PDA

View Full Version : Application accepted - THEY'RE HERE!

kuhio98
10-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Bobcat and I have put in an application to adopt these 2 babies. They are siamese mix, brother and sister and are currently named Mork and Mindy. (I think that will have to change). They don't have to be adopted together, but that would be our wish. They are 10 weeks old. Mork is very busy and social, while Mindy is sweet and more reserved. (BTW ~ We're not sure which is which in the photo. What do you think?)

So, wish us luck. They have many applications for these 2. We should know in the next 2 weeks whether our application was successful. It may count against us that I'm away from home 2 weeks out of the month. But, Bobcat is retired so they will have plenty of companionship.

I'm sure Pepper will accept them relatively quickly. Halo will take a little longer. Cammie will basically ignore them, but she does have a maternal instinct.....

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed! I'm already in love. I can't wait to meet them. Hopefully, their personalities will "gel" with Halo, Cammie and Pepper.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Willow%20and%20Willy/024d43b6.jpg

K & L
10-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh wow I can see why you would want them. And I see no reason they will refuse you! :) I think Mindy's the short haired?

Laura's Babies
10-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Ooooooo~! They are adoreable, simply adorable! GOOD LUCK with that application... I would hope they would choose someone that keeps them together!

Bengalz
10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
All whiskers and claws crossed here - they are just gorgeous and I can't think of a better home than yours for them :D

OMG - I can hardly wait for the GOOD NEWS!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
AWWWWW!!!! They are just precious.:D I sure hope that you'll become their new meowmie. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Good luck!!!:D

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 11:11 PM
They are gorgeous! Good luck!!! ;)

Reachoutrescue
10-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Those kittens are so cute!! Good luck. I hope you get them. They will do well with you!! Keep us posted please.

shais_mom
10-22-2006, 11:21 PM
keep us posted!
they are beautiful!

Killearn Kitties
10-23-2006, 04:02 AM
Oh what absolutely beautiful babies! No wonder you have fallen in love!
We will keep our fingers and paws crossed for you!

orangemm
10-23-2006, 04:47 AM
Fingers and paws crossed for you!! They are beautiful!!!

Sonia59
10-23-2006, 05:08 AM
They are so cute! I hope you will be chosen, and that these two will become new PT members :D

CultureJunky
10-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Oooh Good Luck on getting them! They're adorable, I have my fingers crossed for you and them both :)

jenluckenbach
10-23-2006, 06:56 AM
WOW!! What brought this on?? Kitten fever? ;) snicker, snicker.

They are simply too adorable. Best of luck, but remember, there are thousands of others who need homes if these 2 go to another.

catfamily
10-23-2006, 06:58 AM
I hope you get them.They are absolutly gorgeous and it would be better for them to stay together. Mindy needs Mork because she's shy.I think Mindy's on the right.Am I right?

moosmom
10-23-2006, 07:07 AM
Wow!! They are simply stunning!!! And yes, those names have GOT to go!! It just doesn't suit them. I have a good feeling about your application. Fingers and paws crossed for you, guys!!! BTW, if you need a reference, you can use me. Good luck!

kuhio98
10-23-2006, 10:01 AM
WOW!! What brought this on?? It's all Ziggy Stardust's fault! Bob and I fell in love with her (for some reason we thought she was a he) :confused: but we were are so far away it just didn't make sense. So, that got us started thinking about babies for Pepper to play with. Cammie's only interest is sleeping and staying warm. Pepper wears Halo out (even though they are about the same age). Pepper is just a kitten at heart and she needs some playmates. She also is sad that neither Cammie nor Halo will headbutt her or let her headbutt them. And she wants to sleep in a kitten pile.

And you're right, if not these 2, there are many others needing good homes.

Zippy
10-23-2006, 10:04 AM
They are so cute.Hope you get them.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-23-2006, 10:21 AM
They are adorable! Good luck! :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
It's all Ziggy Stardust's fault! Bob and I fell in love with her (for some reason we thought she was a he) :confused: but we were are so far away it just didn't make sense.

Wow! I had no idea that you had fallen in love with her.:) I'm glad that it got you thinking about adopting some more kitties though. Good luck.:D

K & L
10-23-2006, 11:59 AM
It's all Ziggy Stardust's fault! Bob and I fell in love with her (for some reason we thought she was a he) :confused: but we were are so far away it just didn't make sense. So, that got us started thinking about babies for Pepper to play with. Cammie's only interest is sleeping and staying warm. Pepper wears Halo out (even though they are about the same age). Pepper is just a kitten at heart and she needs some playmates. She also is sad that neither Cammie nor Halo will headbutt her or let her headbutt them. And she wants to sleep in a kitten pile.

And you're right, if not these 2, there are many others needing good homes.

If for some reason this falls through...see my link on Gable & Garbo! :)

KitCat
10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
They are adorable! Good luck!

Husky_mom
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
OMG!!!......STUNNING Kitties!!!........ wishing you and us the best of luck, you so you can get them and us so we can see them often ;P

catmandu
10-23-2006, 04:27 PM
What A Wonderful Pair Of Absolutly Gorgeous Young Cats , And We Cant See Where You Would Be Refused .
They Will Be Love Bugs With You, And You Will Share Thier Love For Years To Come.
We Are Crossing Our Paws For You.

Soapets
10-23-2006, 07:20 PM
I think Mindy's on the left and Mork is on the right, but it is so difficult to know for sure! Let us know when you find out. They are both so absolutely adorable, and I can't wait to see more pictures of them. I'll be praying that your application for them is accpeted.

Deb

kuhio98
10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Got a call back today from Michelle and Sue. They interviewed me over the phone and we've made arrangements to meet them this weekend. If all goes well (everyone gets a good vibe), we can bring them home for the weekend and let them start getting acquainted with our 3.

They are now 12 weeks old and are living with their foster family -- many cats, 2 dogs, a couple of kids. So, they should be used to about anything. Our house may even be too quiet for them. ;) Michelle said that some kids were giving away the whole litter outside of Walmart. These are the last 2 to be adopted.

I expressed surprise that she was calling me back so quickly because they had several other families interested. We got put at the head of the line because we want to adopt them together, a few applicants want to declaw, and because they go to the same vet as we do. They called him and he gave us a glowing report!

Ooooooo, I'm getting so excited. I can't wait until the weekend!

jenluckenbach
10-23-2006, 07:45 PM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO...................Start thinking of new names. hee hee

I happen to think the male is the short hair. Did you find out??

Reachoutrescue
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Good luck!! Can't wait for the verdict!!

catnapper
10-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Woohoo!!! I just love that update! I'm excited for you!!! I know what you mean about a playmate for Pepper. Its become increasingly obvious that Pouncer needs a playmate that understands his playstyle -- Allen's too lazy to wrestle much anymore, Harry overpowers Pouncer, Abby is terrified of him, and Flutter has recently begun to play with him. Poor Pouncer just wants to play! I wish I could afford a 6th cat just so my boy could have someone to wrestle with the way he wants to play - he seems so sad about nobody playing with him.

K & L
10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I had NO doubts you'd be the ones! CONGRATULATIONS!!

kimlovescats
10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
How exciting!!! Can't wait for this weekend for you either!!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the wonderful update.:D I'm sure that everything will go well this weekend and that these people will love you to be the kittens new family. Good luck.:D

orangemm
10-24-2006, 02:58 AM
That's great!!! Can't wait to hear a report this weekend!!

Killearn Kitties
10-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Oh, I'm getting so excited too!!! I hope all goes well at the weekend. Apart from needing a good home, those babies need good names! :D

catfamily
10-24-2006, 06:19 AM
It's always best to keep littermates together.I'm so happy :)
I have 2 sets of littermate bunches and they run around the house and love each other so much.And their so comfortable knowing that they have their littermates to reley on in stressed times in the 20 years ahead :)

Randi
10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Wohoo, this sounds very promising - in fact I think they're yours! :D They're so cute, and I'm sure they'll fit in with the others.

Good luck!! :)

Laura's Babies
10-24-2006, 10:20 AM
OOOOOoooo! Have you got fresh batteries for the camera? We will want tons of pictures with their official PT introduction!!!! I can't wait!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting such a wonderful pair!!!

jazzcat
10-24-2006, 10:30 AM
That is a good update. I hope all goes well this weekend and I look forward to the update.

kuhio98
10-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I happen to think the male is the short hair. Did you find out??Jen ~ You know cats! The male is the short hair. I just talked to Sue again. She said his eyes are a gorgeous blue and he is a little devil. Full of energy and always getting into things. The female's eyes are a greenish gray. She is a little lady and much quieter and more of a lap kitty.

I pushed up the meeting to Friday at 3:00 (Alaska time). But Sue was unsure about letting us take them home for the weekend. She said she'd check with Michelle. (Since Michelle was the one who suggested it yesterday, I don't anticipate a problem.)

Thanks for being excited about this. Bobcat is starting to grumble about added responsibility, etc. ;) But, he's just making noise. He usually does that and then he goes out and adopts Halo and Pepper when I'm not even in town. :D I really think he loves kitties even more than I do.

catnapper
10-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I really think he loves kitties even more than I do.
Its those macho men who grumble who make the best cat daddies. Last night I flopped into bed and got yelled at for nearly flopping on Pouncer by the very same man who hated cats and didn't want any. :rolleyes:

By the way, I am SO EXCITED for you! I will live vicariously through you with these two adorable kittens!

kuhio98
10-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Update: The babies arrived around noon today. They are busy exploring the house. A little too nervous yet to take photos. Halo, Cammie and Pepper are not happy. :( Lots of hisses and growls. Halo is hiding under the bed. She's been there for about 4 hours. :( Pepper is sulking downstairs. :(

We're still working on names. We're 90% sure at this point, but that could change, so I'll wait to announce it.

Okay, I need advice. I haven't had a boy kitty is over 30 years. So, is it ~ uhh ~ normal that he is nursing on his sister? :eek: They are 3 months old. They are spayed/neutered. He's been nursing on her for about 10 minutes now. He is really pushing on her hard. They are both purring. She doesn't seem to mind. She's tried to get up a few times, and he holds her down and nurses some more. :confused:

So what do you think? Should I separate them? Wait for them to grow out of it? Find some sort of treatment program for wayward kitties? :p

K & L
10-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Update: The babies arrived around noon today. They are busy exploring the house. A little too nervous yet to take photos. Halo, Cammie and Pepper are not happy. :( Lots of hisses and growls. Halo is hiding under the bed. She's been there for about 4 hours. :( Pepper is sulking downstairs. :(

We're still working on names. We're 90% sure at this point, but that could change, so I'll wait to announce it.

Okay, I need advice. I haven't had a boy kitty is over 30 years. So, is it ~ uhh ~ normal that he is nursing on his sister? :eek: They are 3 months old. They are spayed/neutered. He's been nursing on her for about 10 minutes now. He is really pushing on her hard. They are both purring. She doesn't seem to mind. She's tried to get up a few times, and he holds her down and nurses some more. :confused:

So what do you think? Should I separate them? Wait for them to grow out of it? Find some sort of treatment program for wayward kitties? :p

Congratulations and I can't wait to hear the names.

We had boy kitties we were fostering that would suckle on each others "privates". They did outgrow this so I would wait before trying to seperate, especially since this may be a bit stressful on them anyway.

Can't wait for photos and updates.

Laura's Babies
10-28-2006, 10:40 PM
This sucking could be a comforting/security thing so I would let it be and see if he outgrows it. Kind of makes me wonder if maybe they were weaned to early too.... :confused:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR PICTURES......... But I will wait.

krazyaboutkatz
10-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Congrats on your 2 kittens!!!:D Thanks for the update. I'm so glad that the kittens are now home with you.:) I've never had any of my male or female cats trying to suckle on each other before so I can't help you. He's probably doing it because it makes him feel more secure or like Laura said he may have been weaned too early. Hopefully he'll outgrow it. I wouldn't separate them unless it's hurting his sister.

I'm sure it'll take a while for your other cats to accept the two kittens. Just be sure to give the big cats plenty of attention. At least the kittens have each other to play with so they won't have to be jumping on the big cats. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see some pictures of your two newest additions.:D

jenluckenbach
10-29-2006, 04:45 AM
Don't separate them. It is just a comfort reflex. (and girl kitties could do it too).
Can't wait for those photos! :D :D

jazzcat
10-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Glad to hear they are there with you. Your current three sound like my guys. I'm always jealous of those who introduce a new kitty with no issues.

I look forward to seeing pictures.

sandragonfly
10-29-2006, 10:35 AM
CAT-CONGRATULATIONS!!

I missed this at whole first time - glad it was bumped up.

I know how hard they can be on you, especially at beginning where they give some daredevils. ;) always remember it'll take time and double-attention for the older cats - those little kittens will be too busy having fun!

hope things would settle down very soon, again - congrats! they're so beautiful, lisa!

kuhio98
10-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure when they ended up at the rescue, (I'll ask Michelle) but it wouldn't surprise me if they were taken from their mom much too soon. The kitties made it through the night. We put them in the bathroom with their bed, food and litterbox. They did very well. No crying. Lots of exploring and used the litter box. This morning they are out exploring. Pepper is growing more interested in them. Halo and Cammie are still hissing and spitting.

We've chosen Willow and Willy for their names. Like I said, I haven't had a boy kitty in over 30 years. So, I have to keep reminding myself he is a boy. So, I started calling him Willy-Boy. The name Williwaw was already on our list (a strong mountain wind), but we shortened it to Willow.

Willow is much calmer than Willy and sat for a photo shoot. (Willy freaked out at the flash and ran under the bed. :( So, we'll wait for another day or so before trying that again. Here's Willow...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Willow%20and%20Willy/26285acc.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Willow%20and%20Willy/83047e68.jpg

catfamily
10-29-2006, 11:17 AM
My Gus suckled on his brother and 2 sisters.It's now getting less and less.

krazyaboutkatz
10-29-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm glad that they're doing well and at least Pepper is becoming interested in them.:) I love the names that you've picked out and Willow is gorgeous. Her coloring reminds me of pussywillows so this is a great name for her.:) I know how hard it is to take pictures of kittens and even though Pearl is 1 she still usually won't still long enough to have her's taken. Please continue to update us and pictures are a must too.:)

Killearn Kitties
10-29-2006, 02:28 PM
I hope everyone settles down soon. Willow is a gorgeous girl and it's so great that you got them! :D

critter crazy
10-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Willow is Gorgeous!! I love the Milk Mustache she is sporting!!! Got Milk???(yes I know it is fur, not milk!) he he he he h he he he!!

moosmom
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Kuhio,

What gorgeous kitties!! They sure look like they've settle in. I'm so glad you got them. They are right where they belong.

sirrahbed
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Oh Lisa - how exciting!!!! How fun for your family!

Those big girls will stop the hissing more than likely - may take days, weeks or more. I have absolutely had the "nursing" kitties and I would not try to separate them - it is just comfort for them. Dennis and I had an adult male that "nursed" a little male kitten and they never did outgrow it. Harvey (adult) would get irritated nipples sometimes but our vet just chuckled.

It will be fun to read your updates and to see pictures once the babies are more used to their new home. I am also VERY curious about names :)

edit: oh my - I did not read all through the thread...missed page 2... and now I see that they have names and there are pictures too!!! YAY!!!

rg_girlca
10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Cangratulations on your new additions to the family. :)

Gosh they are beautiful cats and those pictures of Willow are so lovely.
She is gorgeous.

Just from experience, wasn't it a little too soon to introduce them to your crew though or is this the way you wanted to go? Just wondering.

kimlovescats
10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, HOW EXCITING!!!! Willow is just beautiful, and looks quite relaxed on her new sofa! :D Can't wait to see Willy boy come out of hiding! ;)

prechrswife
10-29-2006, 03:50 PM
So adorable! Congratulations! :D

kuhio98
10-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Things are progressing well. Willy and Willow are still running around happy and healthy. I've lost count of how many kitten scratches I have. Willy still isn't too interested in a photo session. It's hard to photograph a moving target! Here's the best we've got so far...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Willow%20and%20Willy/e491c455.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/kuhio98/Willow%20and%20Willy/ecfa2fcc.jpg

We'll keep trying.

catlover4ever
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Congratulations on the new arrivals to your family. I love the names.

Willow's face looks like she has a milk moustache and Willy is just so very handsome.

Congrats again. :) :) :)

Logan
10-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Congratulations!! Willy and Willow are just precious and I'm so glad they are with you, Kuhio!!! :)

orangemm
10-31-2006, 03:08 PM
They are both GORGEOUS! I am in LOVE! :)

catfamily
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
So happy they got to stay together :) Lucky kittys to have someone as nice as you to keep them together.

Donnaj4962
10-31-2006, 03:39 PM
WOW! :eek: Willow and Willy are so adorable! I have fallen in love with kitties with markings like theirs, and the next kitty I adopt will be a (I think they are) snowshoe siamese! I love the looks on their cute widdle faces! So inquisitive! I am sure that the rest of the furfamily will warm up them soon.

Congratulations!

Laura's Babies
10-31-2006, 03:51 PM
That first picture looks like he is not at all impressed with PT....

That second one he looks downright annoyed with us... "WHYYOUGOTTAHAVEPICTURESOFME???.... It normally looks like "Why you gotta have pictures of me?" but he is annoyed.. LOL! :rolleyes:

He has those pretty blues!! He is adorable.

rosethecopycat
10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Things are progressing well. Willy and Willow are still running around happy and healthy. I've lost count of how many kitten scratches I have. Willy still isn't too interested in a photo session. It's hard to photograph a moving target! Here's the best we've got so far...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p950bb139d273f586ed2fb3b48a427fba/ec428b53.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p91c95bdd945657aca57e3f30784d2cbf/ec428ada.jpg

We'll keep trying.

Concatulations!

:D

Really, those are pretty good photos. I have shot over 70 photos of kittens and came up with virtually nothing usable.
So exhausting.

Enjoy your baby monkeys!

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm glad to hear that things are going well.:) Hopefully Willow isn't coming down with anything. Willy sure is adorable and I love his blue eyes.:) Please continue to keep us updated and please continue to post pictures of them too.:)

kuhio98
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Sorry I've been AWOL for a while. We had family visiting from Houston and were super busy. Willow and Willy continue to settle in. Hissing and spitting is down quite a bit. It's only been a little over a week so it will just take more time. Pepper has been sleeping in "their" bed. Whether it's to get used to their scent or cover it up.....

We have a vet appointment tomorrow to transfer the files from the rescue to us and for a checkup. Willow has a very wet, snotty sneeze. She is playing normally, though. I tried to get some more photos of Willy to show off his beauty, but he's either asleep or moving at 100 mph. Here are the best so far.

Getting ready to climb my clothes
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p8a89cdc9cfc55efa0452bc1d47395097/ec2557e5.jpg

Hold still!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p7a6165ea1efcd0698990383a060d69a5/ec25575d.jpg

I'm a lover, not a fighter.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/p9bf8a54c82f47d9c38a12cec68823bd3/ec255673.jpg

Here's Willow in the middle of grooming.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid218/pac55fbb26b09692485602b5ee9489cc1/ec2545b6.jpg

Edwina's Secretary
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
How did I miss this???? Welcome W's!!!!!!!

RedHedd
11-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the Wubble-U's :D Does Willow have green eyes? She's absolutely stunning! I love that pic of her with her little tongue sticking out. She's a beauty! Willy looks like trouble, beautiful trouble! :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Lisa, I was wondering how they were doing. I'm so glad that they're doing so well and I hope that Willow isn't getting sick. Good luck on their vet appointment tomorrow.:) I'm glad that you were able to take a few more pictures of Willy. He sure is handsome and little Willow is gorgeous. It will be so wonderful to be able to watch them grow up.:)

gini
11-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Oh, I am so glad that I came across this thread. I feel as though I have just finished a wonderful new book about Willy and Willow.

They are both just magnificent and your photos are terrific, even if you do keep apologizing :D

How much fun it is going to be to watch them both grow up!

Congratulations to the new Mom and Dad!!

kimlovescats
11-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Lisa, they are both so beautiful already! I can't imagine when they are full grown! :eek: I hope their vet visit goes well!

Kim

kuhio98
11-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Does Willow have green eyes? Yes. A beautiful mossy green. Willy has blue eyes but they turn greenish blue when he's "wilding" through the house.

They are both just magnificent and your photos are terrific, even if you do keep apologizingOkay, I'll stop apologizing. It's just that the photos don't do them justice. They are both gorgeous kitties.

Killearn Kitties
11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
It's just that the photos don't do them justice. They are both gorgeous kitties.
So when can we come and see them then, to judge for ourselves? ;)

sandragonfly
11-08-2006, 03:55 PM
wow, they grew out of fluffies! do I see willow 's furs longer than his brother?

so great they are getting along good - woregous W's! :D