PDA

View Full Version : Fun recipes?

angelbow20
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Does anyone have any fun recipes my son and I can do? recipes to make for our dogs or healthy recipes for humans also? I make some snacks and stuff but i want to try some new things that i never heard of or tried yet before and i cant find any i like anywhere!

Laura's Babies
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
How about making marshmellows with your son. That is a fun, fun project and you (and him) will have a blast making them. You will need a good electric mixer on a stand like a kitchen aid... If you have that and are interested, let me know and I will post the recipe.

I made them at work one time and I was all alone in the galley and laughing my butt off at the mess and what a interesting fun thing they were to make. The engineer came in and asked me what was so funny before he saw what I was doing and when he saw and SMELLED it, he had to have the recipe to make it with his grandson. They really come out tasting exactly like the ones you buy in the store, but they are a heck of a mess due to the stickyness of the mix..... that is what is so much fun and so funny! I would even suggest you have him invite friends over to join in the fun..

(Marshmellows are one thing I have wondered all my life how they are made so when I found the recipe in the "Joy of Cooking" cookbook... I HAD to try it.

Note; they are a fat free treat but need a few days to dry..... IF you can wait that long... I couldn't :rolleyes: ...

angelbow20
10-23-2006, 09:30 PM
That actually sounds pretty fun to make i think we have a mixer somewhere. My mom always buy new appliances, haha i dont know if i could handle a bunch of 2 and 3 yr olds :o i think i would go crazy, well maybe like one other 3 yr old wouldnt be too back tho, i actually want to find recipes for different treats also becuase my sons babysitter loves making new crafts and things with the kids and doesnt have the internet or anything and i have troulbe finding good treats and crafts.

Laura's Babies
10-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I been searching on the web and found this wonderful picture recipe of how they are made for the ones who would normally be afraid to attempt making them.... This helps you to actually see if yours look like they are suppose to as they are being made...

WARNING.... It is a TON of FUN!
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article_2004.php?id=106

(Good Luck and let me know if you make them and how yours come out!!!!)