PDA

View Full Version : Anchors Away!

cyber-sibes
10-21-2006, 08:53 AM
Well, the good news is official...
My husband accepted a teaching position at the Naval Academy Preparatory School! He leaves at the end of next week for Rhode Island.

I am staying here in Ohio for a while, though. Me and the doggies will keep the home fires burning till spring. Since my sons both live here in Ohio, it's happy-sad news for me. :) :( :) :( :) But I do have several cousins in the area in MA, and my older brother lives in Maine, and it will be nice to see them more often. My last trip out there was in 2000.

Thanks, PT, for your prayers :p you guys rock!

Freedom
10-21-2006, 08:57 AM
So you are relocating to the smallest state? We have a BIG heart, you will love living here!! I think that school is in Newport? You can PM me!

cyber-sibes
10-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Yes, it's in Newport. My mother was from Fall River, Mass, which is not far either. we used to go there every summer as kids and would visit Rhode Island relatives. It will be nice to be near the ocean again! I think he's really going to enjoy it. We'll have to look you up!

Karen
10-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh, guess I don't need to stock up on peanut butter Scooby Snacks just yet, if you and Sherman and Star are staying in Ohio for now! But do let us know if you're coming East, as we'd be happy to visit with you! We're about an hour and a half from Newport.

Ginger's Mom
10-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Wow, I guess I must have missed the first thread. Well, congratulations, I guess. It sure is a big move. I have never been to the New England States (is Rhode Island considered part of New England?), but would love to go there. Your work can be done online, right? So you can do the same work no matter where you live?

cyber-sibes
10-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Wow, I guess I must have missed the first thread. Well, congratulations, I guess. It sure is a big move. I have never been to the New England States (is Rhode Island considered part of New England?), but would love to go there. Your work can be done online, right? So you can do the same work no matter where you live?Aw, thanks. This is the first thread, I had posted on our prayer request thread a while back when he was applying at various schools. Yes, Rhode island is part of New England. He's a math prof - one of those people with a calculator built into their brains! :rolleyes:
And yes, I freelance, so I can pretty much work from wherever I live. My work isn't exactly on-line, but I do use a computer and illustration programs. As long as FedX services the area, I'm good. I just spend alot of time goofing off here on PT!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Congratulations!! I'm sure I would have mixed emotions, too, but I'm sure it will be exciting!

Dorothy39
10-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

It looks as though you are going to fit into the New England area quite well!!!!

dukedogsmom
10-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Wow! That's a great job. I know you'll miss him but hopefully the time will go fast.

shais_mom
10-21-2006, 11:22 PM
ohh-- what bittersweet news!
what an awesome job but so far away.
hugs to you and JoeJoe!

moosmom
10-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Cyber-sibed,

WOOHOO!!!! I'm glad hubby got this wonderful opportunity. I know you're going to miss him terribly. But just think, you'll be near the beach! Oh, and we MUST get together once you are settled in RI. I'm not far at all!!

cyber-sibes
10-22-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh, and we MUST get together once you are settled in RI. I'm not far at all!!I thought about you, Donna! I would love to meet your gang, especially MooShoo. He sounds like quite a character. I wasn't in Ohio yet when you both came to an Ohio PT picnic. Settling into your new place?

lizbud
10-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Well, congratulations on the job. :) Does this mean we won't be seeing
you guys at Findlay anymore? :( Boy, Smokey will sure miss seeing his girl
friend Star. :rolleyes: :D :D