PDA

View Full Version : Some VERY SAD NEWS!!!!! *UPDATE* Page 3

rg_girlca
10-22-2006, 01:40 PM
It is with great sadness and tears that I am writing this. I woke up this morning to 2 dead babies, the gray & white ones. We rushed mama and babies to the vets, yes thankfully my vet is open on Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and apparently Sweetpea is not producing any milk. It was hard for me to understand this as the babies seemed so content and were suckling off her about every 4 hours. The vet gave her a shot to help produce milk and gave me some KMR for the babies. Unfortunately he said the little calico one might not make it as it was very weak. We brought them home and fed them right away. They didn't take to the bottle so I had to use a syringe.
I am so heartbroken over this.

Prayers will be needed for them to survive and that Sweetpea will start producing milk in a few days.

Prairie Purrs
10-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm so sorry! I hope the little calico and the other two babies pull through.

Now we know for sure that if Sweetpea had given birth outdoors somewhere, none of the kittens would have survived. Three of them have a chance because you took her in.

K & L
10-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh Lorraine I'm so sorry. Just keep in mind it wasn't your fault. Like CatsnDenver said, if you hadn't taken her in no telling what the survival rate for them all would've been. You have done your best! Hopefully her milk will come in soon! Hugs to you!

kuhio98
10-22-2006, 02:00 PM
:( Hang in there widdle babies. You too Lorraine. :(

Catty1
10-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Oh, my heart just hurts for you....Poor Sweetpea...and poor you and babies...

Makes me mad at that Pierre person for just letting her wander and get pregnant so young.

HUGS HUGS HUGS...this is so sad.

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Oh Lorraine, I'm SO sorry!!!! :( How sad for you to have to deal with this after you were so happy that things went so well with delivery! :( These things happen, and you could NOT have known!!! I pray that the little Calico will manage to pull through and the other 2 babies will grow big and strong as well!

(((((((HUGS))))))))
Kim

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Aw, I am so sorry. I had just read about their birth a little while ago. At least they have a chance thanks to you!! I had to bottle feed Leonardo because his mom abandoned him when he was just about 10 days old. He never would take a bottle. I used a syringe until he could drink from a bowl. He just turned 16 in August.

I hope you don't mind but I posted a link from the birth thread to this one!

Lots of prayers flying for you, Sweetpea and the little ones!!!

catmandu
10-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Poor Sweetpea Was Too Young To Be A Mother, And Thats Why Her Milk Was Not Flowing.
I Wouldnt Have Known Any Better Lorraine.
We Are Praying For Those Babies To Pull Through.
The Two Gray And White Kittens Are Eternal Kitten Angels Now, And Will Be Your Kitten Angels.
One Fine Day.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Oh No!! that is such sad news. poor widdle sweetpea...lets hope that the shot the DR. gave her produces milk real soon.Thank goodness they are in your home were they are safe and not outdoors in this cold weather were certainly none would probably survive. :(
please keep us posted on the remaining babies progress

Cataholic
10-22-2006, 03:01 PM
So terribly sorry. Please let momma's milk come in, and the rest of the kitties survive. Hugs to you.

moosmom
10-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Lorraine,

Don't blame yourself. It's a freak of nature. You did the best you could for Sweetpea. Now concentrate on her babies. I know that with your help they will thrive.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna

QueenScoopalot
10-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Oh no! :( Did Sweetpea eat the placenta & all that nasty stuff that goes with birthing? That usually stimulates milk production by them eating it. Prayers being sent that the Dairy Queen opens soon.

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Lorraine, I'm so sorry to hear this sad update.:( I hope that the little calico kitten will be strong enough to make it and that the other 2 will continue to thrive too. I also hope that Sweetpea will start producing milk soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. (((HUGS)))

CultureJunky
10-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Jack & Sunny have their paws crossed that little sweepea's babies will pull through, and I hope that Sweetpea isn't too stressed by the situation herself.
I am sending prayers to her and her precious little babies.

phesina
10-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry. Prayers for the three remaining kittens and for Sweetpea and you too.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, Elmer

jenluckenbach
10-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Oh dear. :( :( :( How sad.

RIP little babies.

SweetPea, (and Lorraine) help those remaining little ones as best as you can. We know you are TRYING to be a good mom. We understand that you are VERY young. No one will be mad at you, we love you.

Many of us who have had newborns have experienced the pain of the loss of the innocent. :( We know your sorrow, and we share it.

Prayers for everyone.

catnapper
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry. I know you did everything you could for them - this was something nobody would have ever anticipated. ((((hugs))))

Laura's Babies
10-22-2006, 04:30 PM
As sad as this is, just remember that if you had not made her go "poof", he would have let all the kittens die and not worried a bit about it at all. At least with you, the rest have a chance now...

I had no idea that they had shots to make them produce milk, but then, I never thought about it either.

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad update. Poor Sweetpea and poor you.
I'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

rg_girlca
10-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Moff, thank you for posting the link in the other thread, that totally slipped my mind. I appreciate your thoughtfullness.

Jan, yes Sweetpea ate all the placenta's and the nasty stuff also.

I kind of blame myself, because my husband mentioned a few times that he didn't think that Sweetpea was producing any milk. I figured that once the babies were born and they started to suckle that it would start the milk flowing. Well, I was wrong on that one, wasn't I. :(

I just fed the three of them again and the widdle calico seems to be the same, no worse. But we all know that could change at any time.
They weigh 4 ozs so they are to get a teaspoon of KMR, but I put 1 1/2 tsps in as most of it lands up on them instead of in them. I just pray that they are getting enough for now until Sweetpea's milk starts to produce. Gosh it can't come soon enough for me. I just feel numb.

Thank you again for your prayers.

Freedom
10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh dear, I am so sorry. I didn't even know that could happen. You are doing the right thing, God help you help these little ones along!

Vermontcat
10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Sending more prayers for Sweetpea and her 3 little ones.
I'm sorry to hear that two of the kittens didn't make it. :(
Hugs to you, I know you are doing all that you can.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Try to remember the little ones may have had something else wrong with them than just no milk from mama. Sometimes they just don't thrive no matter what is done for them. All you can do is try!

Prayers will continue for you and Sweetpea and the babies.

Karen
10-22-2006, 06:28 PM
That any of her babies and Sweetpea herself are still alive is a testament to your love and care. You will be in our prayers, all of you.

jazzcat
10-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Lorraine, I'm so sorry. Lots of ((((HUGS)))).

Catty1
10-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Lorraine - you and Sweetpea are in everyone's thoughts and prayers - we are still rooting for you and the fur family!

HUGS!

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Lorraine, I should have said this is my PM to you ....... but usually the babies' suckling and the paw kneading DOES help stimulate the mommy's milk ... but for whatever reason, Sweetpea's little body just didn't produce like it should have. Maybe just her young age .. but hopefully whatever the vet gave her will change that soon!

Hugs,
Kim

rg_girlca
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Thank you Kim, I will check it out and let you know.

We lost the widdle calico tonight. :(

Rest in Peace sweet babies. I'm sorry.

Laura's Babies
10-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Awww! Not another one.... :(

Bengalz
10-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Lorraine,

Please don't blame yourself - if you hadn't taken Sweetpea in, I dread the thought of what may have happened to her and her kittens. Keep doing what you're doing and know that everyone holds prayers for the two remaining little ones.

Hugs, Betty

K & L
10-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry. RIP little ones!

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh, I am so sorry about the little calico too, Lorraine!!! :( You've done everything you could do! Just being there for little Sweetpea as she goes through this, means so much! God willing the remaining two will hold on and get through this!

Hugs,
Kim

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Lorraine.:( RIP sweetie.:( I hope that the other 2 kittens will continue to do well in your care. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. (((HUGS)))

Soapets
10-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Major LES here tonight!!! I am praying hard that the two remaining babies survive! I can't imagine the emotional pain you must be experiencing. My heart STILL aches for little Pebbles, who died about a year ago when I was fostering her. Just know that we don't blame you at all. They wouldn't have had a chance if you hadn't taken in little Sweetpea, and she IS just a baby herself yet. Does SHE seem to know or sense or feel that three of her precious little ones are no longer with her? I sure hope her milk starts coming soon, so that the two little ones who are left can have a better chance.....

<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>

Deb

trayi52
10-22-2006, 11:07 PM
So sorry to hear this. I will keep the rest of Sweet Pea's babies in my prayers.

Willie :(

Catty1
10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Play with your siblings, little calico, at the Bridge. RIP.

Reachoutrescue
10-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Oh, Lorraine, I am so so sorry to hear of your loss. I know too well the pain you feel, but please do not blame yourself. You are doing the best you can. You and the kits will be in our prayers. Please keep us posted. (((HUGS))) to you, Sweetpea, and the babies.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-23-2006, 04:12 AM
OMG, what sad news...... ! Please, don't blame yourself Lorraine, you did and are doing everything possible for Sweetpea and her babies!! Let's pray that she starts producing milk asap now ;)

orangemm
10-23-2006, 04:39 AM
How very sad for you and SweetPea. I had no idea this could happen. I guess, like you, if you saw the babies suckling you would figure there is something to be had. I'm thankful you got her to the vet quickly.

Lots of prayers for SweetPea, her two babies, and you.

And, ((((hugs)))), too.

Hang in there babies and SweetPea!

jenluckenbach
10-23-2006, 06:45 AM
I am so sorry you lost the calico baby. :(

catfamily
10-23-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm just reading this and am VERY sorry for your loss.I know you must be very upset.Hugs and prayers to you and the others.It's so heartbreaking when these things happen and it's noone's fault. :(

AbbyMom
10-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Prayers and cyber-hugs on the way that Sweetpea and the remaining babies grow up healthy.

Russian Blue
10-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm so sorry for the losses. :( Often nature is not kind even when you try everything.

Sending hugs to you to help you through this.

kittycats_delight
10-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Lorraine I want you to know I have been following Sweetpea's threads and have not replied as it is so hard from a cellphone. my thoughts and prayers are with you, sweetpea and the babies. (((((hugs from italy))))) michelle & the girls

Donnaj4962
10-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh my... I am so sorry to hear of the losses of the widdle ones. But everyone knows that you and Sweet Pea are doing the best that you can for all of her babies. I know that the losses were hard on you....but you had no idea Sweet Pea wasn't producing any milk. RIP little ones, and may you look down on your fursibs and help them and your mama to survive.

God bless you Lorraine for all that you have done for Sweet Pea and her babies.

phesina
10-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I am so very very sorry.

Hugs,
Pat

Glacier
10-23-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm so sorry for the losses. Sending prayers for the two survivors.