PDA

View Full Version : update on Abby *update* see below post*

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-22-2006, 10:14 AM
She seems to be doing ok. She is just starting to eat a little bit,and drink very little water. I am concerned about the water ,so I have been giving her some with a medicine dropper so she doesnt get dehydrated.
Buddy has finally stopped hissing and growling at her...thank goodness. I supposed her different scent really frightened him .they actually are back to eating together :)
Now here is were I am truely concerned...she still has a bit of blood in her urine, because she has a small drip on the floor after she has used the litterbox. I understand that her bladder probably has some still in it after being cut open, but when should it be (urine) blood free?? If I still notice it tomorrow, I am definately calling her vet office to see what they think about it.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-22-2006, 10:46 AM
It is great to hear that Abby is on the mend! It was normal that Buddy was hissing at her; Abby brought home the "VET-SCENT" :eek:

I would call my vet too tomorrow if you still see blood!

Laura's Babies
10-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I am sure it will take awhile for all the blood to empty out but I would still call the vet to make sure.

Abby, hang in there girl and you will be back to normal before you know it.

catmandu
10-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Abby, We Found Cats Are All Praying That You Will Feel Better Real Soon.
All Of Us Have Gone To The White Coats And We Know Its No Fun.
But We Know That You Will Feel A Lot Better, Very Soon.
A Big Meeooww From Us All.

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Glad to hear that Abby is doing well! Just keep an eye that the blood doesn't get any worse! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the update.:) I'm glad to hear that she's doing well and I'd also call the vet about blood being in her urine. I hope she feels better soon.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-22-2006, 05:04 PM
After she used the litter box last time, I got a paper towel and dabbed her little behind area and it didnt look bad at all, mostly clear :) thank goodness. But, I am still watching her like a hawk, as is my husband too, after all, she is his "favorite girl" , but that is ok with me :)
she drank a bit of fresh water today and was nibbling on her food as well as some kitty treats. and she was back to begging me for some green leaf lettuce that she so dearly loves......I know that it is a bit weird, but she does love her lettuce :eek:

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Never heard of a cat loving her lettuce before! :D
I haven't had a cat go through this type of surgery, so I don't know what is normal, but I'm wishing you and Abby all the best. The girls are still sending all their positive vibes! :D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-22-2006, 05:52 PM
these are older pictures , but it does show how she loves her lettuce greens :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/pb99e6fa29ab7fd6b95abc60fac0fb81f/f565bde7.jpg

(here she is sitting up for her lettuce)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p95e4a377253250e71d270d4bc4f6471b/f565c45a.jpg

Buddy will sniff it, but he wont eat it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid155/p411aaeb95547d973ad48b38ab08ad12b/f565c715.jpg

silly girl :)