PDA

View Full Version : What do I do, now?

Sevaede
10-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I have a very serious dilemma at my house, PTers. I was hoping that someone could shed some light or provide some advice about this situation.

What is it, you say?

Two boy cats... getting ALONG?! O_O

Bailey and Soni are actually getting along now. For a couple of days they had a few little spats trying to sort out the pecking order. Now they will walk up to, sleep with, and groom the other! They've still got some boundaries but those are slowly melting away. I am overjoyed that they like each other now. I hope Soni isn't too sad when Bailey gets adopted. :(

Bailey is slowly adjusting to Spanky, too! :D

So, PTers, any advice on my huge dilemma? :D

Catty1
10-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Get out of fostering - you flunked! :D

RedHedd
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
So, PTers, any advice on my huge dilemma? :D :D Pictures? :p

Laura's Babies
10-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Keep Bailey or let him go NOW! Once they have bonded, can you really break Sonia's heart by taking away his buddy?

Chester cried and wouldn't eat for days when I sent the last 2 fosters to their new life. I missed them too, but Chester's reaction to them being gone kept me crying for days!

catmandu
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Thats A Hazard Of Fostering That Not Only Will You Fall In Love With The Cats, But That Your Cats Will Bond With Them Too.
I Think That Thats A Dynamic Duo That Should Not Be Broken Up.

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2006, 01:30 AM
I'd also love to see some pictures of them and I think that Soni is trying to tell you that Bailey has already found his forever home.:)

Sonia59
10-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Keep Bailey :D :D You probably would have expected this answer from PTers when you started this thread :D ;)

Logan
10-26-2006, 08:32 AM
I say the sooner you can get that sweet one adopted out, the better, for you!! I have been a foster failure and it was the greatest experience, ever, but I also have learned my limitations, and was able to let the last foster (dog) go to her new family. Otherwise, I was going to get attached and never let her leave.

If you want to continue to foster, then you have to learn that same lesson I did!!!! :)

Logan

Glacier
10-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Get out of fostering - you flunked! :D

No, no, no! She needs to take fostering 101 again, even it means she ends up failing many times! ;)

Sevaede
10-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I am hoping that if we cannot find him a home while we are here then he's coming with us when we move in a year or so. :D