PDA

View Full Version : I was in a car accident Sunday.

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I really wasn’t going to post about this but I have been having nightmares and can’t get it out of my head.

I was driving around a really sharp curve when my passengers’ coffee cup which was in the cup holder flew and went around my brake and accelerator (mind you I was not going very fast). I ended up freaking out and going right in the ditch, the ditch being very huge and you could hardly see my van buried in the ditch. I completely learned my lesson of how to handle that. I feel really blessed that no one got hurt except for a couple bruise. I’m happy to say that I put Zoey in her crate because I went shopping before that including really heavy products. Anyway probably a pointless thread but I feel much better.

trayi52
10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
Well, I'm glad you and Zoey are alright. That is the most important thing, isn't it? This is not a pointless thread. Happy you feel better now. Please be careful, we want to keep you in one piece!

Hugs,
Willie :)

Muddy4paws
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
its not pointless at all, Im glad you are ok sometimes its better to talk about things like this rather than going over it in your head again and again

Zippy
10-24-2006, 12:45 PM
This is not pointless.Thank God you and Zoey are ok.(((HUGS)))

Dorothy39
10-24-2006, 12:46 PM
No, That's not a pointless"thread"!!!!

We're soooo thank-ful that you're alright and that Zoey is too!!!!

I sure do hope that your nightmares subside~ Perhaps some "Sleepy Time Tea" at bedtime, or, keeping a scent of Lavender near your pillow ,will help calm your nerves at bedtime.

{{{{HUGS}}}}} To Both of You!!!!!!!

moosmom
10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Flatcoatluvr,

I'm glad you AND Zoey weren't hurt, that is what's most important. A car can be replaced. I hope the damage wasn't too bad.

Just remember, when you're involved in an accident, it can take up to 48 hours before you feel the effects from it. Take care of yourself and if you start feeling badly, please see a doctor or go to the ER to get checked out.

((((HUGS))))

Donna

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks everyone,

It's funny you mention that Donna, I woke up this mourning and I am having sevure back pain and having a difficulty standing up. I probally should call my mom and tell her.

Dorothy- I might have to just borrow some lavender from my grandma, does that help you get to sleep? I have always had a problem with getting to sleep, and now that I go to sleep I have nightmares of me all bloody and looking up like I was when I was in the ditch. It feels so real. I hope the dreams will end soon.

There was not much damage done, just some broken parts on the outside of the van, I am not sure about the bottom of the van.

Laura's Babies
10-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Not pointless at all.. You don't get into a accident every day... It is a MAJOR even in a persons life..

I am glad no one was hurt!

Anita Cholaine
10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
That's so scary, Bre! I'm glad nobody was hurt.
I know how awful it is not to be able to sleep at night... I really hope it will end soon, and you'll be able to sleep peacefully again.. (((((hugs)))))

moosmom
10-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Breanna,

I would at least go and have an x-ray to rule out any fractures, sprains, etc. You could have something as simple as a pulled muscle to something as serious as a ruptured disk. Don't take it lightly. ;)

I use Lavender on my sheets when I change them. It smells WONDERFUL!! Puts me right out. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Argranade
10-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Im so glad everything is ok and no one got hurt.

It's good you posted about it, it can reliefe stress. :)

Flatcoatluver
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Breanna,

I would at least go and have an x-ray to rule out any fractures, sprains, etc. You could have something as simple as a pulled muscle to something as serious as a ruptured disk. Don't take it lightly. ;)

My mom made a appointment. I hope it's nothing to seris, this friday I have to do a job shadow with our animal control for my class.

moosmom
10-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that it's nothing more than one big body bruise. ;)

ramanth
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Good thoughts for you when you go to the doctors!

I'm glad you and Zoey weren't seriously hurt. I remember my first car accident like it was yesterday.

dab_20
10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm so glad that you and Zoey were not seriously injured. Keep us updated on how the appointment goes. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

I know it can be easy to panic when your driving and that happens. When my dad was teaching me how to drive a dog started running and almost came in front of the car. I completely froze, good thing my dad was there!

Alysser
10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Bre, I'm glad to know you and Zoey are ok! :D ((hugs))

luvofallhorses
10-24-2006, 08:16 PM
this is NOT a pointless thread! we care about you! I am so glad you AND Zoey are okay! :)
(((HUGS)))

Husky15
10-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Firstly, this is not a pointless thread!

And secondly, I'm happy you and Zoey weren't hurt. Driving a car can be very dangerous, even when you're going the speedlimit and doing everything right. Some of the most experienced drivers in the world could get into an accident in the blink of an eye. And they're scary things. The reaction you had is probably the reaction many would have. Driving a car is like when someone throws something at you and says, "Think fast!" I'm just happy you all are okay.

I agree with Donna, hopefully it is just a big body bruise.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you and Zoey are ok! I hope your back feels better, too.

Flatcoatluver
10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I woke up this mourning and my back is feeling much better, It only hurts when I am sitting. Any ideas why?

Thanks for all your wonderful support and reply's.

lizbud
10-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, your wreck sounded scary. I'm glad you & Zoe were not seriously
hurt, or worse.When something out of the blue happens like that, it can
take awhile to get over it. Take care & I hope you are feeling completely
over it soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow, how scary! I'm so glad to hear that you, and Zoey are okay.

borzoimom
10-27-2006, 07:41 AM
I really wasn’t going to post about this but I have been having nightmares and can’t get it out of my head.

I was driving around a really sharp curve when my passengers’ coffee cup which was in the cup holder flew and went around my brake and accelerator (mind you I was not going very fast). I ended up freaking out and going right in the ditch, the ditch being very huge and you could hardly see my van buried in the ditch. I completely learned my lesson of how to handle that. I feel really blessed that no one got hurt except for a couple bruise. I’m happy to say that I put Zoey in her crate because I went shopping before that including really heavy products. Anyway probably a pointless thread but I feel much better.
Things happen so fast. I few years ago, I was leaving for work and it had started to sleet. Now I drive slow in the bad weather. Anyway- I came up on a ramp, when suddenly I was aware the vehicle was traveling faster than the road conditions. I went into a spin, I got out of the spin but my wheel smacked the curb hard- bending the front end. I came to a stop under the bridge, when I notice a cop car in back of me that had hit the wall. He got out of the car to find out if I was okay and I was shaking and crying. He said "where are you from?" ( I was in NJ at the time) and I said not thinking he meant locally " Virginia".. He laughed and said " I didnt think you were from NJ - you drive too well and did better than I did.."
I had dreams about wiping out on that ramp for months. I still get a little nervous on ramps and slowwwwwww down fully aware you have less space than you would on open road.. My husband makes fun of me in a silly way- but I dont care- no more wiping out on ramps for me!
Until recently I always crated my dogs in the car. Now I have a huge van but the interior has this rope system that would hold the dogs in sections. Part of the reason for not having crates is their height at the head, and I can see out better this way. I had an idiot pull out in front of me on a back road the other day, and as I tapped the brake, then proceeded on I realized just how well this strap rope system worked in keep them seperated without hitting a hard surface..