PDA

View Full Version : Cheerios hit NZ.....

carole
10-24-2006, 03:16 PM
A random thread I know, but i remember a post we had on favourite cereals, and i noticed Cheerios were very popular, well Nestle has brought the product down under, and i have sampled them, and yes they are yummy, not any better than some of our other cereals though, actually the only cheerios we knew in NZ were little red sausages, like cocktail sausages, they are called that here,now i was thinking they would be excellent used in recipes like some kind of museli bar or biscuit slice whatever, so if anyone has some recipes including them please post, thanks. :)

Samantha Puppy
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
You're just now getting Cheerios down there? Just the regular (bland) kind, or the flavored ones too? My favorite is Honey Nut Cheerios. Here they just released Fruity Cheerios (which are like Fruit Loops but smaller, Cheerio sized). They also have yogurt ones and multi-grain. I can't believe you're just getting them.

Jadapit
10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I also love the Honey Nut Cheerios. :) I've never tried making anything using Cheerios. I found this site with lots of recipes using Cheerios. I might try a few of them myself.

http://www.cheerios.com/recipes/recipes.aspx

lizbud
10-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Cheerios with sliced bananas are my favorite breakfast food.Even my
dogs love cheerios. :)

cmayer31
10-24-2006, 04:23 PM
I love Honey Nut Cheerios! I'll even eat them out of the box with no milk. Makes the perfect low mess office snack.

Argranade
10-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I love Cheerios! :D ,

I always add extra sugar to my bowl, maybe that's why Im so hyper lol.

.....but nothing beats....Honey Comb! :p

finn's mom
10-24-2006, 06:17 PM
That's pretty cool to hear that Cheerios are just now coming to stores near you! My favorite kind of cereal is Kashi brand, I like most of the kinds I've tried. Never really liked Cheerios, though. :)

BitsyNaceyDog
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
I love Honey Nut Cheerios! I'll even eat them out of the box with no milk. Makes the perfect low mess office snack.
That's my favorite way to eat regular Cheerios, right out of the box. My birds, rodents and dogs like them too.

The Apple Cheerios are good too. My favorite though is the Berry Burst Cheerios.

carole
10-24-2006, 06:57 PM
So far we only have the plain ones, i guess they are going to see how popular they are here, Samantha Puppy, NZ does not necessarily get a lot of American products here, I am suprised to even see them in the store, we do get Oreo cookies, had them for a while, but generally I do not see many american products here, so it's not that we are late getting them, just we dont import much of them. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
I tried to find the recipe my mother used to make....this isn't exactly it, but close...

Cheerio Snack Mix
5 cups MultiGrain Cheerios®
1 cup pretzel sticks
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon light margarine
1 cup raisins
1 cup peanuts

Heat oven to 350°.
Stir together cereal and pretzels in large bowl.
Heat peanut butter and margarine to boiling in 1-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Pour over cereal and pretzels, stirring until evenly coated.
Spread in ungreased rectangular pan, 13×9x2 inches.
Bake 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in raisins and peanuts. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
16 Servings.

Hers didn't use peanut butter....

luvofallhorses
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Cheerios with sliced bananas are my favorite breakfast food.Even my
dogs love cheerios. :)

same here. I like the honey nut cheerios the most with sliced bananas. :) my dogs and cats LOVE cheerios! :D