PDA

View Full Version : I saw a dog...(HELP)

zoomer
10-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone. I've been seeing the same dog lately. Its (sorry for calling him/her an it but I dont know what gender it is) a longer haired lab looking dog and I saw it laying at the school grounds when we were driving a few days ago and just today I saw it walking around at a place where houses were being built. No collar, no tags. Its really hot and not much water around. I wanted to pick it up but my mom would never... how do I convience my mom to pick the poor thing up? I dont think it has a home... in fact I'm almost POSITIVE it doesnt because it just walks around town and stuff... please help!

Husky15
10-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Last night on the way home from church I saw a Golden Retriever walking around the graveyard. It was dark and it had long fur (well it's a Golden, lol...) so I couldn't tell if it had a collar so I'm going to be keeping an eye around town. Why do I say this? Well because we both saw a dog and also I'd be in the same boat. My parents are the same way. They always say no more animals (funny how we end up getting more in time though :p). I think that maybe telling her all the information you got about it, like how it's wandering around and hasn't got a collar and saying maybe just picking it up and seeing if you can find an owner. She may just fall in love with it ;).

lwds
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Call AC and give them the dates, times, and locations of the dog when you see him/her or ask your mom to take it to AC.

I would rather see the dog in a shelter than roaming the streets if you aren't able to have another dog in the home (or if no one you know is able to either).

Muddy4paws
10-23-2006, 05:31 PM
maybe he belongs to a builder if he one a building site, It amazes me how many dogs you find your town must be very rough..! I'm counting that as at least 2 dogs now?? I thought you said your new area was free of loose dogs :confused: Keep it up and You'll be seeing more dogs than me and I work with them! I think the most obvious thing would be to report it.

zoomer
10-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks I'll be calling the AC next time I see it if I do

maybe he belongs to a builder if he one a building site, It amazes me how many dogs you find your town must be very rough..! I'm counting that as at least 2 dogs now?? I thought you said your new area was free of loose dogs :confused: Keep it up and You'll be seeing more dogs than me and I work with them! I think the most obvious thing would be to report it.
Well I thought it was. I didnt see loose dogs for a while...

Muddy4paws
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
It seems very strange to me. I've never once found a stray hanging around and you seem to find so many!

Corinna
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I can beleive it her new town was once a logging town that has lost most of that industryand has become a major retail center. ( I can't beleive when we drove through earlier this month. Man ha it changed since I had relitives there in Sultan) It's a place in change and people not willing to let it .
Hey Zoomer have you tried to talk to any one at the reformatory about working with the dog training program they have there? Just curious I was at one time going to work there with the program.

lwds
10-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Let us know if you hear/see any updates on the boy/girl. :)

zoomer
10-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't think it belongs to the workers besides it wasnt only the working place where I saw it.

I can beleive it her new town was once a logging town that has lost most of that industryand has become a major retail center. ( I can't beleive when we drove through earlier this month. Man ha it changed since I had relitives there in Sultan) It's a place in change and people not willing to let it .
Hey Zoomer have you tried to talk to any one at the reformatory about working with the dog training program they have there? Just curious I was at one time going to work there with the program.
Nope, have never talked to them.