PDA

View Full Version : She is HOME!!!!!!

Presley
06-06-2002, 08:11 PM
ohhh My she is sore... Her tummy is all sunk in.. I feel horrible..
When the tech brought her out to me she was so druged up still but when she heard my voice she looked up and started to wiggle. Oh my i smothered her with kisses and started crying.. I love her soooooooooooooo much.. When we brought her in the house both the cats were rubbing against her it was so sweet.. Maggie our 1 1/2 yo cat got spayed not long ago and she is sniffing Presley like crazy.. She must know the pain she is going through.. my poor girl!
Anyways i need to go comfort her as she is laying in the livingroom.
thank you all for your kind thoughts.. Great big hugs to you all!!!!
Melissa!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-06-2002, 08:34 PM
Glad to hear she is home!!!! And what sweet kitties you have to welcome her home with some good ol kitty rubbs!!!! After some rest and bein home she will get better in no time.... **kisses to you sweet Presley... get better soon** :)

slleipnir
06-06-2002, 08:35 PM
Thats great!! See, we told you she'd be fine ;D It's still ok to worry, lmao, we all do :] Give kisses to the brave girl for me :]

mugsy
06-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Yeah Presley!! You'll be back on your feet in no time. Get some sleep and get up tomorrow and show Mom how much better you feel....see....she didn't leave you!!

I'm so glad that Presley is home now, things can get back to normal.

Logan
06-06-2002, 09:46 PM
She'll feel better even tomorrow, I promise. You just keep her calm for a few days, follow the doctors orders. I know you feel so relieved!!! :)

anna_66
06-06-2002, 10:05 PM
:D Glad to hear Presley is home and doing ok. I know you will be the bestest nurse for your little furbie! Get rested up & take care. {{{{Hugs}}}} From Anna, Angus & Roxey

Presley
06-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Hi,
I just finished filling a air mattress. I am going to sleep with Presley downstairs in the livingroom. I don't want her to try and jump up on the bed. I think she will like that. Thank you all i am so glad to have her home :)

kobieeli
06-07-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi Presley, this is Kobie here. I just wanted to tell you that after my fixin' I was miserable, just like you are, but I felt lots better once I got home where I belonged! Let yer mom spoil you like you deserve. ;)

Make sure you don't do stuff that'll worry her, though, like pickin' and lickin' at yer stitches, or jumpin' up on beds just to be close by her. I tried that stuff with my panicky mom and off she went with me back to the vet (:eek: ) for more lookin' at! Argh! They clapped one of them lampshades on me too, can you believe it? At least you don't have THAT indignity, girl!

Be good, Presley. You'll be yer old self in no time! :D

tatsxxx11
06-07-2002, 05:17 AM
Welcome home Presley! You mind your Mommy, stay quiet and let her spoil you rotten!! And no jumping or running for a while!!! We don't want your zipper to bust!

Melissa, I'm so glad your worrying is over! What a good Mom you are. Sleeping next to her was a great comfort for Presley, I'm sure! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us! You watch, she'll be back on her feet and feeling frisky very soon!! Love, Sandra, Codyand Star

Presley
06-07-2002, 07:57 AM
Hi guys.
Presley had a not so great night, Lots of crying. Last night before bed i took her out for a pee and she ended up doing a #2 as well. When she was done she was shaking like crazy and just layed down and wouldn't move.. I had to pick her up and carry her up the stairs and into the house.. She is a big girl. The vets scale says she weights around 65 pounds.
This morning she went up and down the stairs better and did her jobs without a problem. We only had one upchuck. Too much water at once i think. All and all she is ok.

I do have a question. We spoke to the vets about her picking at things because she does this with Everything. She is already licking at her cut a lot. All her stitchs are on the inside and he took some extra care with not cutting to big because she is so active and her ripping them is a big worry for me. Anyways he didn't recommend a cone because he said some dogs just go crazy with it on and she wouldn't take well to it he said. He said to get some kids tshirts and put it on her backwards to cover the site and that will help. I did get some tshirts from our local sally ann yesterday and washed them and so on. But is there anything else i can do? Any other options? creams or anything?

jennifert
06-07-2002, 07:58 AM
Oh that is wonderful! I'm glad everything went well with Presley's surgery. How is she this morning?

Presley
06-07-2002, 08:09 AM
She is doing good Jenn.. She jumped up on the bed this morning and is now sleeping there. I almost had a heart attack!
But she is doing good.. We will just keep things nice and quiet for the next few days :)

Gio
06-07-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm pleased Presley is feeling better. I'm sure that in just a couple of days she will be back to her old self :)

ramanth
06-07-2002, 11:12 AM
((((HUGS))))

You recover real soon, okay Presley? I'm so happy to hear she's doing better.

Dixieland Dancer
06-07-2002, 12:21 PM
Dixie's biggest problem was the itchies from where her hair was shaved off. As it starts to grow in it causes stubbly itches for a few days. Talk a cream and massage it in to the shaved areas but not close to the incision. That helped Dixie a lot from trying to scratch and lick to much.

Keep us the great work with her mom!

Albea
06-07-2002, 12:27 PM
GOOD FOR PRESLEY!!!
It's great to know you're doing much better :D :D :D
Now, if you don't jump and run around too much you'll be like new in no time. Take it from an old lady like me, I had surgery several times. I also had to suffer the indignity of wearing an old T-shirt. I didn't do much for my Golden image but it helped me heal faster.;)
Love, Carina.

Presley
06-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Candy you said cream? What sort of cream? Is there anything else i can put on her to make her not lick? The tshirt is really annoying her. Plus they didn't shave her down to the skin so there is some stubble there and i'm sure that is annoying the heck out of her. she is sure not feeling her wonderful self today...

Dixieland Dancer
06-07-2002, 03:07 PM
I used a balm for cracked nipples (it was left over from when Dixie was pregnant). You can also use something like vasoline. Just don't leave it sloppy. You can also use something like bitter apple since the stitches are internal if she continues to lick.

Did you remember to give her a hug from me??? ;)

mugsy
06-07-2002, 04:14 PM
I told you Presley would feel better soon!! I'm glad she's already getting back to her old self. Sox and come and the first night wanted to run around and play, so consider yourself lucky that Presley wanted to sleep!! lol

momoffuzzyfaces
06-07-2002, 04:33 PM
I'm so glad Presley is feeling better. Hugs to you both from my gang. :)

Presley
06-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Thank you Candy.
I did give her loads of hugs and kisses from everyone here and about another million from me!
She is sure itchy so i'm trying to get that under control..
Thanks for the advise Candy :)

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2002, 07:22 AM
When we had Cincy spayed 2 months ago, the vet suggested putting baby powder on the stiches 2-3 times per day. She didn't seem to be itchy or lick, so we never did, so I can't tell you if it works...

Glad to hear Presley is feeling better. It so hard to see them the first day or two, but soon they are back to their normal selves.