PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Please Help!!! *sad update pg 3*

kt_luvs_kitties
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
I never ask for much, but this time I need urgent help. I was on my way to dinner tonight, and I saw a kitten/cat on the side of the road. I thought he had been hit by a car because his head was to the ground, and he was falling over. (I mean this cat was literally ON THE ROAD). He has his mouth open, eyes completely glued shut, he is just sick. Blood everywhere. Anyways, I rushed him over to my mothers house to get a better look at him. After an exam with a very scared and sick kitty, I realized he did not get hit by a car. He has the worst URI I have ever seen (and I have seen literally thousands). I have cleaned his eyes, but he is so bad off.
I called the emergency vet, and they said they would just put him to sleep. Which I think this cat MAY have a chance if I can see my regular vet tomorrow. I have to call his house and see if he will make an emergency call to meet me tomorrow morning. Problem is, I am straped for money. I dont work and my husband said that since I spent so much last week, that he does not have alot to put on this cat.We will overdraw out account. And I know this is going to be pricey. I dont know what to do. I dont want to put him down, knowing that he MIGHT make it. Please help me. Prayers if that is all you can offer. Thank you for listening to me. I will post pictures after the verdict in the morning after the vets. I just hope I dont have to put him down.

Please pray for this poor kitten. He is so young, and scared and hurt :(

Karen
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Do let us know what the vet says. Hey, and even if it comes to the worst, at least right now, the kitten knows love.

kuhio98
10-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I've sent you a PM. If your vet thinks he has a shot, I can send a donation to your vet for your account. Hopefully, it will be enough to get treatment started.

Are you looking for work? After you get a little next egg set aside for "emergencies", you should have some left over to kitty rescue work. :)

kt_luvs_kitties
10-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Thank you both for the comments. I am so upset over this. I swear it kills me everytime this happens. I cant even think straight.
He (or she) is so scared and so sick, he is petrified of me. I have several cuts on my arms, he tried to escape the transfer from carrier to cage. *thank god I had a carrier in my backseat)
I would love to work, but I start college soon and it is full time, so I am not sure with my schedule if I can or cant work yet. I will have to see. I could always just find a few hours a night job at the least. I talked to my husband, and he said we can put some towards his treatment, but I think that this cat has pnemonia, and I know he will need alot of meds and care to get better. (not to mention hospitalization for a few weeks) I just hope he does not have to be put down. You can smell infection, and I just feel awful.
And would you believe that about 10 cars were in front of me? Just went right over him and kept going. Not a care in the world :mad: :mad: :mad:
Makes me sick to think if I would not have found him. He would have gotten hit, or found his way out of the road, and then died because it is so cold right now. :(

Catty1
10-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Poor baby - and too bad he is so scared. All you can do is talk gently to him. Will he take some warm milk?

I hope the vet will give him a chance...and make payment arrangements for you too.

I can give a bit, if you PM me the vet's name.

Have you got a heating pad you can put under the carrier?

Not great that he has scratched you...but at least that shows he is feisty!

As Karen says - if the worst thing happens, at least he was warm and cared for.

But I have a feeling...major PT prayers can do a lot. Prayers flying to the little guy now!

Reachoutrescue
10-22-2006, 03:21 AM
Oh, Katie, you are a saint for saving him. I will call you tomorrow and discuss how I may be able to help. I am sorry I was not able to be here for you. I worked til 2:30 am. I will call you and we'll talk. (((HUGS))) Lots of them.

jenluckenbach
10-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Kitty will be in my prayers.

catmandu
10-22-2006, 08:50 AM
We Are Praying That That Poor Cat Can Make It, And That You Will Have A Friend For Life.
We Pray That Your Vet Will Give You A Break, As He Is A Rescue.
Prayers For That Poor Stray From The Found Cats.
The Porch Angels Are With Him, To Calm Him And Comfort Him.

critters
10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
You might try the Emergency FUnd at Cats in Crisis. http://www.catsincrisis.org/ I'm glad you got the poor baby in!!

Anikaca77
10-22-2006, 09:45 AM
thank you so much for stopping and picking this kitten up...my prays are with you.

jenluckenbach
10-22-2006, 11:49 AM
or www.imom.org

Lizzie
10-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Katie just called me from the road, on her way to her mother's house to pick up the kitten and take it to the one place that would offer her help. She called everyone she could think of today but the only vet who would see him was going to charge $165 simply for the appointment and Katie didn't have that kind of money. He wouldn't take a post-dated check. She's now taking him to a shelter where they have promised to have a vet look at the kitten today.

The kitten is about 6 months old and, even when Katie cleaned his eyes, cannot open them so is essentially blind - and may be permanently blind even if he survives his URI. He is also feral so is terrified by any touch or sound. He can only breathe through his mouth and has pus running down from his nose all the time. If the vet believes that he cannot be pulled through the URI, then Katie knows he needs to be euthanized.

However, Katie hopes, and I know all of us are hoping that he can be saved. She needs encouragement, strong thoughts, and donations since the shelter is willing to help with medical care but can't cover the kind of help this kitten needs. Thanks to Lisa and others who have offered help since I think Katie would find the situation hopeless without such support.

Come on "kitten found in the road", pull through this and become a PT cat.

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 04:19 PM
:( This poor baby sounds so terribly sick ... it just breaks my heart! :(
It will be very hard to get a good blood sample from him, but he should probably be combo tested for Leukemia and Aids. Being so dehydrated though, it might be impossible to get the sample they need. I hope a vet can get to him / her quickly and get it some fluids!!! If it doesn't look very hopeful then I hope the vet will kindly put it out of its misery. The poor thing has to be suffering terribly!!!! :( :( :( I'm wondering where all the blood came from that Katie spoke of???? Unless it is coming from his infected eyes and nose? :(

God bless this innocent baby kitty!!! Thank you Katie, for giving him / her a chance!!!

Kim

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that this kitten is so sick.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his/her way. Please continue to keep us updated.

Lizzie
10-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Katie and her mom, and the kitten, have just left the shelter and are trying to find their way home, though lost down dark and winding roads at present. The kitten (he/she is tabby and white) has been flea-treated, wormed, received fluids and nutrical. Katie has to give her fluids every 6 hours and pedialyte. The kitten's gums are almost white so the concern is that she is FeLV+, but hopefully she only has very bad flea anemia. Katie will take her to the emergency vet tomorrow where she will be tested, and either euthanized if she has leukemia or treated if she does not. The blood is coming from her nose because it is raw inside. I remember my Cattulus going through that during his URI and how worried both my vet and I were about him; it looks frightening.

Katie hopes to post later although it will take her over an hour to get home. She will also post a photo if she can.

Let's all hope that this kitten's blind wandering onto the road during her suffering was the beginning of a better life.

kuhio98
10-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the update. Many, many prayers for this little one. Katie, bless you for helping this baby. If he can't helped, at least he won't die a painful death all alone.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-22-2006, 07:21 PM
I think that Lizzie pretty much covered it all. They think he is feline leukimia positive. I really pray he is not. He will get fluids again at 12:00am, pedilyte, goats milk and sugar, since his blood sugar is down. PLEASE continue prayers for kitty, which if it pulls through, will be named Chance.
I am going to the emergency vet in the morning to get a combo test and meds. If he is positive, he will not make it through this anyways, and if he is negative then I will continue to work with him. I will have to foster him, but only after his hospitalization.
The shelter owner said that I will have to help pay these bills, but atleast I will have some time to get the money together. It could cost upwards of $500. But all of that will be determined in the morning. I will let you know if negative or not. Then we can make donations to the animal hospital that will be helping with this. Thank you all so much, for the prays and offers. I just hope this will all get better. *HUGS* Katie and stray kitty

Catty1
10-22-2006, 08:00 PM
PLEASE do keep us posted!

kt_luvs_kitties
10-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Ok. Poor Chance he IS A MALE!! He still will not eat. I got him goats milk, pedilyte, chicken baby food, can cat food, still giving IV fluids, and tons of nice clean blankets. I am putting sugar with the pedilyte and goats milk, trying to get his blood sugar up. He is so hard to handle, he DOES NOT want to drink. I hate to make him, but I have too.
These pictures are from about 2 hours ago, right after I cleaned out his eyes nose and mouth. He is perking up after his fluids. Poor boy has already had close to 6 units :eek: He keeps pooing, peeing and throwing up everywhere. My poor sick stray boy :( Please keep up the prayers for us. I really feel bad for him. Thank god this time when I cleaned out his eyes, they are staying open. *I hope they dont shut again* But I think that the medicines the shelter and I gave him are working. He seems alittle better now.

Here are a few pictures, so you can meet him.

*OUR CHANCE*
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pc13dd4fd87f0e3bfff62805134d36e9c/ec6548d9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pce44fcbc87ed2f0dfb1fa7053a4ea52d/ec6547c4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p81dcd9dbba8190b65df3dc64b2efaac6/ec6546eb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p10a12bc718f7eb6f88c85d47a871df0a/ec6545c9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/p4a91bce3008a6a706a7ef1045caac1d4/ec654527.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Poor Chance.:( I hope he'll continue to thrive in your care and that he'll receive good blood test results tomorrow. Lots more prayers are being sent his way.

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Are you giving IV fluids or Subcutaneous fluids? :confused: Surely you meant subcue, as IV would be very difficult. ;) Poor little guy looks miserable, and I'm sure he is! :( I hope he tests negative for Leukemia and Aids! Good luck Katie!

Kim

Soapets
10-22-2006, 11:06 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Nebraska..............

COME ON CHANCE, YOU CAN DO IT! FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!

Deb

Catty1
10-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Come on, baby boy! You can do it! Your meowmie there loves you...just wait and you will feel it!

Katie, it's good that he is a LITTLE better...I hope the meds will allow him to keep some food down.

I am sure as he feels better, his mood will improve. And now that he can see...he won't startle quite as easily.

He is SO handsome.

I am praying like mad that this little guy tests negative!

HUGS and prayers for little Chance!

Reachoutrescue
10-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Oh, Katie. That poor kit. He is very cute, and at least he is in good hands with you and Ricky and your mom. God bless you both. Get better Chance. We are rooting for you. Katie, if you need anything, you know my number. (((HUGS))) to you and Chance.

krazykitties
10-22-2006, 11:14 PM
prayers for little Chance to make it!!
the date on the pic, is that a mistake in the camera?

kt_luvs_kitties
10-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes I did mean SubQ, sorry. I am so worn out, I just dont know what to do. His vet appt is at 8 am, So I need to go home. I am at my moms on her computer. I got 3 syringes full of goat milk, sugar, pedilyte, and baby food down him. He was not a happy camper as you can imagine. I just dont know if he will make it, and it breaks my heart. He did try to get away from me when I did the fluids, but no biting or scratching this time. I must go home now and take a shower, love my kitties, and feed them. I will update tomorrow. Thank you all for the continued prayers. HUGS, Katie and Chance

And yes my camera died tonight and I did not have time to fix it after fresh batteries went in. I did not even realize it.

Cinder & Smoke
10-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Hi God ~

Boots da Kat here ...
Sorrie we'z a bit late callin dis wun in ...
but it sounds like You must alreddie be onna case!

Lil Chance is gonna need a lotta Purrayers an summa Your Help ...
We'll start werkin onna Purrayers ...
Maybe You can start arrangin a Miracle.

THANKS for your Consideration!

/s/ da Purrayer Kat annd Prayer Muttz

CultureJunky
10-23-2006, 06:10 AM
This just breaks my heart and I feel like crying reading about this poor cat. It is so lucky to have found you or rather you finding it before somebody hit it or it just died lonely in pain and cold. You are amazing for helping this cat, and if he pulls through, I'm sure it'll turn out to be so worth it all, I am praying hard and sending best wishes for him to recover. I know that in that scared little boy there is a wonderful cat that really wants to come out but has been too frightened before. I am hoping so badly that he gets better.

Laura's Babies
10-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Gee, seeing pictures of him gave me LES!! He looks so much like my Chester. COME ON CHANCE!! WE ARE PULLING FOR YOU! You got PT prayers behind you and a world of people who already care! GET WELL SOON sweetheart!

orangemm
10-23-2006, 04:54 PM
This poor boy wouldn't be in a warm safe place if you hadn't stopped and picked him up. Major LES going on here. :(

I'll be praying hard for this little one. Please keep us posted.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I am so sorry to have to give this bad news. I am crying my eyes out, and my heart. :(

Chance was FelV (leukimia) positive, and he was put to sleep. There was no other option, but it sure hurts just the same. I want to thank everyone for their prayers, offers for donation, and nice comments. I hope Chance knows he was loved more than ever here on earth. He is going to be in my mothers garden, so that I can visit him. Thank you all so much again. Katie and Chance

Chance, I am so sorry for what I had to do. I wish I could have helped you. I hope you know I love you, and that I wish we could still be together. I am so sorry. Please RIP sweet boy. I hope you wait for me at the RB. Katie :(

moosmom
10-23-2006, 05:45 PM
ktluvskitties,

You did the right thing. At least Chance knew he was loved, even for a brief time. (((((HUGS))))))to you Katie.

RIP sweet Chance. :(

jenluckenbach
10-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Thank you for being there for Chance. Now that he is renewed at the RB he will ALWAYS know who it was that helped him.

I know it is sad....{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

K & L
10-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm so sorry to read this. Just keep in mind you kept him from suffering a miserable death. At least he died peacefully. RIP little Chance, you were loved!

Catty1
10-23-2006, 06:43 PM
You opened his eyes. Perhaps he could see...for a while. I hope he did, and saw the face of love.

Chance, your meowmie loved you very very much and still does. We all pray for you. Be happy and play at the Bridge.

He died a little more comfy, and better, and a bit fed. And warm and loved.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Gosh, I can't say anything better than Moosmom, Jen, K & L and Catty1 already have.

RIP little one.

{{{hugs}}} and thanks to you kt_luvs_kitties. :(

kuhio98
10-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Bless you Chance. I'm so glad you are free of pain. You will be greatly missed. :(

If It Should Be

If it should be I grow frail and weak
And pain prevents my peaceful sleep.
Then you must do what must be done
When this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad, I understand.
Selfishness might stay your hand.
But on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship take the test.

We've had so many happy years
That what's to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer. So,
When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend.
Only -- stay with me until the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me.
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know, in time, you, too, will see
It is a kindness that you do for me.
Although my tail it's last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve it should be you.
Who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years...
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Soapets
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
What everyone else already said. At least you kept him from dying all alone, and from suffering miserably even more than he already was, in the process. He was given a "chance", and a name, and a loving home, even if for only a few days. That's more than anyone else did for him! He will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, and he will be playing happily and free of pain and sickness and suffering there, until he sees you again...........

Deb

kimlovescats
10-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Oh Katie, I am so ... so ... sorry!!!!! :( You know, you made him feel much better .... he was suffering terribly, and you cleaned him, opened his eyes, gave him warmth and a soft bed, and fluids to restore some energy .... and MOST of all, you showed him LOVE and a respectful death! Being put to sleep was the best thing for him at this point, but it was not painful like dying there in the street, so cold, dirty, sick, dehydrated and lonely like he would have been!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))) Katie and Rest Peacefully Dear Chance!

Kim

Anikaca77
10-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I feel just like you right now...after working with some sick cats before...

I just hope and pray this kitten "Chance" get's through this and I'm praying so hard.

This just breaks my heart and I feel like crying reading about this poor cat. It is so lucky to have found you or rather you finding it before somebody hit it or it just died lonely in pain and cold. You are amazing for helping this cat, and if he pulls through, I'm sure it'll turn out to be so worth it all, I am praying hard and sending best wishes for him to recover. I know that in that scared little boy there is a wonderful cat that really wants to come out but has been too frightened before. I am hoping so badly that he gets better.

Anikaca77
10-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Katie,

You gave him a chance to know what love was...it's so hard to lose one even in such a short I know..I had to put one down..hardest decision but it was best for the kitten. At least he went peacefully....I'll say some prays for you.

Melissa

Reachoutrescue
10-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Katie, I am so sorry to hear about Chance. I know it has to be hard for you. I wish there was something I could do or say.... Just remember, you gave Chance love and you tried your best. I really am sorry Katie.

Freedom
10-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Ditto everything Kim says. You STILL did the right thing stopping and picking him up!

carole
10-23-2006, 08:57 PM
I know how heartbreaking this must be for you, but please take comfort in knowing you did an awesome thing, by taking chance in you allowed him to die in peace and with dignity without suffering as he would have, if he had been left out in the cold.
Hugs to you and RIP lil Chance, you will be loved again at the RB.

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Katie, I'm so sorry to hear this sad update.:( Like others have already said, you loved him in his time of need and did everything you could for him and now you've let him go so he can now be painfree and play up at Rainbow Bridge. RIP sweet Chance.:(

Cataholic
10-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Hugs to you, Katie. You did what so many wouldn't have done. You exposed your heart to Chance. He knew it, and made the trip to the bridge on wings of love.

jazzcat
10-24-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry. What a heartbreaking story.

(((HUGS))) Katie.

AbbyMom
10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank you for letting him know what love is before going to the bridge.

Lori Jordan
10-25-2006, 10:12 AM
I am so sorry to hear about his passing,He was such a handsome man,Please know you are an angel,you tried your best,May he rest now,out of pain and misery.

Laura's Babies
10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
He will forever be in your heart and he knew love, even if it was briefly, thanks to you. RIP Chance!

kt_luvs_kitties
10-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Thank you all SO SO much for the comforting words. I know that he is at the RB, but I still have that guilt of what more could I have done...Why did I not find him sooner. I know we all feel that at some point. I just hope he knows that I love him. What a handsome kitty he was. I hope he does wait for me at the Bridge.

Again thank you everyone for all the kind words, the offers to help Chance, even though you had never even seen him. It means the world to me, and it meant the world for Chance. I really do thank you from the bottom of my heart. *HUGS* Katie and Chance

And Kuhio, what a lovely poem. Thank you.

Laura's Babies
10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
You did the most important thing in the world for him..... YOU LOVED HIM!

He knows you did your best for him and you helped him more than you will ever know... He will tell you when you meet again...

orangemm
10-26-2006, 04:37 AM
It's so heartbreaking and I know you hurt badly, but remember little Chance is now pain-free and happy. He knows you loved him, that you did all you could for him.

I am so truly sorry.

(hugs) :(

CultureJunky
10-26-2006, 06:44 AM
That is so sad to hear about Chance, and I deeply feel for you. Just remember to look at your own loved cats for comfort, and they'll make you see you tried the best you could for him, and that in his last days he was loved by somebody and cared for. He is now at rainbow bridge dancing away with all the other pet talk cats, and they're telling him stories about how great it is to have a home and that he will have one with you again one day :)

catmandu
10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
More Prayers Are Coming For Kitty That He Can Recover And Be A Happy Confident Cat.

Lori Jordan
10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Keep in mind,you gave him something he probably never had before...LOVE,I know it is hard,You say you wish you would of found him sooner,I truly believe that everything happens for a reason,You gave him something,He did not die alone,He passed away with comfort,And i guarantee he is looking down on you thanking you everyday for what you did for him "You Cared",Even though little Chance is gone,You yourself have gained something,A guardian Angel and he will be with you every step of the way....
Big Hug To You,You are an amazing person,You did what you could and little Chance will love you for that,i hope you are feeling better soon,it takes time,We all heal different.If you need to talk please message me i will try my best to help you in any way.

Sonia59
10-26-2006, 11:08 AM
(((Hugs))). What you did for him is fantastic, and he knows it for sure. Cats know about these things.

RIP Chance!