PDA

View Full Version : Another free sample for pups.

Sevaede
10-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I got this in an AOL email.

http://www.greenies.com/en_US/default.asp?CSID=307

Does it look valid and everything like that?

borzoimom
10-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Greenies are dangerious. My own vet stopped selling them because of the dog getting pieces off enough, and blocking the intestine- nooooooo kidding..

lwds
10-24-2006, 07:08 PM
(hmm, some reason I deleted my message)

I don't understand why someone, who looks at the ingredients to be aware of what their dogs are eating, can feed this? Nasty (and it looks like they changed the ingredients, anyone know if it's true? There's ingredients I remember seeing that aren't there anymore).

We will stick with RMBs and bully sticks. ;)

BC_MoM
10-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Greenies are dangerious. My own vet stopped selling them because of the dog getting pieces off enough, and blocking the intestine- nooooooo kidding..

Greenies themselves are not dangerous. They're not meant to be eaten by dogs who bite off chunks and swallow - all dogs should be supervised when chewing/eating on anything, whether it be a bone, a toy......

Aspen and Misty
10-24-2006, 07:32 PM
We have many dog's that come into my work that have had intestinal problems because of Greenies. After hearing people's own account in person, I would never feed Greenies again to my dog. I used to feed them and my dog's LOVED them however now that I'm educated I would rather get them something safer.

Ashley

CathyBogart
10-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Greenies just re-did their ingredient list. I'm willing to try a free sample. Yes, this looks legit to me.

Here are the new ingredients...

Gelatin, Wheat Protein Isolate, Glycerin, Soy Protein Isolate, Sodium Caseinate, Natural Poultry Flavor, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Vegetable Oil (Preserved with Propyl Gallate), Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Lecithin, Ground Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Monostearate, Monoglycerides of Edible Fatty Acids, Choline Chloride, Potassium Sorbate (A Preservative), Minerals (Magnesium Oxide, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Maganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), Vitamins (dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate [source of Vitamin E], Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Vitamin B6], Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Folic Acid), Chlorophyll.

Looks much better than the old ingredient list to me. Plus, Jasper's definitely into chewing up his food before he swallows it. :)

PJ's Mom
10-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Greenies have been re-invented to make them more easily digestible. That's probably why the ingredient list has changed.

I have always given mine one greenie per week and will still do that. :)