PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Tenny, please :( Not a good update :( :(

Cataholic
10-20-2006, 09:17 AM
As some of you know, I dropped Minnie and Tenny off at the white coats this am for a shave down. I wasn't 7 minutes from the office when the Dr called me to share some disturbing news. Tenny isn't well enough to go under anesthesia. :( Tenny has lost 3 pounds in 3 months. Please don't start on me, I don't think I could handle it right now. Please keep him in your prayers. Full labs will be back tomorrow, and I am praying it is **only** a thyroid condition. The Dr. said it could be anything from nothing (highly unlikely) to cancer, with likely suspects being thyroid, renal failure or IBS.

(As an aside, Minnie needed a teeth cleaning, resulting in one tooth being pulled. CRAP! I am hating me right now).

I am so distraught. My poor lover boy.

Laura's Babies
10-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Awe Gee! Prayers sent for both your babies! Keep us posted about Tenny.

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2006, 09:24 AM
Aww, I'm sorry. I'll be thinking of your two sweeties and hoping things are treatable for Tenny!

catlover4ever
10-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Prayers being sent your way. I hope it is nothing serious....please keep us posted. ((((HUGS))))

jazzcat
10-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Prayers on the way.

Catty1
10-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Don't hate yourself! Those cats are LOVED and they know it! PT Prayers for Tenny, that he has something VERY treatable.

My Oscar is my heart cat, and I can understand totally how you feel!

{{{{{{{HUGS!}}}}}}}}}}}

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Hi God ~

Boots da Kat here ...

We gotta problem atta Cataholic Kat Howze - seems Tenny put hizzelf onna "diet"
an din't tell nunbuddie ... an took a lil too much off.

We'z all Purrayin that the White Coats turn up a solution an ole Tenny getz to feelin A-OK.

An kan You give Meowmee Johanna a big {{{GOD'S Hug}}} ta <perk> her up a bit?
She sure needs it!

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Purrayer Kat anna Prayer Pups

emily_the_spoiled
10-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I am very sorry to read about Tenny, but I just know that it will be nothing serious and he will be back home in no time at all.

shais_mom
10-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this!
poor you and the kitties.
give them big hugs and kisses from my house
and wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze and that's from me.

KitCat
10-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey, you are a good pet owner! Don't feel bad, you were taking them to be cared for, and if you hadn't you wouldn't have known there is anything wrong. The vets are checking your kitty before it got obviously sick so whatever the problem, it is being caught early.

kimlovescats
10-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Oh Johanna, I'm so sorry! Hopefully the vet caught whatever is wrong with Tenny in the early stages and it will be treatable! Don't beat yourself up!!! These things happen!

Hugs,
Kim

;)

Russian Blue
10-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Did you notice any changes recently - throwing up, litter box issues, not eating?

As you read in my thread, Nakita may have IBS so I'm going through everything right now to make her right. Nakita can't afford to lose weight unfortunately!

Mega vibes/prayers going your way!! I hate when medical problems hit our kids and they can't tell us what's wrong. You become a real detective.

((hugs))

Randi
10-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Johanna, I'm really sorry to hear this. Hopefully the vet will find the reason and be able to treat it. We'll keep all fingers and paws crossed.

Hugs to you, and kisses to Tenna.

shais_mom
10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
I keep checking hoping for an uppiedate. :(

Cataholic
10-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Did you notice any changes recently - throwing up, litter box issues, not eating?

As you read in my thread, Nakita may have IBS so I'm going through everything right now to make her right. Nakita can't afford to lose weight unfortunately!

Mega vibes/prayers going your way!! I hate when medical problems hit our kids and they can't tell us what's wrong. You become a real detective.

((hugs))

You know, about a month ago, I picked Tenny up and thought, "well, he seems lighter to me". Then, I shrugged it off, as Tenny has always been supersized. He is a 16 pounder all the way through and through. BUT, what I did notice was his lethargy. I have found him on several occasions on the couch, all by himself, snuggled up. And, really, with a forelorn look on his face, you know? And, just this am, I thought he was lying so still. I mean all cats lie still. But, when I start rustling around in the am, they usually move up to get pets. Tenny hasn't done that the last couple of days.

I am nearly stunned, really. I seemed to have overlooked some signs, in retrospect.

:(

catnapper
10-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh Jo, I am so sorry! Do not beat yourself up! We always notice things after the fact. Prayers coming that its nothing serious that a little TLC and good medical intervention won't fix.

jenluckenbach
10-20-2006, 02:14 PM
OF COURSE!!! Many prayers for Tenny!

I am glad that he needed to go get groomed at the vet, it was his way of having his health problem found. But I must say, WHY were they going to put him under anesthesia for a shave down? :confused: (No need to think about that now, concentrate on that sweet boy)

AND, Minnie getting a grooming AND a teeth cleaning at the same time is probably a GOOD thing.....less stress on her.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Prayers are on the way . Hope all goes well for Tenney.

zippy-kat
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Prayers are on the way for Tenny!

Freedom
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh dear! Let us know what the blood tests show!

If it is thyroid, you CAN cope with that! Mr. Amber Cat aka Amber had that. He wasn't the easiest cat to pill, but we worked out an agreement: he wouldn't take my fingers and I would give a treat afterwards.

How old are each of them? Having one tooth out is not too terrible; she can still eat plenty, as your cat food bill will show!

catmandu
10-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Dont Not Feel Guilty.
Sam Lost Quite A Bit Of Weight, And I Never Noticed As He Was Always Curled With The Other Cats.
Its Not Until Something Really Goes Wrong, That Our Cats Let Us Know That They Are In Fact, Ill.
We Are Sending Prayers For Tenny.
And Pet Angels To Comfort Him In His Time Of Need.
Get Well Tenny, Please.

Uabassoon
10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Prayers being sent your way! I'm sorry to hear that Tenny isn't feeling well. :(

lizbud
10-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Please don't start beating yourself up over this. Prayers & positive
vibes for Tenny.

Cataholic
10-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Tenny and Minnie are home and settled in. The vet techs said, "your cats didn't say a word all day". Then, Tenny heard my voice :o He was ready to get on outta there. The vet techs got 98% of Tenny's mats out, without sedation. They couldn't believe his loving ways. The vet tried to reassure me, that while he couldn't promise anything, he really thought it was probably just his thyroid.

He is laying around, and now, of course, it just seems totally obvious! :( He does look beautiful, as they bathed him as well. No one's whites are as white as Tenny's. He has eaten and drank, so that is good. Tomorrow, prolly before 10am I will find out. Fingers and paws crossed, please.

Minnie is another story. She is still pretty groggy. She is under the bed, and will need to be "caught" to medicate tonight. <sigh>. She looks beautiful. Her fur is about 1/2 inch, and VERY puffy. She is prolly about 5 or so, so, the one tooth isn't a major concern. I just don't want any infection to set it.

Thanks everyone. I will update you tomorrow.

PLEASE keep positive thoughts in your minds.

thanks,
Johanna

K & L
10-20-2006, 07:01 PM
I sure hope all will be OK with Tenny. I can't remember if we saw him when we were there or not? Good luck and I'll be watching for the update.

jenluckenbach
10-20-2006, 07:07 PM
WELCOME home babies!!

Good luck with the medication for Minnie.

Prayers for good tests results for Tenny.

Vermontcat
10-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for Tenny and Minnie!
Samantha sends purrs and headbumpies your way too! :)

I'm just wondering, didn't your Tex have to be on thyroid medicine for a while?
Does Tenny seem to have the same symptoms that Tex had?
Sending hugs your way, hoping that your furkids are feeling better soon.

AbbyMom
10-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Prayers on the way for Tenny and Minnie!

Bengalz
10-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Lots of prayers and healing vibes coming your way for Tenny and Minnie.

Also please don't be so hard on yourself - bad stuff seems to come at us in multitudinous waves - have you noticed?? Unfortunately our kitties don't tap us on the shoulders and tell us when things don't feel so good - we often have to scratch our heads and wonder. Don't you sometimes wish we were as smart as they are :p I certainly do :)

Take care,
Betty

shais_mom
10-20-2006, 11:41 PM
lots of hugs and prayers on the way for both kitties and mom too
a not so subtle KICK tho - PICTURES when they are feeling better!

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tenny.:( Hopefully it's nothing serious and is a treatable condition. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

My Storm had to have one tooth extracted in Jan. and has been dong very well since so I'm sure that Minnie will be just fine in no time.:)

Cataholic
10-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Sadly, the lab work ruled out things like renal failure, kidney disease, or thyroid issues. Tenny's red cells are outside the range of normal, low. We went back in for two more tests this am, and he is negative for luekemia, and something else, FVP? I can't really remember anything once I heard the rell cell count was out of normal range.

We will schedule a visit with the oncology clinic first available opportunity next week, as reccommended by my vet. The chances are likely the dx will be devastating. I am crushed.

Will keep you posted.

Please pray.

Johanna

Russian Blue
10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
We will schedule a visit with the oncology clinic first available opportunity next week, as reccommended by my vet. The chances are likely the dx will be devastating. I am crushed.

Johanna

I just wanted to check in before I go out to run some errands. I'm so, so sorry Johanna. :( :( :( I will still send as many positive thoughts/prayers as I can muster and send them in your direction. I can only imagine how tense the next few days will be while waiting for more results from the tests.

You know we'll all be here to help you through these upcoming days. You and Tenny will remain in my thoughts/prayers. Hang in there - we love ya!! ((((hugs))))

ChrisH
10-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, Johanna. :( Prayers, positive & good thoughts on the way.

{{{big hugs}}}

jazzcat
10-21-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm so sorry. I had hoped it was something on the easily treated side. I won't give up hope that it will still be easily treated, we just have to wait a little longe to hear that.

(((HUGS)))

Karen
10-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Please pray.

Johanna

Of course we will. Poor Tenny, and momma Jo.

Laura's Babies
10-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers are being sent.

Reachoutrescue
10-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I have not been around in a bit, but when I read this thread, I was heart broken. I sure do hope all is well for sweet Tenny. You and Tenny will be in my thoughts and prayers.

trayi52
10-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Jo, just seen this thread. I am praying for Tenny and you. Sorry to hear that Tenny is not doing well. It is not your fault, so please don't assume it is.

Prayers and good thoughts are on the way right now, as I speak for you and sweet Tenny. God Bless you and Tenny.

Willie

MBones
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Prayers are on the way for your sweet Tenny as well as Minnie and Johanna. I am so sad for you as it hurts so much to be in this situation. I am hoping and praying for a fixable solution.

{{{{{{{Johanna}}}}}}}}

momtomany
10-21-2006, 12:05 PM
The momtomany gang will send lots of prayers up for Tenny. Hang in there and now that they are lots of folks, known to you and unknown to you, praying for you and your furbaby.

gini
10-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Johanna, you and Tenny have my prayers. I have been where you are..........please do not beat yourself up. Cats are masters at hiding their illnesses. I am so sorry that you both are going through this.

Pam
10-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Johanna I am glad that no one is being "holier than thou" in this thread as often happens unfortunately here at PT. My Trevor was, at one time, 20 lbs. and it would not have been noticeable to me if he lost a couple of pounds. I hope that Tenny still has some good years left. I am so sorry. :(

Killearn Kitties
10-21-2006, 12:36 PM
We will not be uncrossing our paws yet for beautiful Tenny. I'm sorry you have another wait ahead of you before you know.
Sending all our positive thoughts.

rg_girlca
10-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Johanna I am glad that no one is being "holier than thou" in this thread(

And hopefully no one will, because most of us have all been guilty of this also.

Having had young ones myself, it's understandable how hectic the days can get and how we don't pay as much attention to our furbabies. I confess I have been GUILTY myself of this. It's not like we go over them with a fine tooth comb on a daily basis or weigh them either. So like others have said Johanna, please do not beat yourself up over this. You are hurting enough.

Tenny will definitely be in my prayers and ((((((HUGS)))))) for you.

orangemm
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Don't give up. Please. We will pray and think good, healthy thoughts for Tenny and Millie. It can't hurt.

and, please don't blame yourself.

we are here for you.

(((hugs)))

Prairie Purrs
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
The Denver tuxies (Katie, Hagrid, and Gatsby) send their best wishes to Tenny, along with lots of positive energy. I'm holding out hope that it's a treatable problem.

jenluckenbach
10-21-2006, 02:00 PM
A multitude of prayers being said for Tenny, and you.

I am so sorry that the news wasn't better. :(

Vermontcat
10-21-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm so sorry that the latest update wasn't good news.
Sending prayers for Tenny and hugs for you.

kohala
10-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Tuxie love is so special - I'm sorry to hear Tenny is having hard times. I'm saddened to hear you are, too, and can only send loving energy and prayers to you.

Randi
10-21-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear the news wasn't very uplifting, but I hope Tenna's condition will be treatable. I know the waiting is unbearable - I'm sending more good thoughts and we're keeping fingers and paws crossed.

((((hugs))))

Craftlady
10-21-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry to read all this happening with you.
It's a diffcult time and we here will keep paws crossed for a good outcome.

sasvermont
10-21-2006, 03:13 PM
My efforts, as are many a person's, are often at the end of the ailment since our furry friends keep their problems to themselves, unless of course there are outward signs. There is a fine line between being a cat and being a sick cat!

I wish you strength to get through this problem and hope that the outcome is better than expected. Remember, cats have nine lives.

((((((((((((((((Cataholic))))))))))))))))

Donnaj4962
10-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I am just now getting online today, and I saw this thread. I am so sorry that the outcome at the vets was not better. Many prayers and (((Hugs))) coming our way to you and Tennie.

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear this sad update.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Tenny's way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Gosh, Jo, I'm so sorry to hear this bad news about Tenny. Please don't beat yourself up about it though. There's a good chance his hair was extra matted because he wasn't feeling well and not grooming himself properly instead of any neglect on your part, so that was his way of letting you know something was wrong. I will be hoping and praying the news is not devistating and is something treatable.

My dear beloved Tenny. Please be a good boy (and it sounds like you already have a good start on this) and let the white coats do what they need to do to help you. You're far to young to be leaving your meowmy and unfurred brother. :(

popcornbird
10-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Oh, oh, not sweet Tenny. :( I haven't been on PT much for the past few days and missed this thread. I am so sorry to hear about little Tenny, my most favorite fluffy boy of the tux herd. (Don't tell the rest of the herd that, but its true). Prayers for little Ten Ten, and I hope things will look brighter soon, and that Tenny's health will soon be fully restored.

emily_the_spoiled
10-22-2006, 07:36 AM
Johanna, I am so sorry to read about Tenny. I was hoping it would be something that the white coats to easily treat. Our thoughts are with you right now...

kimlovescats
10-22-2006, 02:33 PM
((((((((HUGS))))))) Johanna, praying that the news isn't as bad as you expect!!!

Kim

Barbara
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Tenny. With 16lbs and a big fur you wouldn't notice a loss (in Filou it would be half of the cat ;)) so quickly.

Paws crossed for him.

gini
10-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Jo, still sending prayers and good thoughts for Tenny!

Russian Blue
10-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Jo, still sending prayers and good thoughts for Tenny!

I also wanted to check in. You're both in my thoughts/prayers.

catlover4ever
10-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Good thoughts and prayers are still coming your way. (((HUGS))) Meg

Cataholic
10-24-2006, 08:21 AM
We go today, Tuesday, at 3 pm, to the internal med/oncologist people. The vet called back and confirmed that my vet (Dr. W) wanted us seen as quickly as possible. I nearly broke down while driving.

For some reason, I woke at 5 today, and found Tenny laying on the couch. I laid with him until 630, just trying to pass my good vibes on to him.

I am so scared. I will try to update you today, though, after the appointment. We are on 'stand by', so, they already warned me there would be a wait.

Please keep praying for Tenny. :(

Killearn Kitties
10-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Gook luck, Johanna! I'll be thinking of you and Tenny.

trayi52
10-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Good Luck, Johanna. I'll be praying for you and Tenny today. Hope it will be good news.

Willie

Randi
10-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Johanna, I'm sending lots of positive thoughts, and we're both keeping fingers and paws crossed for Tenna today.

I SO hope you'll have some good news to tell us later. :)

(((((hugs)))))

Cinder & Smoke
10-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi God ~

Boots, da Kat here ...
Wonderin iffin You have da Silver Klowd all gassed up fur this afternoon?
Pleeze 'member - You're due atta White Coat Lab ta help wiff Tenny's Exam.

An keep an *eye* on Momma Joh ... she's purdy shook up wiffa Sick Kitty an
needs a lotta Your support. Big {{{God's Hugg}}} wuld sure help her!

An maybe see iffin You can turn Master Jones into da Gud Child fur a kuppla daze?

We'll all be addin Purrayers tuday.

Thanks, God!!

/s/ da Purrayer Kat anna Prayer Muttz

ramanth
10-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh Johanna, I'm so sorry you are going through this. :( :( Many healing thoughts and prayers for Tenny.
*HUGS*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Many, many, many good thoughts and prayers going out for Tenny. I just know he'll be ok.....hopefully.... :(

Logan
10-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Johanna, I am ashamed of myself for not checking in more frequently lately and I never saw this until now. :o

I will have you and Tenny in my prayers.

Logan

Barbara
10-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Just checking in and keeping paws and fingers crossed :)

kuhio98
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Continued prayers and purrs from us all.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
10-24-2006, 02:35 PM
I just checked to see the latest update : Please know that everyone here sends their best wishes and prayers to Tenney and you :)

jenluckenbach
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Continued prayers.

Cataholic
10-24-2006, 04:29 PM
As expected, Tenny has cancer. :(
I still just can't believe the dx. He is 9 years old! The oncologist aspirated some of these bumps which I had discovered Friday, after his grooming. And, the results will be back tomorrow, sometime after 3 pm. She then had a series of xrays done on his chest, which was promising, as they were clear.

We are probably either going to hear lymphoma (the much better type), or carcinoma (the second better type, but, not nearly as good as a lymphoma). The oncologist didn't think it was sarcoma, which would be a horrid result.

There are no more words for me tonight. Keep Tenny in your thoughts that he has the lesser devestating type of cancer. :(

Killearn Kitties
10-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Keep Tenny in your thoughts that he has the lesser devestating type of cancer. :(
I most certainly will. Me and the girls are sending all our love and positive vibes to you and Tenny tonight. Take care.

Donnaj4962
10-24-2006, 04:38 PM
MANY prayers and well wishes to you and Tenny! I am so sorry that you had to hear the dreaded "c" word. Me, Tabitha, and Sasha will keep you in our prayers as we watch for more updates from you. Please give Tenny a gentle (((hug))) from us... and here is one for you also. (((hug)))

ramanth
10-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh man. :( :(

Prayers for Tenny. *hugs*

shais_mom
10-24-2006, 06:40 PM
oh Jo- I am so sorry. lots of hugs and prayers on the way for you hun.
if you need anything you know where I am
give that big sweet boy a hug from me please...

Lori Jordan
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I am so sorry,i went through this 2004 my moms cat keep the good thoughts it helps he was diagnosed in 2004 i forget the name of cancer he has,but at 22 years old he is as healthy as expected...Thoughts are with your dear Tenny!

Cinder & Smoke
10-24-2006, 07:00 PM
{{{HUGS}}} and Prayers for Joh, Jonah, and of course Dear Tenny.

Freedom
10-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Please know that we are all thinking of you and Tenney and the family. What a struggle this is! Keep up dating as you get more specifics. Prayers for all of you.

Catty1
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Hon, I am grasping at straws here...but does the type of cancer affect whether ANY treatment can be tried?

I KNOW what the oncologist said...I keep thinking zapping a tumour that size with radiation ought to reduce it...but maybe it would just make poor Tenny sick!

I just pray that there might be a miracle here. How great that Tenny is still in kitten-spirits!

AbbyMom
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Prayers for you and Tenny on the way.

Vermontcat
10-24-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the latest on Tenny. :(
I hope he can really fight this and be with you as long as possible.
Samantha sends purrs and headbumpies to you and Tenny, and I'm sending more hugs for the both of you.

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear the latest update.:( If he has to have cancer, I hope that it's one that will be the easiest to treat. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Tenny's way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Glacier
10-25-2006, 12:54 AM
All paws crossed for the best possible results.

elleagwire
10-25-2006, 05:10 AM
I's so sorry to hear that. Got a prayer though...I hope it will help you both in way...Oh my especially tenny, my heart goes out for her...

Dear God, you have given us care over all living things; protect and bless the animals who give us companionship and delight, make us their true friends and worthy companions. Amen.

Elle Mayson

jenluckenbach
10-25-2006, 06:13 AM
I too am heartbroken over this news. Prayers for you both.

Randi
10-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Johanna, I'm really sorry to hear this news. :( I hope it turns out to be the easiest treatable kind, and you and Tenna will be together for a long time yet.

Sending lots of good and healing thoughts - please give him kisses from me.

((((hugs))))

K & L
10-25-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Logan
10-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Johanna, I know that was not what you needed to hear, yesterday. But hang in there and see what options there are once the diagnosis is complete. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tenny.

Logan

Laura's Babies
10-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Awe Geez! I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers are being sent and all fingers and paws crossed that it is treatable and Tenny will be with you a long long time!

Lori Jordan
10-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Im praying for Tenny,I hope you get the news you want,Fingers crossed for Tenny~

Sonia59
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Lots of good thoughts are sent, (((((Hugs)))))

Barbara
10-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Keepimg paws crossed for a lymphoma. I have a human friend who had it 5 years ago- and he's over it and as good as new. So that is what I hope for Tenny :)

Russian Blue
10-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Hoping for the best case scenerio as the new test results come back today. We're all here for you and Tenny!

((((( Johanna )))))

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
3:10 pm: "OK - We're here ... wish us luck ... I'll call ya back ..."

Momma Joh and Tenny have arrived at the Specialist's Office for additional tests.

So Far - it's semi-good news ... not anything really bad - but it's one of three conditions
that today's tests will narrow down. Doc had called Joh and said more tests were needed
to narrow the problem down ... When could Joh be there?
"I just have to go grab Tenny ... we're almost on the way!"

So some Immediate Prayers would be nice ...
More info to follow ... but I'm not sure if the test Results will be known today.

"THANKS for your Support!"

;)

Russian Blue
10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
3:10 pm: "OK - We're here ... wish us luck ... I'll call ya back ..."

So some Immediate Prayers would be nice ...
More info to follow ... but I'm not sure if the test Results will be known today.

Thanks Phred for the update. You're always the best! ;) Immediate prayers being sent as fast as I can send them that way......

orangemm
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes, lots of prayers going up for Tenny. And, hugs to all.

Don't give up!

kimlovescats
10-25-2006, 07:15 PM
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) and prayers for you and Tenny!

Kim

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2006, 07:19 PM
8:00 pm UppityDate (from the Bathroom - Jonah *in*; Johanna playing Lifeguard)

They survived the White Coat Visit ...

Tenny has a couple shaved spots and a couple stitches where the "samples" were removed.

Results probably won't be in till Monday ... se we really won't know much till then.
First Aid for now is Prednisone - which should make Tenny more comfortable
and hopefully *perk* him up a bit.

No Wonder that poor Girl gets *tense* every once in a while ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif
Master Jones (aka da Kid) was "chattering" non-stop; not to mention the *splashing*! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif
He'd "helped" to Feed da Kitties ... resulting in a Zillion Krunchie Pieces being
scattered on the floor. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif
I hope she knows where the Kid's *OFF* Switch is located ...
from what I heard he's NOWHERE near ready for bed yet!
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Please crank up your Prayer Machines for Tenny and Joh!
{{{Hugs}}} to Joh!

Heather78418
10-25-2006, 07:24 PM
I know the felling of kids and bed.......those dont go well together in their mind. But i will be sending many prayers for teeny I hope the news is good.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-25-2006, 11:00 PM
I just wanted to say that I am praying for Tenny. I am so sorry you are going through this. *HUGS* from Katie and kitties

kimlovescats
10-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the update, Phred!

Jonah, go to bed, honey!!! ;)

jenluckenbach
10-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Tenny is still in my thoughts.

Dorothy39
10-26-2006, 05:51 AM
I've read this entire thread so many times~~~

It's Tenny's Novel now, and You can count on my Pet Talk Prayers , Dear Tenny.

Sara luvs her Tinky
10-26-2006, 07:29 AM
PRAYERS on the way for Tenny...

Thanks for the update Phred...

{{{HUGS}}} for you Johanna!!!!

Cataholic
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks, Phred for posting, and lending an ear, twice in one day!

Tenny had two tissue samples removed, and these are being sent to OSU for studying. The oncologist said she is pretty certain they will need to do a normal test, and some sort of stain, so, two samples were taken and sent. We won't know anything until at least Monday. Something about the samples needing 48 hours to do something.

The oncologist did remain hopeful (that is prolly too strong of a word) that Tenny's lungs were clear, and she didn't think it was the more worse type of cancer- carcinoma. (She made it sound like it was grouped into 3 types of cancers: lymphoma, carcinoma and sarcomas. BUT, that might be my misunderstanding). BUT, when I looked at the lab results (which she gave with trepidation, as she was afraid I would over research, and over react), it did mention a sarcoma possibility- which is the worst kind. :( I am not going to phone her back for discussion on this, and just wait it out until Monday, when she phones with the results.

Tenny is taking 10 mg prednisone, and the oncologist thought I could possibly see a positive change in as short as 48-72 hours. I swear last night, an hour after I pilled him, he seemed 'different'. He slept with me most of the night, and returned to me this morning, too. He always slept with me, but, had stopped most recently. Prolly just my imagination.

The **problem** with 10 mg of prednisone is that the pill is huge! I broke it into 1/4s...but, that means I pill him FOUR times, instead of once. I am going to call this other pharmacy, and see if they can get something else. Sometimes, certain makers of drugs make them in different shapes. I went through this with Tex, and his meds, and I always remembered to ask for a certain manufacturer.

So, hopefully the next few days will seem better, and the results on Monday will be what they are. I don't even know what to expect after the results, since depending on the dx, the treatment options are different. I did ask if the possibilities we were looking at were still going to mean a potential 6 week survival rate, and she wasn't as firm as I would have liked. :(

But, that is Monday's worry.

Thanks, everyone.

Johanna and Tenny

Samantha Puppy
10-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Prayers going out for Tenny and you.

Russian Blue
10-26-2006, 09:04 AM
The **problem** with 10 mg of prednisone is that the pill is huge! I broke it into 1/4s...but, that means I pill him FOUR times, instead of once. I am going to call this other pharmacy, and see if they can get something else.
Thanks, everyone.

Johanna and Tenny

Nakita needs 1/4 of the smallest dose of Prednisone. Once you split the smallest pill into a 1/4 it's almost dust. Half the time I don't even know if she swallowed it since the breeze could have take it away when I wasn't looking. :rolleyes: ;)

You can also get a shot of Prednisone, maybe that would be easier? Not sure what dosage that would be? But I hope the drugs do help Tenny to be more comfortable. One of the possible side effects from the higher doses of Presnisone is anxiety, so you may want to watch out for that.

I'm sorry you don't have an answer yet. Waiting is absolutely the worst, especially when it involves test results. Hang in there Johanna.

emily_the_spoiled
10-26-2006, 09:13 AM
You can have your vet write and actual prescription for the prednisone and have it filled at a people pharmacy. Prednisone comes in a liquid (for kids) and 5mg tables (that are VERY small). These might be other options for you and Tenny...

Donnaj4962
10-26-2006, 09:23 AM
You and Tenny have remained in our prayers since I first read this thread. Our prayers are continuing. (((hugs))) for everyone.

ramanth
10-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Fingers, toes, and paws crossed!!

jazzcat
10-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Prayers for Tenny, (((HUGS))) for you.

jenluckenbach
10-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Waiting until Monday will be agony! But we are all here with you.

ChrisH
10-26-2006, 04:38 PM
{{hugs}} Continuing prayers going out for both you and Tenny.

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Don't Furget - today (Monday) is results day for Tenny's Tests ...

Johanna and Tenny will appreciate a buncha Prayers, Good Vibes, and a lot of
Positive Thoughts being sent their way.

Best Wishes and {{{HUGS}}} from ME & the FurKids.

rg_girlca
10-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Sending Prayers and positive thoughts out your way Tenny.

Dorothy39
10-30-2006, 12:44 AM
I will keep Praying for *You *and Tenny~

Good Vibrations coming all the way from Michigan,~~~ Postive thoughts~~~~ for that Monday report!!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

jenluckenbach
10-30-2006, 05:00 AM
I am holding my breath.................. :o

And praying.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
10-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Good thoughts and prayers on their way!

krazyaboutkatz
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Your both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you receive the best results possible.

Logan
10-30-2006, 12:11 PM
My prayers continue, too, Johanna.

Kater
10-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Praying for you both!

Uabassoon
10-30-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news.

popcornbird
10-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Praying for Tenny, everyday!

Cataholic
10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
No news. I called at 415pm, and learned my vet wasn't in on Mondays <sigh>. But, the receptionist told me that the results are back in, and the lab did need to do a special stain (I still don't know what that means, exactly). It might be back tomorrow, but, in any event, I can call and talk to the vet.

The prednisone seems to make Tenny more social, out and about. I would like to say I see a huge difference, but, I am not sure if it is just my wishful thinking or not. He has slept with me the last few nights, and does come around for food. Pilling him isn't a big deal, even considering I break the pill up into four bits.

I hope by Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday am at the latest to have some answers.

catnapper
10-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Still sending lots of prayers for your sweet boy. Sorry to hear you didn;t get anything from the vet in way of information today.

Donnaj4962
10-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Just checking in for results, and see we cannot expect anything until tomorrow. Everyone is still in my prayers. (((husg))) to you and Tenny.

Dorothy39
10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I'll keep checking in, on This Pet Talk Tenny Thread~

Glad to hear that *Tenny* is stable and that he comes around for food.

I will keep both of you in My Positive Thoughts and Prayers!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

jenluckenbach
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I hope by Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday am at the latest to have some answers.

I guess I'd better stop holding my breath, in that case. ;)

But I won't stop praying.

Barbara
10-31-2006, 07:04 AM
My, I hate when they tell you they'll know Monday- although they must know the vet isn't in!

But I'm glad to hear Tenny is better in his behavior- the main thing is that he feels not too bad.

catlover4ever
10-31-2006, 08:47 AM
((((HUGS)))) I know what you are going through with the not knowing....it is so very hard. I will continue to send prayers yours and Tenny's way.

catmandu
10-31-2006, 09:00 AM
We Are So Sorry To Hear About Tenny.
Mr Scrappy And Mr Fluffy Are With Him Now, To Comfort Him, And To Try To Absorb Some Of The Pain.
We Are Adding More Prayers For Tenny Tonight.
We Pray That Tenny Can Be Helped By The White Coats.

Dorothy39
10-31-2006, 09:10 AM
I am still Holding You and Tenny in my thoughts and Positve Prayers.

Keeping all toes and fingers crossed!!! :o

Cataholic
10-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Well, things aren't going in the direction I had prayed for. I just spoke with the oncologist. She said that one of the lab type people are leaning towards a carcinoma- what we do NOT want. But that type of lab person wasn't the final answer-er. And, she had originally told me she didn't think it was a carcinoma, though I had seen it reflected in the initial lab report. So, some special stain is being done, and it should tell us with definity, what Tenny has. She said she is still holding out hope for a lymphoma, but, I am not so hopeful. Carcinomas have limited treatment options.

She said to call back Thursday, and if the results come in sooner, she will call me.

:( :( :(

popcornbird
10-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh Johanna. :( My heart is hurting so much, for you, for Tenny. I'm so sorry to hear this, but continue to pray for your precious furry bundle of joy. I pray that whatever is best for Tenny, and best for you, God makes it easy. I pray that Tenny still has a good number of happy, healthy years ahead of him, and I pray that God makes everything He has decreed easy for him and you, no matter what. Hugs to you.

Cinder & Smoke
10-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Well, things aren't going in the direction I had prayed for.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Maybe we're just taking a Short Detour.

NObody's giving up - we may have to Pray Harder.

Feel Better, Tenny! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

{{{HUGS}}} to Joh!

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Many more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent Tenny's way.

kimlovescats
10-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Johanna, don't give up hope!

Hugs,
Kim

Randi
10-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear this news, but hopefully Tenna can be treated, whatever it is, and have a lot more time with you.

Sending more positive thoughts.

(((((hugs)))))

jenluckenbach
10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
I am so sorry. :(
My suggestion would be to sit and consider just how aggressive of a treatment you WOULD do. If (like me with Lucas) you would not put him through certain things for an outcome much the same as the one I got, then it really doesn't matter WHAT they call it. Make him comfortable and love him every second of every day.

More prayers are on the way.

Donnaj4962
10-31-2006, 04:13 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Maybe we're just taking a Short Detour.

NObody's giving up - we may have to Pray Harder.

Feel Better, Tenny! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

{{{HUGS}}} to Joh!

We are praying harder for Tenny.

Johanna.... how is he doing today? Eating, peeing, pooping, sleeping??? Just curious. (((hugs))) from Indiana

Barbara
10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Keeping fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts!!!

Dorothy39
10-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Though-out the Day , I have had You and Tenny on my mind~

I can sense your day to day anguish, waiting for the final lab report to confirm what is going on.

I will continue to Keep my Thoughts and Prayers in order, as I'm so hoping that this can be treated safely~

Praying that you and Tenny will have many more days together.

rg_girlca
10-31-2006, 08:54 PM
Sending more prayers and positive thoughts for precious Tenny.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Still pryaing!!!!

Russian Blue
11-01-2006, 06:46 PM
So sorry Johanna - the length of time for all these tests are heartbreaking enough. :(

Sending prayers & gentle hugs your way.

Catty1
11-01-2006, 07:07 PM
More PT prayers from me and Oscar and Cole! Tenny is in wise and loving hands all around.

Miss Z
11-02-2006, 05:59 AM
I will be thinking of Tenny and hoping with all my heart that he will come through this. Lets hope some PT magic can bring good news.

Sonia59
11-02-2006, 06:43 AM
We are thinking of Tenny and we hope the best. Keeping our fingers and paws crossed.

Freedom
11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
I am just catching up on this thread. Waiting to hear GOOD news today!

ramanth
11-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Still hoping it was a boo boo and it's the "good" cancer. *hugs*

Dorothy39
11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Just checking back on this thread, Please ~ Take Your time~

We are all Praying for your Tenny :o

Donnaj4962
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Just checking in for any news, knowing that you are as anxious as everyone else. We know you will post when you can. Keeping you in my prayers. (((hugs))) from Indiana!

Terminalvelocity
11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Still hoping and praying for the very best outcome.

Cataholic
11-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Just called and the results are not in yet. I am to call back tomorrow. :(

emily_the_spoiled
11-02-2006, 02:03 PM
I am sorry. Waiting is always hard and it is even more difficult in a situation like this. :(

Cinder & Smoke
11-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Just called (November 2, 2006) and the results are not in yet.
I am to call back tomorrow. :(

:confused:

"Tomorrow" was on Friday, November 3, 2006 ...
Have you heard anything?

Remember - no matter what the report says - PT Prayers WILL Help ...
and we're all sending tons of them!

Hang In There, Tenny and Joh!!

;)

trayi52
11-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Johanna, hope the results are good. Prayer will continue.

Willie

JenBKR
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I am so sorry - I haven't been visiting the cat section much lately so I didn't read this until now. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way for dear Tenny. ((((hugs))))

catlover4ever
11-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Any more news? Still praying.....

orangemm
11-07-2006, 03:04 PM
We're praying here, too............LOTS of good prayers.

kimlovescats
11-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Praying for good news!

Hugs,
Kim

Felicia's mom 1
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Tenny is in my prayers. I have been following this but, it is my first chance to post and say how sorry I am for you.

Ally Cat's Mommy
11-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Johanna, I am SO sorry. I've been so wrapped up in my own problems that I didn't see this until now:(

Sending prayers for darling Tenny - and for you too - I know how you are feeling right now, and I wish I could do more to help.

(((HUGS)))

Julie

gini
11-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Just stopped by to see if there is an update. I'd like to send you some cyber hugs, Jo - and many scritches for Tenny.

Prayers are continuing.

Dorothy39
11-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Prayers are also continuing here for your DEAR "Tenny"~

rg_girlca
11-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Prayers still on the way for precious Tenny and ((((((HUGS)))))) for you.

Cataholic
11-09-2006, 12:23 PM
I got the bad news today. Tenny has a metastatic carcinoma. This is a pulmonary carcinoma that spreads to the skin. The doctor doesn't know where it is coming from. There will be no remission, just curative treatment, hoping to stop the progression of the nodules. This sort of cancer doesn't respond well to meds. She was willing to try something called carbo platim, or something like that. It is an injection, with usually no side effects. They do a dose once every three weeks. The predisone will continue. I will let you know how things seem to be working. Not exactly the news I was hoping for.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-09-2006, 12:26 PM
OH NO!!

Im sorry you didn't get any better news than that!

I'm still praying for you and Tenny cat! Please giver her a big hug and kiss for me!! :(

Cinder & Smoke
11-09-2006, 12:46 PM
{{{Hugs}}} and Prayers continue for both You and Tenny.

We'll hope the treatment puts a halt to the disease!

More {{{Hugs}}}.

;)

Kirsten
11-09-2006, 12:49 PM
OMG, Johanna, I'm so very sorry that I didn't see this until now!!! :(

I read the entire thread, and my heart sank with each of your updates, and I'm really sorry that it's not the type of cancer you have hoped for. Your Tenny is still too young for something like this, it makes no sense, and it is NOT fair. :(

I wish I had some words of comfort for you; I can imagine how you feel. Please hug your Tenny from me and give him headscritchies, I know he will get all the love he deserves. I wish there was something I could do for you.

I'll keep you and Tenny in my thoughts!

(((HUGS)))
Kirsten

Catty1
11-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Curative Treatment! Maybe it can't be MUCH worse - but it could be...

Tenny is still happy and all....and your vet doesn't know about all the PT prayers flowing through you and Tenny!

You know if you need ANYTHING - even some money - just ask! We are here.

Hugs to you and dear Tenny. Now you know what the enemy is - let's all gang up. ;)

Prayers continuing!

Felicia's Mom
11-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Tenny is still in my prayers.

Uabassoon
11-09-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear this bad news. I'll keep Tenny in my prayers that the treatment is able to help stop the spreading and that he feels well throughout all of this.

shais_mom
11-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh Jo - I am so sorry-
I will be thinking of you both.
if you need anything - don't hesitate to ask.

jenluckenbach
11-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Prayers that Tenny will stay as painfree as possible. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Randi
11-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to read this update. :( I hope the treatment will let you keep Tenna a while longer, and keep him comfortable.

Lots of hugs - and give Tenna some more scritchies from me.

gini
11-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Johanna, I too, was just heartsick to read your update. This is such a hard time, and I am sorry that you are going through this.

I send you some hugs of comfort.

Dorothy39
11-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Oh, I am so very sorry that you got the " very news" that you didn't want to hear :(

I am stunned, as well~ Hoping too that the carbo platim injections , along with the Prednisone, will arrest this dreaded disease.

My Thoughts and Prayers for Tenny will Never End~

{{{Hugs}}}

Freedom
11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh Joanna, Dear Tenny. Prayers are being said for both of you, and family.

smokey the elder
11-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I think carboplatin is one of the drugs Lance Armstrong was on! So don't give up hope yet. {{Hugs}} to you and Tenny!

jazzcat
11-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear the report. You and Tenny are in my thoughts and prayers.

orangemm
11-09-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this; please know that I'll continue praying for your sweet baby (and you).

(((hugs)))

kimlovescats
11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
((((((((Hugs))))))))))) Johanna! I hope the medicine will fight it off!

krazyaboutkatz
11-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry to hear this sad update.:( I sure hope that the shots will help Tenny. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are still coming your way. (((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
11-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh no! :( I'm sorry it wasn't better news (and that I haven't posted here until now - but you and he have been in my prayers) for sweet Tenny.

I'll keep him in my prayers.

Work GOOD med, WORK!!

ramanth
11-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Johanna, I'm so sorry the news isn't better. :( How is Tenny today?

catlover4ever
11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Johanna, I am so very sorry to hear about Tenny. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers for you and Tenny, Joh. :)

Logan
11-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Johanna, I am only seeing this update now. :( I'm so sorry that there isn't a brighter outcome for Tenny.

Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan

catmandu
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
[FONT=Century Gothic]The Found Cats are adding thier Prayers for thier Friend Tenney that he will be all right, and have as much love and time with his Meowmie as possible.

slick
11-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Johanna: I do come to the cat side often and read but don't often respond. I have not been here for a few days and have just now read the update news. :( I'm so sorry to hear that there is no remission and that it doesn't respond well to med.

I pray that the present meds will at least keep him comfortable and painfree for awhile.

{{{hugs}}} to you.

Sara luvs her Tinky
11-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Just wanted to send some scritches and kisses for Tenny cat!

I hope he is feeling good today !

Catty1
11-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Prayers for Tenny.

Craftlady is having great results with Reiki...you might want to check with her. I hope the med will help Tenny also. You never know!

{{{hugs}}}

krazyaboutkatz
11-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Johanna, Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.