PDA

View Full Version : Should I help White-drop?

Argranade
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
White drop is a pure black cat.....all except his tail, there he has a tiny drop of white on the tip of it.

I seen him by my shed this morning (he's a stray) probably looking for the sparrows I feed all the time... last time I chased him away was because he tryed to get my pigeon a LONG time ago and never came near me since lol.

Im scared for him on Haloween because people could try to hurt him even tho he has a tiny white spot on his tail. When I went near him calling him he just stared looking at me and meowing like he was hungrey, well he doe's look pretty thin to me but he is a rather cute feline I geuss lol.

Do you think I should try to grab him before haloween? he could at least stay in a large cage with free cat food till it passes.

Can cats smell cat food from far away?

Thanks.

critter crazy
10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Does he belong to someone?? or is he a stray cat?

Argranade
10-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Does he belong to someone?? or is he a stray cat?

Im alomst posative he's a stray, he always runs all over the place and tries to catch squirels & birds so if he's this hungry he must be a stray plus he's not very friendly...altho some time ago he let me rub his tummy and pured but he does not like to be picked up lol I got a scratch for that. :o

catmandu
10-24-2006, 02:32 PM
By All Means I Think You Should Help That Poor Stray Cat.
The Quality Of Mercy Is Not Strained.
It Falls As The Gentle Rain From Heaven
Blessing The One Who Recieves
And The One Who Gives.
Shakespheare.

Laura's Babies
10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Catch him! He does not need to be in anymore danger than he is already. Why not check with some of your local rescue groups and see if there is a TNR program where you can have him "fixed" while you have him captured? Then keep him as a outside kitty making sure he has a warm dry place for the winter and plenty of food...

Argranade
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Catch him! He does not need to be in anymore danger than he is already. Why not check with some of your local rescue groups and see if there is a TNR program where you can have him "fixed" while you have him captured? Then keep him as a outside kitty making sure he has a warm dry place for the winter and plenty of food...

Yes I would love to do that, I can't keep him in the house but I could let him stay in the shed...altho he might try to run away but im sure if I keep feeding him he'll stay hopefuly, he used to be realy friendly..untill I chased him away. :rolleyes:

A long time ago I found a mother and some kittens and I took one, it was ok with my parents but when we put the kitten outside on a box just for a minute the mother came back and grabed it lol..I was small so I started crying. :o

I miss having a cat in the house, we always used to have one.

Wish me luck on catching White-Drop.

Laura's Babies
10-24-2006, 06:58 PM
May you have all the luck!.. and if you keep food out for him and a warm dry place to lay, it is likely he will stay around.

Freedom
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Definitely the kind thing to do, Halloween aside. This boy sounds like he could use regular feedings and a warm snuggly place to sleep! Let us know when you get him!

Argranade
10-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Umm..any tips on how to catch him lol?,

What food would attract him? it seems when ever I shake a bush he'll focus on it then come closer..I have not seen him today cause he's realy scared, hopefuly some food will change that.

Sevaede
10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Try some wet food or lunchmeat. Try getting him used to you by spending more time outside getting him to come to you.

If he's just hiding under your porch or somewhere else slightly less than attainable (meaning, you can see him but can't reach him), then you can heat some milk or food up. Then, put it inside a crate and when he's in then shut the door and latch it. That's what I did with Lily except for she was stuck in the insides of a car.