PDA

View Full Version : Denver :)

Glacier
10-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Some of you may remember that Anvik was originally supposed to come to us with a buddy, Denver. Denver was adopted the same day I pulled Anvik though. I was thrilled. Thought he'd have a nice life. His adoptive home wasn't far from my place. Seemed like a good fit for Denver. Unfortunately, the same night he was adopted, Denver demonstrated that he has the same leaping abilities as Annie. He cleared a six foot fence and wasn't seen again. That was over 6 weeks ago.

I was more than a little choked as his adopter didn't look very hard for him. I put up a few posters in the area. We've driven around looking for him a few times. We looked harder for him than his owners did! :mad:

I just got an email from the shelter that Denver has been found! A lady out in the boonies has been caring for him. He had no id on his collar and she just saw one of my posters which had the shelter number on it. Denver is fine and healthy. Unfortunately, this lady can't keep him long term. The shelter staff is going to get him today.

When I called Stuart to tell him Denver is ok, he asked when I was bringing him home. So I just emailed the shelter and said if Denver needs a foster home, we'd consider him again. I just need to know that he can get along with at least some other dogs(Goldie & Chase or Raven & Deuce or Pacer) and that he's not a night time howler! He could sleep in the porch with Anvik if he is, but I'd prefer that he could spend some time outside after dark without acting like he's dying!

Queen of Poop
10-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Yaaahoo. Denver's coming home!!

cloverfdx
10-20-2006, 11:53 AM
That is wonderful news Tamara :D... goodluck with Denver.

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2006, 12:16 PM
When I called Stuart to tell him Denver is ok,
he asked when I was bringing him home.

:rolleyes: Poor Stuart.

He certainly understands his Room Mate!
Time to buy Stuart his own Doggy SLED!

So what's the count - 25 now?

Welcome HOME, Denver!
;)

Lobodeb
10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah, what's the count now?

Yet another wandering spirit has found a home....I love it.

More kudos to you and Stuart. :D

Vela
10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Foster LOL that's what you said last time=) We all know what happens with 99.9% of your fosters! and they are very lucky.

Husky_mom
10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Can Stuart switch mind with my hubby??......LOL, you sincerely are THE greatest couple Iīve "met".......

canīt wait to see Denver

ramanth
10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Yay!! Can't wait to see Denver photos. :D

pitc9
10-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah.... sure... a Foster! LOL!! :p

Glad he's safe! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
10-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm glad he was found! Congrats on the new foster, can't wait to see pictures!

Glacier
10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes: Poor Stuart.

He certainly understands his Room Mate!
Time to buy Stuart his own Doggy SLED!

So what's the count - 25 now?

Welcome HOME, Denver!
;)

Denver would be 25. Haven't confirmed with the shelter yet that he's coming for sure though. Going over there on my lunch break.

I have a couple sleds, a sprint style racing sled and my touring tank sled. I love my tank sled. Hate the sprint sled and don't use it much. Stuart used to drive the sprint sled alot. Unfortunately, he can't run dogs anymore. He is in too much pain and has too many problems with his back. The last time he tried was three winters ago and it was ugly! He's my handler!

Glacier
10-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Uppiedate....

The lady that found Denver is considering keeping him permanently. A few tears shed by her son seem to have had an influence on her! He doesn't want Denver to go! The shelter staff have been out to see him and say he looks great and is happy there. She has two other dogs that he are his buddies! They are going to keep him for the weekend and decide by Monday what they want to do. I kinda hope they keep him. It almost sounds like Denver picked his own home!

jackie
10-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Sounds like everything will work out great for Denver.