PDA

View Full Version : Update on Sweetpea and her baby. *UPDATE* Page 5

rg_girlca
10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Here is a picture of Sweetpea with her remaining baby.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p7d0c467e97459c7895cf03022d275ee2/ec5cf4ce.jpg

So far he seems to be doing okay. Sweetpea is very attentive to him as she was with the others. Of course now I question myself if I should have just had them aborted in the first place instead of going through all this misery. But I can't dwell on that now. I have to focus on the one that is still alive. What happened, has happened. It was a learning experience for me. A hard one, but still a learning one. I will know better if I should ever be in this situation again.

Now, maybe if we name this little fella, yes it's a boy, he will continue to thrive.
Any suggestions anyone?? :)

Thank you all again for your prayers and sympathies. I really appreciated them.

Edwina's Secretary
10-24-2006, 09:39 PM
How about Ditto..or Carbon....he looks like a copy of his mom....

catnapper
10-24-2006, 09:41 PM
That picture is just too sweet. Look at her cuddling her boy.

How about Hercules (or Herc for short) since he's so strong.

Catty1
10-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Because part of her name is Sweet, and they look alike - Sugar Twin?

Nope....didn't think so! :D

Soapets
10-24-2006, 09:54 PM
How about "Rocky" since he's such a fighter? He just HAS to keep on fighting, no matter what......... My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.................

Deb

Soapets
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh, and I forgot to ask, is Sweetpea making milk yet for the little guy? If not, is he eating well from the syringe/bottle?

Deb

Laura's Babies
10-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Seeing her with her baby in her arms brings tears to my eyes.. She loves her baby so....

Reachoutrescue
10-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Lorraine, I am so sorry for what you are going through....I know all too well the pain in losing babies...I sure hope this little guy makes it!! I was thinking of something like "Pachino" or "Rocky" is a good one as suggested by Soapets. He sure is a fighter. Can't wait to see pictures as he grows. (((HUGS))) to you, Sweetpea, and the little tyke.

RedHedd
10-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Aww, what a sweet pic. I'm so sorry you've had to go through so much loss in the past few days. I'm with the others on the name - he's a little fighter - Rocky! I hope he continues to do well.

K & L
10-24-2006, 11:09 PM
What a precious picture! I like the suggested name "Rocky" cause he has been a fighter! I think you've done well Lorraine! Please don't beat yourself up. Sweetpea and this little guy are much better off because of YOU!

jazzcat
10-25-2006, 12:29 AM
What a sweet picture! I'm so glad he is doing well so far. Prayers and good thoughts that he continues to thrive.

As for a name I do suggest something strong/survivor/fighter for him. Go little guy!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Lorraine, I'm so glad to see and hear that this little guy is doing well.:) I was thinking of the name Lucky since he's still here but I also like the idea of a fighters name like Rocky too. I'm sure you'll pick a out a wonderful name for him.:)

Killearn Kitties
10-25-2006, 03:31 AM
That is such a wonderful picture of Sweetpea and her little baby!
Please grow big and strong little boy!

elleagwire
10-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Such a sweet photo! Sweetpea and her baby looks like twins. They both look so lovely...

http://www.awionline.org/pubs/cq02/gui-3.jpg

Elle Mayson

jenluckenbach
10-25-2006, 05:03 AM
That photo is so adorable!!!!!!!!!

Sonia59
10-25-2006, 06:11 AM
What a sweet picture.

I have no additional good name to suggest, but I can only approve Kim's Hercules suggestion, as Hercule (without the s, probably the French version of it) was my very first cat, and also a black and white guy :)

moosmom
10-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Lorraine,

LES here! That picture says it all. And you need not beat yourself up. You fought for all of them. It's natures way, unfortunately, of saying it just wasn't to be. I wish I could think of a name for the little guy. But I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet (it's 7:15 a.m. here) and my body's awake but my brain is a little behind in schedule.

Great job!

Freedom
10-25-2006, 08:51 AM
That photo is so touching! It is the feline version of the mom and baby statues, photos and so forth. "Rocky" as a name for him has a double meaning, you know. He had a "rocky" start, but he fought like "Rocky Marciano" and pulled through it all!!! Hooray, little one, keep growing stronger!!

catmandu
10-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Juke Joint Joseph would be honored if you considered Joseph as a name.
Or Moosie after Moose The Magnificent.
Thats a divine Photo of Sweetpea nad her baby.
We are praying taht he gets past these next critical months.

Lori Jordan
10-25-2006, 10:06 AM
They are both adorable,My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of need.

kuhio98
10-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Gentle hugs and kisses to the beautiful survivor. And for Sweetpea. And for you. Don't second guess the decision. We do the best we can. You guys have done a wonderful job. If not for you, Sweetpea would be in an awful place. And NONE of her babies would have made. Perhaps she wouldn't have either. They both have a good chance now.

Don Juan's mom
10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
My idea was "Albert," after the black-and-white tom my grandmother had when I was little. But, seeing as the little guy's a fighter, I would be OK with Rocky or Hercules, or even Achilles.

Liz

momoffuzzyfaces
10-25-2006, 12:36 PM
If you had had them aborted they would never have known the feel of their mother's care or her love and she would never have felt theirs. Sweetpea at least got to give them kitty kisses.

It may be my imagination but I think the little one looks like he's bigger.
I've asked all my family who are in heaven to pray for Sweetpea and her little one. Believe me, that's quite a crowd of prayers going on there.

Prayers from me too, of course.

I like Rocky for a name for him. Or Champ short for champion.

angelbow20
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM
he is sooo cute he reminds me of some of the kittens i found! He looks like a thomas or rex haha they were 2 of my kitties names.

Donnaj4962
10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh my.... serious LES here, as I cannot stop looking at the picture of proud SweetPea with her baby. There is so much love in her eyes, and in the sight of her arm around her baby, protecting him. How adorable.

Please, quit beating yourself up over the lost babies. I think someone else had also posted that had it not been for your intervention, NO ONE would have made it in all likelihood. Everyone knows this was what nature and the big Guy upstairs had planned. Nothing you could have done would have changed that.

Bless you for all that you have done for little SweetPea.

phesina
10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
What a lovely picture. That could become a poster for Mother's Day. Sweetpea loves her baby so much.

I think Rocky is a good name too.. even if he's a she..? Can you tell the gender of a kitlet this young?

What a wonderful thing you did, Lorraine, saving her from that awful Pierre creature. There wouldn't have been any kittens and perhaps not even Sweetpea if you hadn't rescued her. As was said before, even with the tragic loss of the others, Sweetpea and the kittens all got to know each others' love. Bless you for making that possible.

Pat

orangemm
10-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Now that is a mother's love. You can SEE it in her eyes and posture. Yes, it does bring tears to the eyes, but now they are happy tears because this little one will make it, thanks to you.

Please do not blame yourself. You did everything you could for Sweetpea and her babies. Think what might have happened if you hadn't made her go 'poof'.
(on second thought, don't dwell on that)

Rocky seems the perfect name for this little fighter. Please keep us posted.

Hugs to you, Sweetpea and this little miracle.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
that picture of Sweetpea and her baby is so touching end emotional.
You can see it in her face how much she loves that widdle biddle baby.
She is holding him/her so close to her heart, just as any of us here would hold our own children to comfort them.
all I can say is thank goodness she is in your home where she is safe and she looks so very content too.
My pick for the name would be Miracle., because that is what he/she truely is :)

kimlovescats
10-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Lorraine, that is one of the sweetest pictures ever! Knowing the story and how this momma has fought to keep her babies, this picture is PRICELESS!!! I do like the name Ditto ... as I had named one of my B&W fosters that, because he reminded me of my RB Tucker. Rocky is also cute, but since we already have a PT Rocky (Jazzcat) then I'm suggesting Stallone .... as in Sylvester Stallone who played Rocky Balboa! ;) Whatever you name him, we will love it, because it will be his own special name!

HUGS to you, Lorraine for all you've done for Sweetpea and her little blessings!

Kim

kt_luvs_kitties
10-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I am praying this little baby makes it. I am so sorry the others did not. And everyone is right, atleast she got to love her babies, and knows what it feels like. She is precious, and you can tell, she is one AMAZING momma kitty. Hugs to you both

Karen
10-25-2006, 11:16 PM
I think you should name him Goose. It's the time of year the geese fly south maybe passing over you, his brother had a goose-in-flight mark on his back, and geese are strong, feisty critters!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Hope all is well with Sweetpea and her little one today. I get so I hold my breath when I check for news of them on cat general. Hope he is stronger every minute.

(((HUGS))) to the little family and of course, you!!!

Don Juan's mom
10-26-2006, 11:43 AM
If we want to give him the name of a fighter, how about Max (for Max Schmeling) or J.L. (for Joe Louis)?

Liz

jenluckenbach
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
or J.L. (for Joe Louis)?

Liz
Or Jen Luckenbach ;) :D

Catty1
10-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Ali? :)

Vermontcat
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Here is a picture of Sweetpea with her remaining baby.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p7d0c467e97459c7895cf03022d275ee2/ec5cf4ce.jpg

Now, maybe if we name this little fella, yes it's a boy, he will continue to thrive.
Any suggestions anyone?? :)

That is such an adorable photo! :D
Here are some more name suggestions:
along with the Rocky theme, why not call him Stallone like Kim said, or maybe Sly, or Stoney, or Slate, to go with his gray color, or Grayson(because he's gray and a boy), or Hero or Champ for being such a fighter.
But my favorite name for him is KEEPER because that is what he is!
It looks like Sweetpea is saying in the photo, as she hugs him close, " Come on Meowmie, please can we keep him?" ;)

I hope you can update us again soon with more photos of Sweetpea and her Numero Uno son. :)

Cataholic
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
POD!

You MUST name the baby POD!!!! Sweet Pea? And, her POD!!!!

LOL, I swear, if you do not name the baby POD, I am comin' for you. :D

Donnaj4962
10-26-2006, 03:39 PM
POD!

Oh yes! That is a great one! I agree... POD IT SHOULD BE!

Great idea Cataholic!

catfamily
10-26-2006, 03:50 PM
How about Ditto..or Carbon....he looks like a copy of his mom....
Those are wonderful names to chose from.Purrrfect :) I like Carbon but both are great.Any name is great.
I think if you keep him you'll see later on that it was worth EVERYTHING in the world to go through what you went through.Seeing him grow up and get old with you is the best thing in the world.
My oldest cat now is ROSCO...how about that?
Here he is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/9-11-06Roscomylove.jpg

Laura's Babies
10-26-2006, 03:52 PM
This just hit me so funny and I was wahooooooing and laughing! That is SO cute... POD! Sweetpea and her little Pod.... that is just so sweet!

Heather78418
10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
I think it should be POD also!!! That is tooo cute and fits them to a tee!!!

Russian Blue
10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
POD!

I agree with Pod..too cute! Knowing the story, the picture is even more special. I'd frame that one for sure. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Sweetpea and PeaPOD!!!!!!! :eek:
Oh, MY!!!! :D :D :D

catmandu
10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
We Here Are Still Holding Out Hope For Moosie, As He Was A Fighter Too, And Didnt Ever Give Up Even When Hes Was Not Feeling Well.
We Are Praying For Him, That He Will Be Well.

momcat
10-26-2006, 05:10 PM
That's a fantastic picture, but where's the mega-cuteness warning?

jazzcat
10-26-2006, 05:19 PM
POD - oh that is too cute!!!!!!

I also like Keeper. I almost named Jazz that.

rg_girlca
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
WOW you guys have come up with some great names, but POD had me ROTFLMO. Talk about original. LOL!!! I will have to make a list of your choices and say each one to him to see how it fits.

He is still holding up well and has almost doubled in his size.

Here is another picture of the lonely boy.
You can clearly see the tabby markings.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pac2fbf72dcd94d496815b58b74201857/ec56cd72.jpg

I'll keep you all posted on his progress. :)

Grace
10-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Has Sweetpea's milk come in - or do you continue to feed him?

That picture is so sweet - I've seen human babies sleep that exact same way, with their arms tucked underneath their body.

K & L
10-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Lorraine he looks wonderful!! He's going to be a big handsome guy!

rg_girlca
10-26-2006, 06:38 PM
My vet called yesterday to see how things were going. I told him how the baby has almost doubled in size and seems to be doing well. He said that it's obvious that Sweetpea has milk, but she might not have enough to satisfy her baby, so I am to continue bottle feeding him, but today, drop one of the feedings. He said for me to take care of the day time feedings and for mama to take care of the night time ones. I take it one day at a time and just pray that he continues to do well. He is 4 1/2 days old now, so he isn't out of the woods just yet.

catmandu
10-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Is It Me, Or Does He Have Moose Markings?

jenluckenbach
10-26-2006, 07:10 PM
He looks WONDERFUL!!!!

kimlovescats
10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
That's great that he is obviously gaining weight and growing. Not even five days yet, come on time and pass!!!! ;) You're doing a fantastic job, Lorraine ... I have a very good feeling about this special little guy!!!

EDIT: I just saw his newest picture .... is he gray and white instead of black & white?

Kim

jazzcat
10-26-2006, 07:26 PM
He looks great! Hang in there little guy!!!

Kim - in case Lorraine doesn't answer soon, he is gray and white.

Catty1
10-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, if he and Sweetpea looked alike, they were "peas in a pod" - so POD sounds great!

hearing the Pidder-Podder of little paws! :D

catnapper
10-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Awww... now why did you go and post a photo of him showing off tabby stripes? I think he'd make Harry feel so much better about being a tabby with white around here ;)

I also vote for Pod as his name :p

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2006, 10:21 PM
POD!

Johanna you beat me to it. I was also thinking of what went with sweetpea and I also thought of pod but didn't think that any one would like this suggestion.;) I think that POD would be a wonderful name for him and it would also be very unique.

Lorraine, he's so cute and I'm so glad that he's doing so well. Please continue to keep us updated about him.:)

Laura's Babies
10-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Ah hem... Look at little Pod how FAT he is looking! If that isn't just the most adoreable picture of a infant kitty baby!!!!! He is adoreable!!! Just makes me want to come to your house and hold him all day long and drown him in kisses!

sandragonfly
10-26-2006, 11:34 PM
aw.. :( I read "remaining" somewhere and had to do a search.. he's last one and I'm so sorry you lost the four others! ((((HUGGGS)))) but lorraine! :mad: your fault?? no no no! that made me sad.. I went through the same, learned and faced that they weren't meant to live, you know? :( they didn't had to suffer more! I can understand you felt bad but those kitties are very good at being sick secretly..

that last picture of him "lonely" broke my heart.. this little sweetheart knew nothing and surviving! goodness, that little fatty furrball of innocence is so cute!! the way he walks or sleeps! hehe...(giggles).

pod (the name) is just cute! made me thought of ipod - he can keep the music going! :D ;) again, very sorry and thanks for daily updates & pictures! enjoying them...

orangemm
10-27-2006, 04:54 AM
I've been hoping you'd post a picture of this little fighter! He is just too darling for words.

You're looking good, little guy, keep the faith!! Eat some more!!

Donnaj4962
10-27-2006, 09:10 AM
I can only say the obvious..... AWWWW! :)

That little one is so adorable! I hope and pray that he continues to thrive and that Sweetpea continues to do well.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2006, 12:27 PM
And where was his mama when you kit napped him for his photo shoot? Not far away I bet. :)

Hang in there little Pod!!! You have tons of prayers being said on your behalf from all of us.

It won't be long before he'll start opening his eyes and peeking at you Lorraine. I think they start opening their eyes at about 10 days old. He's half way there. He'll probably think you are his second mommy!!! :)

(((HUGS))) to you and Sweetpea and her little PeaPOD! :D
Wouldn't I love to plant a kiss on his sweet little head!!!!

Reachoutrescue
10-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh, Lorraine, he is soooooo cute! I think Pod is a perfect name! I can't wait to watch him grow. You are in my thoughts my dear friend. :)

RedHedd
10-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Ah that's better! Imagestation was down for a while and I couldn't see how the little Pod has grown already! He really does look like he's put on a lot of weight in his (her?) few days on the planet. What a cutie! I hope s/he continues to thrive!