PDA

View Full Version : Which Coat for Niño?

Suki Wingy
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm trying to decide which to but because his old one is ratty and keeps falling off. Average winter temps here are 35-20 degrees F.

"Weatherbeeta Landa Midweight Dog Blanket"
Price: $26.25
http://adamspetsupplies.com/images/store/item_1316.jpg
This blanket is 100% waterproof and breathable. 600 denier, warm 220g polyfill, poly-cotton lining. It has adjustable chest and belly closures.

"Weatherbeeta Taka Midweight Dog Blanket"
Price: $29.95
Click for giant picture (http://adamspetsupplies.com/images/store/item_1313.jpg)
220g polyfill, with reflective strips. Keep your dog as warm and fashionable as your horse with this great blanket from WeatherBeeta. This style is waterproof, with adjustable chest and belly closures.

Rider’s International Fleece-Lined dog blanket
price: $24.90
click for pic (http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=8D%2D24463&qs=1)
Winter warmth and protection. Nylon outer shell resists wind and weather; fleece lining holds in warmth. Bias surcingles and buckle front closure. Imported. Navy/hunter.

Which one should I choose? Will the velcro in the first two ware out or not hold as well as the buckles?

Pembroke_Corgi
10-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I personally love the 2nd one, but then again I think I am slightly influenced by that adorable corgi. ;) I think it would look adorable on Niño, too, plus I like how it's reflective, which is handy in the winter months since it gets dark so early!

BC_MoM
10-20-2006, 05:08 PM
I like the first - but also the last because it's fleece lined.

zoomer
10-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I like the last because one it looks comfortable, two it will keep him warm and rain off his hair, and three because it's fleece lined which makes it soft, and like I said before, very comfortable. If I was a dog I would LOOOVE it!

Toby's my baby
10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Second one!! :D It looks so durable, and comfy too. Besides, I adore "Weatherbetta", I use them for my horse blankets and sheets too! :D

buttercup132
10-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I like the first one, but I also like the last one. Oh goodness I dont think I'm much help lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I like both the first and second one, but I think the second one would look better on him. :)

Danegirl2208
10-20-2006, 06:20 PM
i like the second one a lot! :)

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 07:33 PM
My computer won't let me see the last one it won't let me on their web site. Can someone post the pic in a post. ( because my dad has blocked some sites for stupid reasons, I can't get on IMOM either :( )

I really like the first one. I probably just prefer the colour. The second one looks warmer, though... Just going by looks, I'm no expert.

Q: It says ajustable, would it ajust big enough for a greyhound chest? I was thinkin of getting Jen a coat, because she's getting older.... :(

Alysser
10-20-2006, 07:43 PM
I love the second one! That would look awesome on him. I've heard good things about weatherbeeta.

BCollie_Kelly
10-21-2006, 07:28 AM
I personally love the second one and think he would look great in it! :)

Suki Wingy
10-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Greyhound girl, why would your dad block dover saddlery? He doesn't want to looking at horse supplies? :confused: They've diabled rightclick on that site.
I think I've narrowed it down to the last two. I've also heard good things about WeatherBeeta. We use Rider's Int'l for our blankets at my barn, cheap, yet they hold up.

GreyhoundGirl
10-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Greyhound girl, why would your dad block dover saddlery? He doesn't want to looking at horse supplies? :confused: They've diabled rightclick on that site.
I think I've narrowed it down to the last two. I've also heard good things about WeatherBeeta. We use Rider's Int'l for our blankets at my barn, cheap, yet they hold up.

He doesn't block each site individually, he blocks certain words, I think PAYMENT is one of em. :rolleyes: So I can't see the last coat.

sabies
10-22-2006, 10:34 PM
They all look like good coats. Is there a color you like best? Can you try them on anywhere or are they only online? If you can try them on maybe go with best fit.

Suki Wingy
10-23-2006, 01:50 PM
unfortunatley only my tack shop would sell them and they don't allow dogs because they have a dog-agressive dog that comes to work with the owners.

GreyhoundGirl
10-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Can someone copy and paste the pic for the 3rd one. I'm dying of curiosity. :p

borzoimom
10-24-2006, 08:16 AM
I tried to copy it for you, and it stated it was copy right, then I tried to paste the url page, http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=8D%2D24463&qs=1&bhcd2=1161695788

borzoimom
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I like number 2. It looks like it is easier to adjust in the shoulders.
Of course mine loveeeeee the cold, and even lay in the snow. When it snows up, which it does all the time, I have to put their collars back on them, so I can make them come in the house when I have let them out.