PDA

View Full Version : Apology...

moosmom
10-22-2006, 08:04 AM
for my post in this thread. I was going to post it in the same thread, but wanted to make sure everyone who was offended saw it, and it didn't get buried in the thread.

Please know that I love ALL animals. As a matter of fact, I am a reformed cat hater. I grew up with dogs.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115039

*hangs head in shame* I am so sorry for upsetting anyone by my post. It wasn't the dogs fault. It was the fault of the stupid irresponsible pet owners AND the vet who killed the kitties. I've edited my original post and hope you'll forgive me.

Can I blame it on my meds? No? Okay, please accept my sincere apologies.

Can I come out of the DOG house now PLEEEEEASE??? (pun intended) :p ;)

chocolatepuppy
10-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Donna, come on out of the 'doghouse' :p I'm sure you were very upset when you posted that. Of course it was not the dogs fault, it was the owner, who obviously did not love her cats. :( I edited my post in that thread. ;)
We recently adopted a puppy instead of rescuing an older dog because we felt it was safer for our cats. If a new dog went after my cats, it would have to go back or be rehomed, because they were here first. We just felt safer with raising the puppy with the cats. :)

Kfamr
10-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Well, it sure doesn't suprise me, but I do thank you for apologizing this time.

moosmom
10-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Kayann,

Let me get this straight, you accept my apology but you're not surprized. Please, don't do me any favors.

buttercup132
10-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Kayann,

Let me get this straight, you accept my apology but you're not surprized. Please, don't do me any favors.You say your sorry for being rude etc yet your turn around and be rude again to someone??

Kfamr
10-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Kayann,

Let me get this straight, you accept my apology but you're not surprized. Please, don't do me any favors.

Yes Donna, it does not surprise me that you have said something so offensive.

This is the first time, that I recall, that you have apologized for saying something nasty - which is a good step! So, I thanked you for that.

moosmom
10-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Buttercup,

Little girl, you are on my ignore list, so don't even bother.

Kayann,

Thanks. I appreciate that.

sasvermont
10-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Let's be nice! :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Donna, I did see your post in the initial thread, and I was impressed with how quick you were to apologize and attempt to set things right. We appreciate that. :) Of course the whole situation is upsetting, and I believe someone will eventually try to set this young preson straight (or put her on a do not adopt to list).

luvofallhorses
10-22-2006, 11:45 AM
I accept your apology. :)

jenluckenbach
10-22-2006, 11:55 AM
First of all Donna, I never saw anything wrong with your post (and kfamr, I suppose THAT doesn't surprize you either. :rolleyes: )

We all say things in the heat of the moment that might come out sounding wrong. Heck, I do it every hour of my life! :p

So don't feel like you need to apoplogize for being who you are....Lord knows I never do! :o

OK, now you can all start condeming me for my opinions.

caseysmom
10-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I didn't really see anything wrong, of course one would feel anger or be annoyed with the dogs. Heck when casey goes off on bubba I get mad at her...I didn't see any big deal.

Alysser
10-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I didn't see the thread or the "offensive" post, and I don't know what it said. But thank you for apologizing. It must have been hard to do so, and you should be proud you did. :)

Kfamr
10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
(and kfamr, I suppose THAT doesn't surprize you either. :rolleyes: )[/I]

I don't believe I've ever said anything to you so I am unsure as to why you feel the need to roll your eyes at me or even say anything to me in this thread.

As for me not being surprised at your comment, I'm not sure it even phased me until I read my name being mentioned.

Muddy4paws
10-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Can I just say. this is a public message board people will have their own opinions based on their own lifes and it sounds to me like an angry rant at the time.

You wont always like what people have to say but at least Moosmom is openly saying sorry she cant do much more than that so I dont see why people are still arguing about it :confused:

I cant really see what all the fuss is about really, I mean its just words after all, people says things differently when they are angry and it doesnt always come out the way they are meant to.

catnapper
10-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Donna, I know this came from the heart, just as I know your response in my other thread came from the heart. You have this awful disease where the symptoms are wearing your heart on your sleeve, and opening mouth and inserting foot ;) Its chronic but not deadly :D

wolfsoul
10-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Donna,

I imagine you just didn't think about what you said before posting --- I know you probably didn't mean it at all. I do it all the time, say or write something without even thinking, and it's terribly embarassing afterwards. Good for you for apologizing.

Pam
10-23-2006, 07:04 AM
It's interesting to me that those who have trouble with Donna's apology often are argumentative themselves in other threads. :rolleyes: At least Donna is "big enough" to try and set things right. Donna, don't worry about it. We all have "off" days.

moosmom
10-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Pam,

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad someone else noticed it and brought it up. Brave girl!! ;)

Kim,

ROFLMAO!

Thanks for standing by me, guys. You KNOW who you all are and you're the best!

Daisy and Delilah
10-23-2006, 07:13 AM
It's interesting to me that those who have trouble with Donna's apology often are argumentative themselves in other threads. :rolleyes: At least Donna is "big enough" to try and set things right. Donna, don't worry about it. We all have "off" days.

Well said Pam. I was thinking the exact same thing myself. Kudos to you Donna. What day in my life have I not said something without meaning it? Has anybody ever done this? Perhaps this will set a precedence for others on this board to learn the fine art of apology and practicing more tactful responses:)

Pawsitive Thinking
10-23-2006, 08:06 AM
For crying out loud why does everything have to turn into a fight lately??? Can you people not just live and let live..........the world is a crummy enough place already

JenBKR
10-23-2006, 12:08 PM

I thought the exact same thing. Donna, don't even worry about it. I think maybe you have the same disease I have - 'Foot in Mouth Disease.'

I think what some people have to remember is that things don't always come across the way they are meant on the computer. Let's all try giving other people the benefit of the doubt before jumping down their throats (myself included!).

kimlovescats
10-23-2006, 12:37 PM

EXACTLY!!!! ;)

moosmom
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
JenBKR,

'Foot in Mouth Disease.'

I wonder if there's a vaccine for that?? ;):p

JenBKR
10-23-2006, 01:09 PM
JenBKR,

I wonder if there's a vaccine for that?? ;):p

haha I'm still looking ;)

trayi52
10-23-2006, 01:12 PM
I accept your apology, Donna. For Gods sake, we all make mistakes.

Willie :)

finn's mom
10-23-2006, 01:14 PM
I personally am not offended by the comment , but, I can see how it could have been offensive. I accept your apology, holding grudges takes too much energy. ;) I will say that I think many people should practice a little grace when speaking to eachother. It's part of why I don't read as much as I used to in here. I think it was a good thing that you apologized, though. :)

Jadapit
10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
All of us in this life have said something we didn't mean God knows I have.
I think everyone should be able to accept your apology! :)

Kfamr
10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
I will apologize for not agreeing with Donna's behavior and if you all think I have been argumentive lately. I don't recall me being so lately, as I haven't even had time with my job, school, and my dogs, friends, and family. My life has changed a lot, for the better, and I have not felt argumentive in the least bit lately.

I accepted her apology and thanked her for doing so - which got rude remarks, but oh well.

kuhio98
10-23-2006, 02:14 PM
It's interesting to me that those who have trouble with Donna's apology often are argumentative themselves in other threads. Yes, and they can never JUST LET IT GO.

caseysmom
10-23-2006, 02:15 PM
Kay, You know you have a special place in my heart, I am not sure why but maybe because you are so mature and outspoken when it comes to how you feel about animals and their rights.

I think you and Donna both have strong personalities, I see nothing wrong with that, sometimes people clash. We just need to move on. I admire Donna for the same things with her animals.

dukedogsmom
10-23-2006, 02:26 PM
I personally am not offended by the comment , but, I can see how it could have been offensive. I accept your apology, holding grudges takes too much energy. ;) I will say that I think many people should practice a little grace when speaking to eachother. It's part of why I don't read as much as I used to in here. I think it was a good thing that you apologized, though. :)
Same reason I haven't been around as much, also. Way too much drama.

Pam: Very well put. I agree.

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I honestly don't know what went on in the other thread, and I don't want to know. I don't know if I am the only one on pt, but I try and get away from the drama outside of pt, pt is great because I can share my interest with other people.

I am sorry that their has been so many arguments lately and I really hope I am not apart of it. But lets just put things behind us. Yes, there have been people on here that offend me, but if it really bothers you so much lets take it up through pm's, that is one of the points their is such thing as pm's.

moosmom
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I guess Kayann and I agree to disagree, right Kfamr? ;)

Finn's mom is right, holding grudges takes too much energy. Holding a grudge is like renting space in my head to my ex-husband!! That ain't gonna happen.

Husky15
10-23-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't believe I have read the thread that you put the URL to, but I did and I wasn't offended. We all say things in the heat of the moment and you realized that it's not the dog's fault and plus - you publicly apologized. There's nothing really to forgive over here :).

Marigold2
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
People are very complex. There are many things that happen to a person on their road in life to form opinions.
One never knows what pain is in a person's life now or in the past. Lets be kind to one another. We might not always agree but lets always try and forgive and explore the other person's opinion. We might learn something new or learn to think differently about a subject. The world is not flat and sometimes there is more then one right way and more then one wrong. We all love pets and we all are trying to do our very best for them. Lets remember that.

caseysmom
01-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Not sure why you bumped this up after 3 months????

borzoimom
01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Not sure why you bumped this up after 3 months????
I am not sure why either, but I look at the dates- and realize- this is the pt I came into- almost left because of these types of arguements.. ( obviously I stayed..)
Sometimes our compassion for pets, turns into anger- and not totally sure- but I think this is what happened with this situation. ..