PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Most Attractive Trait In A Man

lizbud
10-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to get your opinion on this question.This could also
include women.( Most attractive trait in a woman)

JenBKR
10-21-2006, 09:34 AM
For me, it's a sense of humor. I love to laugh and have a good time, and I love a man with a sense of humor similar to mine. :)

binka_nugget
10-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Love for animals is #1 for me. I'm lucky enough if I can find someone who will tolerate me talking about my dogs from time to time. What won me over with the guy I'm currently seeing was seeing him get down to his dogs' height (Chihuahuas! :eek: ) and baby talk them! It was TOO cute! It really takes an animal lover to understand one. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
In my case it was my hubby's sense of humour that "caught" me ;) :)

chocolatepuppy
10-21-2006, 10:41 AM
humbleness ;)

zoomer
10-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Hmm....well I never just need ONE attractive trait ;) A man has to love animals...and very nice... and have a sense of humor!^^

MajesticCollies
10-21-2006, 10:45 AM
he he he :D

kuhio98
10-21-2006, 10:49 AM
A sense of humor and confidence. When times get tough and I'm on the edge, Bobcat can usually crack and joke to calm me down and make me see that it's not the end of the world. And confidence ~ confidence in himself and "us" that we can make it through anything without blaming the other.

JenBKR
10-21-2006, 10:50 AM

hmm, now for some reason I'm thinking that was an evil laugh...... :p

lizbud
10-21-2006, 10:51 AM

Is that your sense of humor showing? :D

I saw this question used in another poll this week and wanted to see if
PT people came up with the same one trait (in men & women) that was found in the poll.

Argranade
10-21-2006, 10:52 AM
For me - has to look good - Funny - Love for birds.

ChrisH
10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Kindness combined with a sense of humour are a must.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-21-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't know if it's necessarily one character trait, but more of an over-arching way of being, if that makes sense. I like Eric because he's a good person- kind to other people and animals. Plus, I value his intelligence and his sense of humor!

ETA: In one of my psch classes we discussed how the top 3 three qualities women value in men are usually not looks, but they are for men.

cloverfdx
10-21-2006, 10:56 AM
The girl should (to a point) be happy with who she is, good sense of humor, animal lover, compasionate :).

Bengalz
A sense of humor and confidence. When times get tough and I'm on the edge, Bobcat can usually crack and joke to calm me down and make me see that it's not the end of the world. And confidence ~ confidence in himself and "us" that we can make it through anything without blaming the other.

I totally agree - same goes for BOTH parties in a relationship. Life is a test and we all need to know the person closest to us is on the same page.

Betty

MajesticCollies
If I could find a woman that could behave like my collies I would be in love with that trait....... Yes I'm kidding ladies :D

Toby's my baby
10-21-2006, 11:16 AM
For me, I think it would have to be more than one. They have to like animals, (that's how I met the guy I am dating now, he shows horses with me) be kind and show respect for you, having a sense of humor is good too.

caseysmom
10-21-2006, 01:40 PM
I think kindness is the most important.

Almita
10-21-2006, 02:05 PM
For me a guy would need to love animals. Adorable eyes. Great sense of humor. also tall.

carole
10-21-2006, 02:32 PM
He has to beable to give up the remote control he he, but seriously i cannot list one trait, but Honesty would be my first, along with sensitivity,Kindness and a sense of humour for sure. :)

CathyBogart
10-21-2006, 02:44 PM
For me, it's a ready smile.

Confidence without arrogance is another trait that I really find attractive....I was discussing with my best friend (male) the other day, and how hard it can be for a guy trying to flirt confidently with someone and not cross the line into seeming arrogant. We decided that women are just impossible to please. ;)

cmayer31
10-21-2006, 03:55 PM
We decided that women are just impossible to please.

That about sums it up for me. :D I can try and try, but there's just no winning. ;)

Cookiebaker
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
STABILITY is what attracted me most to Mark. He was hardworking, dependable, and I knew that I could trust him, and that is what I find most attractive because it gets you through the hard times :)

cyber-sibes
10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
honesty, humor, and undying adoration win me over! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
10-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Respectful of me being myself :)

GreyhoundGirl
10-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Gotta think greyhounds aren't too skinny. (a trait that is hard to find.... ) ;)

dogzr#1
10-21-2006, 07:10 PM
He has to be down-to-Earth, Funny and more of a friend. I don't like all those 'gushy' boyfriends. Umm, as for physical traits, he has to be tall. Well, he doesn't HAVE to be tall, but it is preferable that he is. Not sure what else.

Or you can just give me a Johnny Depp! :p

dukedogsmom
10-21-2006, 07:43 PM
It's hard to pick just one thing but I, too, would have to say love of animals.

Suki Wingy
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
There really is no one specific trait, but I've yet to have one conversation with a straight boy that didn't lead to him getting his 'masculinity' or whatever threatened because of the fact that I find tarantulas and snakes, etc. fascinating and blurt out something about how they love horse meat or how the scene in some movie where a horse is sucked through a propeller is so awsome or something like that. :rolleyes:

buttercup132
10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
He has to be clean (not clean cut but hygine clean), dress nice (I like boys with tight pants on (girl pants)) attractive, good shoes is a MUST.

Sense of humour is a good thing too.
I would like them to like animals, they dont have to be over thye top like me but I wouldnt want someone who dosent like them.

I'm very picky when it comes to boys , I guess thats why I dont have a bf at the moment

Flatcoatluver
10-21-2006, 10:05 PM
It sounds bad, but my dog's have to like him (Zoey doesn't like very many guys my age). He has to have gorgeus eyes and a great smile, nice and senstive, and taller them me! I don't know if I'm picky, but oh well.

tikeyas_mom
10-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I think the most attractive trait in a man is his eyes, and his personality :)

IRescue452
10-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Not a trait, a connection. Someone who understands that infamous sixth sense of being able to communicate as one without verbal conversation. And that's what I have right now.
On the other hand, the first think I notice to attract me to a person is facial features. May sound mean, but they are one of the first known symbols when you are being socialized. One of the first things babies learn to identify with are facial features, so they bring out emotions and reactions in us the best.

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
He has to like cats,have a good sense of humor, be honest and respectful,have a good steady job and a car. As far as physical traits, he has to be tall and in good shape. I guess I might be too picky. LOL:)

Karen
10-21-2006, 10:52 PM
I kept almost posting in this thread, but I'll just sum it all up by saying "Paul!" Not the name, but my beloved, I won't embarrass him by gushing, but I could! :)

Misty_Pearl
10-22-2006, 12:06 AM
I have yet to find a man that loves animals as much as I do. He would also have to be very tolerant of all my eccentricities because I refuse to change. Oh and share my love of halloween, ren faires and dressing up!

G535
10-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Mine is very lucky, the cat approves of him! :)

KYS
10-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Someone who has a good heart.

Rachel
10-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Although there are many traits which are important to me (honesty, loyalty, a strong sense of responsibility,) kindness somehow stands out as the thing I consider most important. It makes him attractive beyond measure.

Kfamr
10-22-2006, 08:53 AM
The love for animals, of course. If they love my dogs, especially. :D
That's just the most attractive trait, there are others, of course. :)

lizbud
10-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Interesting to compare PT answers to the original poll. That poll had
Confidence as the one male trait most often picked by women and Looks
(or attractiveness) was the one trait most picked by men.

Sounds very similar to the psyc. class that Pembroke Corgi mentioned. :)

CountryWolf07
10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Smile, eyes, and personality (sense of humor)

Dorothy39
10-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, he "HAS" to have a sense of humor!!!!

Next comes compassion for people and animals and a willingness to put up with me. :o

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 11:35 PM
my Jerry:

Sensitive, Gentle, Caring, Giving, Compassionate, Thoughtful, Kind, Tender, Hard-working, My Best Friend, Loves Kitties and Loves God!

I am truly blessed with a wonderful man for my husband! :)

K9karen
10-22-2006, 11:47 PM
If I could find a woman that could behave like my collies I would be in love with that trait....... Yes I'm kidding ladies :D

;) Try me, baby!
only I refuse to line up behind a gate for dinner!
(I ain't THAT obedient)

Traits..hmmm.. patience to put up with me.
What'd say, Tim????? ;) ;) ;) ;)

wolf_Q
10-22-2006, 11:49 PM
I would have to say loving animals. I could never be with anyone who didn't love animals (dogs especially) and enjoy having them in the family as much (or at least close to) as I do.

Argranade
10-22-2006, 11:49 PM
He has to be clean (not clean cut but hygine clean), dress nice (I like boys with tight pants on (girl pants)) attractive, good shoes is a MUST.

Yes tight pants can look good on a boy lol, but...

For me it does not look good if the boy does not have (What I call) punk legs.

These legs are kinda shortish (can go for some tall people) and there feet go inward lol, a good exsample would be Billie Joe...im not his biggest fan right now but he has good legs and his tightish pants look very good on him lol, I actualy have these legs. :o

These punk legs can go for girls and boys and the pants usualy go tight at the end like near your feet.

Here is a photo of what the legs should look like (For me).

I take my punk legs very seriously if there not right on a person then they should not wear the pants,as again this goes for me and my friend lol, this photo looks exacly like my legs lol I have like the same pants and belt. :p

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/white_creatures/other%20stuff/photo6.jpg

Muddy4paws
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
I would say honesty because once thats gone its really wrecks things :(
Im still working on the loving animal part with my boyfriend but he KNOWS that my dogs come first lol he doesnt like it but he knows his place ;) :p

Queen of Poop
10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Compassion.

Closely followed by animal lover.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Invisibility

G535
10-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Invisibility

Haha, thank you, that made my day! :)