PDA

View Full Version : A reminder

Sevaede
10-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Today, as I was going home, I stopped at a red light near my house. While sitting there, I noticed a new billboard. It looked like a giant, billboard-sized ( :p ) , flat screen television (I wonder how long until it's vandalized or broken?)!

We had just driven by it a few minutes before then but it was mostly out of view. I *could* see a cat out of the corner of it and decided to watch out for it when we drove back.

So, while we were sitting there, I watched it. Up popped a kitty that looked *exactly* like Gary's Rocca behind a cage door looking sad. The top of the ad said "STOP THE SUFFERING" and below that it said "Spay and neuter your pets!" and then it gave the number for the pound/animal control/animal services and the number. They also showed one where a puppy was standing on some stairs and it said "Adopt me!".

It was very touching. I wonder how many other people will take notice?

K & L
10-21-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm sure some do, but obviously with all the strays, there are too many that don't. It is sad!

Freedom
10-21-2006, 08:55 AM
This past summer, RI passed a mandatory spay / neuter law for all cats. So anyone adopting from a breeder, shelter, rescue group, etc., adopts a cat already fixed. It is the first law of its kind in the country. We are overrun with ferals in our area and in most of the state, the situation called for action on a larger level. Any cat picked up by animal control, to claim it you must prove it has been fixed, or pay animal control to get it fixed (they will take it to your vet) before you can retrieve it. Should be interesting to see how our feral population grows or declines over time.

catmandu
10-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I Tell My Cats All The Time, There Go For The Grace Of God Go I.
I Will Have To Tell Rocca About Her Look A Like Who Needs A Furr Ever Home.
We Are Praying Someone Adopts This Beauty.

Laura's Babies
10-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I haven't seen one of those in my neck of the woods but I will watch for one now..

Reachoutrescue
10-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I really hope people notice that T.V. billboard. I wish it was a law to alter pets....everywhere.