PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

RICHARD
10-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Used carbon paper.

Used a pay phone?

Dialed a phone?

Used a dial to change the TV channel?

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine?

Played a pinball machine?

Drank soda from a glass bottle?

-----------------------------

I have! :D

dukedogsmom
10-25-2006, 04:59 PM
All except the ciggs from the machine. Guess that proves we're old farts.

Chilli
10-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I've used a pay phone... and dialed a phone.. and played a pinball machine... and drank soda from a glass bottle. =D
Thats, all, though!

Edwina's Secretary
10-25-2006, 05:04 PM
All of the above......but then we have already established my advanced age....

finn's mom
10-25-2006, 05:05 PM
All of the above. I've never even held a lit cigarette, but, I've bought them for my older brother. And, I actually used a pay phone daily a couple years ago when I lived on my own in Dallas and didn't have a cell phone. It wasn't a great part of town, so, Finn was always with me. ;) And, I drink IBC Root Beer from a glass bottle a couple times a month! Oh, yeah, and I just remembered that I had an old Curtis Mathis floor model television set for the longest time (it just died a couple years ago) and you had to use the dial to change the channels!

Dorothy39
10-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh YEAH, I've been there, I've Done That ;)

We're not OLD, we're useful for the first time ;)

Have you ever used a match book?

Saved S&H Green Stamps?

Jumped Rope or played Marbles?

Or~~~ :rolleyes: Shared a Party Line?

I have :eek:

RICHARD
10-25-2006, 05:14 PM

Saved S&H Green Stamps?

Matchbooks used to have the striker on the front. I remember seeing guys light a paper match with one hand!

Blue Chip Stamps!!!!

Our phone number was a digit off of the redemption center, we would get calls from people wanting to trade their stamps in all the time!

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Have I ever ...

Oh, those were EE-zie ... seems like just yesterday! :o

How about ...

Used a Party-Line Phone with a *CRANK* to alert the Operator??
* (Star Lake, New York, as a lil kid)

Pumped Gas with a HAND Pump Dispenser ?? - Pre-fill a large glass, overhead bottle
by working a hand lever; then let gravity fill the car's tank.
* (Canada on Fishin trip vacations with the family)

Wore an Aluminum Fire Helmet and wore a Rubber Fire Coat :eek:
* (First few years as a Volunteer FF!)

Drove a "CORVAIR" ??

/s/ Wunna the OLD Pharts
;)

cmayer31
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Used carbon paper. - Yep! Even imprinted credit cards on a swipe machine.

Used a pay phone? - Yep

Dialed a phone? - Yep! Grandma use to have a rotary phone.

Used a dial to change the TV channel? - Yep! First TV that was my own was a hand me down black and white with dials and bunny ears. :eek:

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine? - My grandpa had me buy some at the VFW, but I was really little. I've never smoked a cigarette. :)

Played a pinball machine? - Still do every now and then.

Drank soda from a glass bottle? - Yep!

cmayer31
10-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Drove a "CORVAIR" ??

My dad use to race a corvair in CalClub / SCCA, and I almost bought one when I was looking at "classic" cars. ;)

GreyhoundGirl
10-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I've Drank soda from a glass bottle. Everything else, nope ! :p

Pembroke_Corgi
10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
I've done all but buy cigarettes- I've never smoked. :) They actually still have vending machines for cigarettes here in Colorado. :eek:

lizbud
10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Yep, all that you posted Richard. All of what Dorothy posted too. A very
exclusive club we all belong to. Have experience, will enlighten. :D

Dorothy39
10-25-2006, 05:39 PM
How About those "Grease Markers" that the local weather man used :eek:

Oh, and, do you remember television stations signing "off", with "The National Anthem?(that Test Pattern :rolleyes: )
That sound :eek:

Jadapit
10-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, I remember all that. Lol, Dorthy I remember the tv signing off at around midnight.

We used to turn our soda bottles in for a refund, we could buy more soda. ;)

RedHedd
10-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Oh YEAH, I've been there, I've Done That ;)

We're not OLD, we're useful for the first time ;)

Saved S&H Green Stamps?

Jumped Rope or played Marbles?

Or~~~ :rolleyes: Shared a Party Line?

I have :eek:
All of the above AND all of the above :rolleyes: dang I'm old! :D

Dorothy39
10-25-2006, 05:55 PM
:D Yeah, 2 cents a bottle!!! Right? :D

Oh, those were the days my friend (We thought they'd never end :o )

jenluckenbach
10-25-2006, 05:56 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

Count me as one of the oldies, too!

(I loved green stamps.)

Karen
10-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Used carbon paper. Yup - played with it when I was a kid, because grandma had it around.

Used a pay phone? Yup, not too many years ago.

Dialed a phone? Yeah, you mean with a rotary dial? Yup - my hometown was one of the last that I knew of to get "touch-tone" capability.

Used a dial to change the TV channel?
I wasn't allowed to or couldn't reach at home, but I did up at Aunt Bertha's house in New Hampshire - didn't get much reception on most channels, so we'd turn until we found something!

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine? Never, or any other way, either!

Played a pinball machine? We had the old game that was no electricity required "pinball" - it's still somewhere in the family.

Drank soda from a glass bottle? Ayup - still can, if you buy the fancy kinds!

Dorothy39
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
How about becoming scared STIFF after watching Boris K (God rest his Soul) as FRANKENSTEIN?

OR~~~ better yet~~~ those air raid drills in the 60's!!! :eek:

Talk about FIRE DRILLS :eek:

RICHARD
10-25-2006, 07:07 PM
OR~~~ better yet~~~ those air raid drills in the 60's!!! :eek:

The last friday of the month at 10 a.m..

God help you if you forgot the day!

Super scary!

Phred.

Rode in a car with no seat belts built into it! :eek:

Jada,

Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth..

And touched the face of god.

Did they ever show that clip right before sign off?

------------------------

Buy a glass bottle from the vending machine!

Or dipped your hand into the "coca cola" tub for an ICE COLD BOTTLE??

Pam
10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Drove a "CORVAIR" ??

/s/ Wunna the OLD Pharts
;)

Not just drove one but owned one. Wasn't too happy when Ralph Nader wrote *Unsafe at any Speed.* :eek:

Dorothy39
10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Richard, for your amusement, click onto this link.http://www.gatorpress.com/stories/page3.html

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Corvair ...
Not just drove one but owned one.
Wasn't too happy when Ralph Nader wrote *Unsafe at Any Speed.* :eek:

My First Car!
A '65 ... I LOVED it - drove like a race car, good in the snow (till you packed too much snow
under the belly pan - an the lil wheels couldn't reach the ground! :rolleyes: )

As for Ralph ... :mad: ... he sure killed the resale value on mine! :(

Twisterdog
10-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Yes to all of these:

Used carbon paper .... in college, even

Used a pay phone? ... actually, I do this a few times a year.

Dialed a phone? ... my dad still has a dial phone in the basement. My son LOVES it.

Used a dial to change the TV channel? ... in high school. Guess my parents were behind the times!

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine? ... in college, all the time.

Played a pinball machine? ... in high school.

Drank soda from a glass bottle? ... don't they still have them?

Have you ever used a match book? ... used to all the time, when I smoked

Saved S&H Green Stamps? ... My mom had a whole drawer full of them when I was a kid.

Jumped Rope or played Marbles ... still like to.

Drove a "CORVAIR"? ... my friend in high school had one.

television stations signing "off", with "The National Anthem?(that Test Pattern)That sound ... don't they still do that?

Rode in a car with no seat belts built into it! ... my VW Beetle!

No to all of these:

Shared a Party Line? ... My mom did, though.

Used a Party-Line Phone with a *CRANK* to alert the Operator?? ... My mom still has her parents old crank phone.

Pumped Gas with a HAND Pump Dispenser ?? I've never heard of this.

Wore an Aluminum Fire Helmet and wore a Rubber Fire Coat ... only when feeling a little kinky. (Kidding!!)

"Grease Markers" that the local weather man used ... what?

becoming scared STIFF after watching Boris K (God rest his Soul) as FRANKENSTEIN? ... nope.

those air raid drills in the 60's!!! ... nope, wasn't born yet. But my town had "mine sirens" that would go off is there was a problem, like, perish the thought a fire or a cave-in in one of the coal mines. I live about half a block from one of them now, although the mine it was for is closed now.

Here's one about phones ... did you ever have a name instead of numbers as your first three digits. Like "Metro 1234" instead of "567-1234" I remember as a kid our dial phone had a typed piece of cardboard in the center that said "Metro 5864" We had to actually dial the numbers then, but it wasn't too long before that when you didn't apparently. It just sounds so much more glamorous. LOL

Dorothy39
10-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Okay, I so remember driving a VW Beetle, in 1969 :p

Twisterdog
10-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Okay, I so remember driving a VW Beetle, in 1969 :p

Meet George and Ringo ... my beetles. :p Ringo is a 2001 New Beetle and George is a 1974 Super Beetle, restored.

RICHARD
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Played with a wooden top.

Played a crank-it-up phongraph, Still have one in the garage.
79 PRM albums?

Four track stereos!

Eight track Stereos!

:D

--------------

LOL, I 'drove' my brothers beetle to the junk yard..actually steered it..while he towed me.

The car rattled and farted it's way down the street, until I realized it was in gear!

Also, I left my brothers keys in the ignition, so we had to drive back and he had to cimb on the stack of crushed cars to get them out....he was traumatized for having to go back.... :confused: :eek: ;)

Jadapit
10-25-2006, 08:56 PM
I used to have so many eight tracks. I still have a lot of my record albums from high school. When I was in high school my parents owned one of those stereo systems that sit on the floor. A huge piece of furniture. It had the turntable, 8 track and radio. I loved that thing. I would turn it up as loud as it would go, I thought it sounded amazing. Lol.

dukedogsmom
10-25-2006, 09:02 PM
My aunt in Tennessee still uses her retro golden yellow rotary phone.

She also has a complete set of those old Looney Toons glasses.

And she also has one of those retro golden yellow tables with metal trim. I want it so bad!

Laura's Babies
10-25-2006, 09:28 PM
If you want to know how old we all are, just ask!!! LOL! :D

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

yes

edit... I also remember when there were no video games, no cell phones, no computers, microwaves, seat belts and NO EXCUSE was ever listened to.

moosmom
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
All of the above 'cept for the Corvair.

Remember when cigarettes were $.25/pack?

How about gasoline at $.29/gallon?

Remember the gasoline rationing??

Juicy Fruit Gum $.05/pack for 5 sticks

Bubble gum for $.01/piece

Liquor stores were open till after 10 p.m.

All stores were closed on Sundays

No such things as security or metal detectors in schools, only hallway monitors.

No such things as crossing guards. We had "safety patrols" who were older classmates that wore a bright orange strap across your chest/around your waist that had a "badge" pinned to it.

How about Atari?? Long before high-tech video games.

Learning how to type on a MANUAL typewriter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were the first family on our block to get "paid tv" through Connecticut Public Television. We had a box on top of our console tv set that we could tune in and watch movies from, LOOOOOOONG before cable tv ever came into the picture.

Green Stamps - ah yes! My mother and grandmother both saved them. They got my brother's very first guitar with them. The guitar was handed down to me after my parents brought my brother a Gibson. Then I handed it down to my cousin after I got a Gibson 12 string.

Memories.....

Yeah, okay I'm a member of the club too :eek: :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
10-25-2006, 10:08 PM
When I was in college I bought a 1960 Ford Fairlane. Had a hand chock in it. No radio. Big fins. I had to have seat belts installed. I drove it from Illinois to Arizona...for two and half years in Arizona and then sold it for more than I had paid.....

I furnished the kitchen (such as that was) in my first post-college apartment buying almost everything with my mother's collection of green stamps. I still have...and use...some of that stuff.

RICHARD
10-26-2006, 02:29 AM

And she also has one of those retro golden yellow tables with metal trim. I want it so bad!

Don't forget the vinyl chairs! :D

LB,

I was going to try and sneak "Do you remember when dirt was invented?"
for the more mature group! :confused: :eek: ;)

Randi
10-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Richard, all of the above, except for the TV channel change - we didn't even have a TV - or a telephone!! When I was a kid, there were public telephones all over the place, and I cost $0,0169 to make that call, the same as a stick of liqurice. :D

I also learned to type on a manual typewriter, one of the huge red or green IBM's. I was also the proud owner of a 4 track taperecorder. LOL!

John's first "computer" was a ZX81, then we got an Amstrad, running CPM.

So did you ever send a msg on a Telex? I did that too, as late as 76.

Still haven't got a diswasher, washing machine or a microwave. :eek: ... and I can do without. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
10-26-2006, 05:50 AM
Yes to them all! I'm an oldie :D

Pam
10-26-2006, 05:56 AM
My First Car!
A '65 ... I LOVED it - drove like a race car, good in the snow (till you packed too much snow
under the belly pan - an the lil wheels couldn't reach the ground! :rolleyes: )

As for Ralph ... :mad: ... he sure killed the resale value on mine! :(

My folks had a snappy little red Corvair with white interior. Boy was that :cool: It was a breeze to park which my mom loved as she never quite mastered parallel parking. :p Hubby liked theirs so much that he bought a snappy little black Corvair with a white interior for our first car after we got married. It was fine except for the smoke that would occasionally come up from under the dashboard and hit us in the face as we rode down the highway. We never did find out the cause of that. :p

I also learned to type on a manual typewriter. I was so excited when my employer, back in the 60's, brought in all new IBM Selectrics with the changeable little balls. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven. :p

RICHARD
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I was so excited when my employer, back in the 60's, brought in all new IBM Selectrics with the changeable little balls. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven. :p

Yep, it's all in the balls.

--------------------

LOL,
Did anyone ever do laundry in a machine that had the wringers aboove the tub? :D

Randi,

Dot Matrix Printers! :D

critter crazy
10-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Used carbon paper.YES

Used a pay phone?YES

Dialed a phone?YES

Used a dial to change the TV channel?YES

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine?NO

Played a pinball machine?YES

Drank soda from a glass bottle?YES

Queen of Poop
10-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes to it all. I was going to mention the wringer washer but Richard beat me to it. I also recall my mom bringing in sheets off the line in winter time - frozen solid. But the best thing I recall is having to bathe in the old metal tub, that when I look at it now should be filled with ice and cold drinks, certainly I didn't fit into that!!! Oh yes, and the outhouse. I didn't experience a flush toilet until I was 10 years old - can you imagine???

Oh My Goodness, I'm OLD!!!!!

lvpets2002
10-26-2006, 04:55 PM
:o Oh Great Richard you told my age == yes to all && even == Used Pay Phone & it was 10 cents,, The Turn Dial On Our Black & White TV,, Cigs Were 50 cents,, The Glass Coke Bottle that I Drank Out Of I turned back in for 1 cent deposit.. :D Good Thread & it has you to remember when!!

borzoimom
10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Remember sugar cigarrettes.. Or having a remote for your tv that had a chord that went along the floor ( that the dog chewed up) or how big it was to have a chordless phone in the house? Or the first cell phone mounted in your car,, or your computer was at work, a DOS and the computer room filled the whole room???? Or wow- new technology on this thing called a "fax".. or you had a color tv set? And you had to replace the different color bulbs, or seperate color lights on your christmas tree?

Anita Cholaine
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Used a pay phone?

Used carbon paper?

Drank soda from a glass bottle?

We still use those here! I guess we're an old fashioned country :p

Pam
10-26-2006, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD]Yep, it's all in the balls.[/quote=Richard]

--------------------
:o Oh Richard! :o

Yep I can remember watching my mom feeding clothes through those wringers.

Dot Matrix Printers!
Richard I just convinced hubby to throw ours out last year. (He tends to hang onto stuff. :rolleyes: ) Anyway, normally anything in our trash is picked before the morning. No one wanted that printer except the trashmen! LOL!

Laura's Babies
10-26-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I still (to this day) have a bun warmer that I got with S&H Green Stamps!

dukedogsmom
10-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Don't forget the vinyl chairs! :D

She's got those, too.

moosmom
10-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Laura's Babies,

I still (to this day) have a bun warmer

Which buns are you warming??? :p

sirrahved
10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
I have something in common with the mature folks.

I had a party line as a child. It was us and the old maid down the road. I remember picking up and listening a few times, just for fun.

It's hilarious because I went to a museum that had a recording that simulated a party line. I didn't know I was old enough to be in a museum!

My parents also owned a dial telephone, I had a dial tv... Did I grow up in an alternate universe?

lvpets2002
10-27-2006, 08:37 AM
:) Good one Donna & I was wondering the same.. Lets see if she replys.. :D
Laura's Babies,

Which buns are you warming??? :p

smokey the elder
10-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Let's see...had a rotary phone, would use words and numbers (Statexxxxx); I stuck green stamps in books for my grandmother. Learned to type on a manual and thought the Selectric was the bee's knees.

Just a tiny bit too young for duck'n'cover drills, but my school had "fallout shelter" signs in the basement. Yeah, as if that would help! :p ;)

My grandmother got the first color TV in our family.

I remember when cable first came out.

<Geek alert!> I used punched cards in my first computer course! :eek:, and worked with open flames in chemistry lab (double :eek: !!)

joanofark
10-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Used carbon paper. yepp

Used a pay phone? yepp

Dialed a phone? yepp

Used a dial to change the TV channel? yes, accually.

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine? no.. (dont smoke!!)

Played a pinball machine? Yepp!! tons...

Drank soda from a glass bottle? yep, YUMM!

and guess what.... i was only born in 1993 ;)

RICHARD
10-27-2006, 04:03 PM
<Geek alert!> I used punched cards in my first computer course! :eek:, and worked with open flames in chemistry lab (double :eek: !!)

LOL,

PUNCH CARDS!

And real FIRE!

Ah,

Getting real prizes in Cracker Jacks!

Free dinking glasses in boxes of soap!

Dorothy39
10-27-2006, 08:51 PM
How about those Advertisements on Television?

Breeze Detergent, with a FREE TOWEL~ INSIDE THE BOX :eek:

And, who can forget Audrey Meadows showing off those Playtex Cleaning Gloves.
"They're so flexible, you can pick up a dime" :eek: (Whoa, I gotta get a pair of those right away :rolleyes: )

Oh yeah, The New Playtex Girdle, WITH HOLD IN POWER :D , That won't wash out!!!

Go Ahead, Wear it, Wash it, Wear it, Wash it, The Hold in Power Just Won't Wash out!!!! ( hey, it's new, made with Lycra too!! :D )

I'm still tooooo skinny to know what the heck a girdle is!! :D

dukedogsmom
10-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Speaking of punching cards, I remember punching time cards when I first started my job I have now.

Suki Wingy
10-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Used carbon paper- Playing around in my grandma's basement

Used a pay phone?- yup

Dialed a phone?- OH- you mean one of those circle ones? I don't even nkow how you'd go about turning it.

Used a dial to change the TV channel?-Yes, we had an old dial TV for a while we bought at a garage sale

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine?-NO

Played a pinball machine?- Yes, The Lost World in my grandparents basement, I have highscore!

Drank soda from a glass bottle?- Yes, the Coca Cola noveltie ones, and Jones and Izze sodas

Dorothy39
11-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Yes to all of these

"Grease Markers" that the local weather man used ... what?
LOL

Before Doplar Radar and computers~ meteorologists forecasted local weather on the Weather Segment of the News.

It was always a man, of course, and he used a Grease Pencil to show where a cold front , or, a warm front was located. He had to work fast, using his grease pencil for displaying areas of either sun or clouds, rain or snow.

The grease pencil always made a squeaky sound as he proceeded to explain the recent weather pattern .(dots for snow, slashes for rain, etc)

Husky15
11-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Used carbon paper? Yes. It was kind of fun.

Used a pay phone? Yes.

Dialed a phone? Yep.

Used a dial to change the TV channel? Yes.

Bought Cigarettes from a vending machine? They have those now?

Played a pinball machine? You bet.

Drank soda from a glass bottle? Sure have.

cyber-sibes
11-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Drove a "CORVAIR" ??

/s/ Wunna the OLD Pharts
;)Hey Phred, that's what I learned to drive with! My brother taught me in his old white Corvair, standard shift, of course. (LOL! The spellcheck highlights "Corvair" I.e. there ain't no such word)

Ever drive a car with a Hydro-glide semi-automatic transmission? You had to shift into first, but it became "automatic" and shifted into 2nd & 3rd on it's own. Had one in the first car I "co-owned" - a '49 Dodge!

I've used all of it - wringer washer, carbon paper, dial phones, party line etc. I was just talking to my older brother (same one that taught me to drive) about S & H stamps a couple weeks ago! Gawd, must be getting old!

But the best thing I recall is having to bathe in the old metal tub, that when I look at it now should be filled with ice and cold drinks, certainly I didn't fit into that!!! Oh yes, and the outhouse. I didn't experience a flush toilet until I was 10 years old - can you imagine???My grandmother didn't have running hot water till the 70's, so she used to heat kettles & pour it into a tub to bathe in at her house. But, I grew up with the luxury of flushing toilets!

Lizzie
11-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes to all the original questions, except buying cigarettes. Yes, also to:

Played with a wooden top. These always came into the shops around Whitsuntide, when it wasn't so wet in the playground. You are talking about the old whip and top, correct? I loved Jacks also and have a set.

Played a crank-it-up phongraph, Still have one in the garage.
79 PRM albums? We used ours for party games because it was easy to lift up the heavy arm without hurting the record.

How about having a family car that had to be hand-cranked to start? And, no it wasn't bought as a vintage car.

How about using a ration book? I remember being sent to the local shop when I was about four to buy sugar, rationed for years after WWII ended (in England).

How many of you went to a Beatles concert?

Did any of you drive or ride in a bubble car? Talk about unsafe!

I remember the outside lavatory at the bottom of the garden, and being bathed in a tin tub in front of the fire. And I remember my step-mother's relief when we were able to afford a "twin tub" (wash one side, spin the other) to replace the massive washing tub with poncher and the terrifying wringer.

How many of you grew up without central heating? Got dressed for school under the bed covers because the inside of your bedroom windows were covered with ice? I certainly don't miss that.

mruffruff
11-17-2006, 09:09 AM
I remember all of the above. My mom brought the frozen sheets in to thaw. We took baths in a big metal tub. We had ice on our windows in the morning and dressed in front of the wood burning cook stove. Those were the mornings for a slop jar instead of a trek to the outhouse. TV was in it's infancy; Dad had the first (home made) TV in town. Party line phones were the only kind. Laundry was scrubbed on a washboard and wrung out by hand. Mom hauled water from the creek in a big milk can on a Radio Flyer wagon.

Much later, I bought my first car for $25.00. It was an old Studebaker that was on it's last legs. The next car was a 65 VW bug.

I still have 78 RPM and 45 RPM records but nothing to play them on. The old crank player disappeared long ago. Anybody remember "Honky Tonk parts 1 & 2"?

Collecting bottles to turn in for MONEY was the kids job. Bought a lot of bread that way.

OK, so I'm old!!! I gladly admit it. And no, I don't want to go back to those times. I like showers, microwaves, remote control TV, more than one station to watch, and a car with an automatic transmission and air conditioning.
Just call me Thoroughly Modern Mary. :D

trayi52
11-17-2006, 09:35 AM
All of the above except the crank telephone, used the rotary dial phone though.

My husband owned a Corvair when we were dating!

Willie :)

Barbara
11-17-2006, 02:02 PM
LOL,

PUNCH CARDS!

And real FIRE!

Ah,

Getting real prizes in Cracker Jacks!

Free dinking glasses in boxes of soap!

Sure thing punch cards! Old IBM punching card machine. We were very happy when we could communicate online with the mainframe ;)