PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Phoenix...

Russian Blue
10-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Just thought I would share a couple last pictures of Phoenix. I'm so glad her foster mom ended up adopting her - but I miss her so much. :(

Here she is watching tv with Rob. She would lay half her body on you and other half would end up on the couch. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix%202006/RobPhoenix.jpg

The last picture I took of this sweet girl before we sent her back to her foster mom at the end of September.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix%202006/PhoenixCouchFace.jpg

A very rare picture of Nakita and Phoenix together to show you a size comparison. They were almost the same size but Phoenix was only 4 months old in this picture and Nakita is 4 years old! Nakita, you need to gain some weight please...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Phoenix%202006/PhoenixNakSept16.jpg

Killearn Kitties
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Phoenix was such a little heartbreaker, and your pictures of her absolutely beautiful
Be happy, sweet little girl.

catfamily
10-23-2006, 12:35 PM
That is THEEE most Prettiest kitty I've seen.I just called my husband over and he usually looks and says ya,that's nice and walks away but this kitty he LOVED!He wouldn't leave the screen...kept saying WOW....look at those eyes. :D :)
I'm sure You both will miss her very much.She looks like she loves Rob in the first picture.

Barbara
10-23-2006, 12:44 PM
What a sweet sweet girl! The only good thing- she is a kitten and by now she will not miss you anymore and be as happy as a beloved kitten :)

How is Princess Nakita now?

Russian Blue
10-23-2006, 12:52 PM
What a sweet sweet girl! The only good thing- she is a kitten and by now she will not miss you anymore and be as happy as a beloved kitten :)

How is Princess Nakita now?

Not good. :( She was itching up a storm and throwing up so the vet placed her on Prednisone (possible food allergies and possible irritable bowl). Not the solution I wanted, scared of the side effects, but I didn't have a choice. We're trying a hypoallergenic diet but Nakita keeps turning her nose up at it. :rolleyes: We're on the third one right now - duck and rice and she eats a little bit of it (recommended serving is 1/2 cup and she might eat 1/4 cup). Prednisone usually has the side effect of increased appetite, but this isn't happening with Nakita.

I went out and purchased some Wysong duck (only meat, no additives) and she's eating a little of that along side the dry. We'll go back to the vet in 2 weeks to do a follow up. I just don't want her to lose any more weight...she's already down to 4.8 pounds and she doesn't have much left to lose.

And to top everything off...it looks like Nakita might be constipated now (not sure if that's drug related or food related). What else?

*sigh*

Laura's Babies
10-23-2006, 03:12 PM
She sure has a beautiful sweet face... so full of innocence...

catmandu
10-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Its Such A Shame That Nakita And Phoenix Did Not Work Out.
I Am Praying That Phoenix Will Find Her Furr Ever Home, And Her Place In The Sun.
We Are Praying That Nakita Is Doing Better.

Russian Blue
10-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I Am Praying That Phoenix Will Find Her Furr Ever Home, And Her Place In The Sun.

Gary, Phoenix did find her forever home. Her foster mom adopted her and will be keeping her at her place. :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2006, 02:16 AM
Thanks for sharing some more Phoenix pictures with us even though I'm sure it was hard for you to do. She sure is adorable.:) I hope that Nakita will feel better soon and start gaining some weight. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

Sonia59
10-24-2006, 05:46 AM
The beautiful pics are heartbreaking to see now that Phoenix is not at home anymore :( Poor Nakita, I hope she improves soon.

catfamily
10-24-2006, 06:32 AM
Phoenix will do very well.Don't you go worrying.She seems to LOVE people and that is a plus.So she'll get plenty of love back to her.Don't worry. :)

jazzcat
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
She sure has beautiful markings. I'm glad to hear her foster mom adopted her so you don't have to wonder or worry.

I'm sorry to hear Nakita hasn't improved yet. Poor little girl.

ramanth
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I know the feeling. :(

I'm happy Pheonix has a forEver home though and I pray that Nakita feels better soon. Our poor green eyed beauty.

*HUGS*

Cataholic
10-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Cass, you did the right thing for ALL concerned. I hope with Phoenix at her new home, Nakita's condition can stabilize. I am sure there are still stressors in the air. Praying you find the holistic mix that will serve Nakita best.

Johanna

orangemm
10-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I know you must miss Phoenix dearly, but you were the good meowmie and thought of your kitty first, not what you wanted.

I hope Nakita will calm down and start eating again; poor girl is very twiggy! Give her some scritches for me...........(gently, of course).