PDA

View Full Version : emma and louise

toughCookie
06-06-2002, 12:37 PM
I took Emma and Louise to the vet yesterday, they are doing okay except they have gained too much weight too fast, Emma is now 8.6 pounds and Louise is 7 pounds, (muffin is also 7 pounds)

I have to stop the canned food, which I knew. so starting today I have to be heartless and not give it to them, and Louise is the one that cries for it all the time, even tho she is the skinny one:confused:
I try to ignore her, distract her with playing, or just put the dry food in front of her til she gets the idea... she is VERY vocal, she looks part siamese the vet said, I have also thought that, thin face, big eyes, and so talkative!!

I have also stopped taking Muffin outside, so she whines about that , tho is not too bad about it.

didnt mean to post so much, just wanted to post the update on them....then I get started and keep writing, seems so much to tell.

Sam's My Baby
06-06-2002, 02:09 PM
Maybe you could also try playing more games with them with a string or something to reduce their weight.:confused:

toughCookie
06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
yes I do need to play with them more, havent been lately, tho they still chase and play with each other, I will be playing with them more.:)

Heather Wallace
06-06-2002, 02:54 PM
I was told to cut out the canned food, instead I kept the canned food but bought the light version. The cats like that stuff just as much as the others.

wayne0214
06-06-2002, 08:20 PM
T C, I have the same reservations about Tiger. Since I found that she barfs up any dried food, I have been feeding her canned cat food. But now I'm having to re-think this decision because she is getting so large, over 8 lbs. and she is only 10 months old. Now, she is not fat or over weight, but it appears that she is getting that way. I have been trying to find something that she will eat without having to put canned food in it for an enticement. I believe that she will eat dry kitten chow, and Iams fur ball eating meds. She also demands some grass to eat practically every morning. Does anyone out there have any ideas about what to feed Tiger?

.........wayne

krazyaboutkatz
06-07-2002, 12:30 AM
Wayne, you could try to feed Tiger some lite canned food and mix in some dry food with it so you don't have to feed her so much wet food. When I was growing up we had a cat named Smokey who had a sensitive stomach and my Mom would mix his food like this and he had no problems after that. You could also try some of the dry foods that they make for sensitive stomachs. All cats will throw up occasionally and that is quite normal. Tough Cookie, you should start feeding your cats a lite formula dry cat food and limit the amount of food that you give them. I used to feed my cats wet food mixed with dry but now I only feed them dry food. Storm had to have his teeth cleaned and it's also better for them in the long run. Good luck.:)

yorkster
06-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Good luck Toughcookie- I had to ween my 2 cats off of canned food about 6 months ago :eek:
They used to get it once a day, so I started feeding it every other day, then every 3 days, and so on...............
They hated it at first, especailly Wylie. In fact, HE did not eat for a couple days when I quit it all together. :eek:
Now, I don't think either one of them even remember it :)

*** they do get tuna once a week or so for a treat.

toughCookie
06-07-2002, 02:16 AM
Yorkster-thankyou, good ideas!:)