PDA

View Full Version : Fatty Little Lady..........

Husky_mom
10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Finally I was able to find a FEMALE BETTA!!!

I just HAD to had her, as I´ve NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a female EVER before....... so I brought her home and my, is she FAT LOL, this was just yesterday adn today I saw what I assume are eggs.......little white dots, and she is soooo big and fatty.......

I´m going over today to see if they get more (the lady told me today there are supossed to arrive more bettas, hopefully females)

I have no pics as of now, but shes is kind of grey with some blue and red on her fins, at first I thought she was a male plakat, but I saw the obvious ovopositor (sp?) (now that I´ve seen it I know what to look for ;))

well I just thought to share :)

Zippy
10-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Congrats on your first female.She sounds beautiful.What is her name??

zoomer
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
Congrats on your new addition and I hope the babies hatch :D! What did you name the beautiful-sounding girl? I hope to see pictures soon!

Chilli
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Congratulations! =D
I just love my female bettas, and I bet yours is just beautiful!
I'm happy that you were able to find a girlie.. hopefully they'll get more in.

Husky_mom
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
thanks!!..........searching for a while I deducted she is a multicolored one, but still have no clue on the tail LOL........she seems quite simetrical, but not sure LOL........ she´s currently called as Fatty miss Patty......LMAO sorry just a dorky name........

I still havent put her with a male, so no babies yet.....;)

I went......... and no ladies arrived :( , but I´ll keep waiting and have my fingers crossed.......I can´t wait to have a community with a few females :)

Husky15
10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Congrats! Bettas make wonderful pets. I have had many in the past and my sister has one at the moment. All of ours were males though.

Husky_mom
10-27-2006, 11:49 AM
actually I had only males until thi s lady arrived LOL......and to your surprise.....well........i don´t think it´s much of a surprise......hehe I went to another fish store and got 4 more!!!........LOL I felt in a lucky streak since like i said before i never saw females.......so I took all 4!!!

I´ll download some pics today so I can take new pics of the ladies, which 2 of them instantly showed vertical lines.......naughty ladies..........LOL

theres fatty miss patty.......kind of grey with blue and red (multicolored)

then Fiona......(multicolored also but has more red than blue and a daker body)

then Zebra (shes mosly light grey with very dark horizontal lines and her fins are outlined in black)

then we have the two naughties: stil nameless

one is like turquoise teal iridiscent and turns darker when........well you know ;)

and the other one is almost beige and transparent fins but she gets also dark and her fins turn RED!!.......quite impressive if you see her cooled off LOL

Chilli
10-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Congratulations on even more girls! =D
They sounds wonderful.. I can't wait to see pictures!