PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown of Canada PTrs so far!

Catty1
10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
BC

binka_nugget
slick
Crazy-Cat-Lover
The Cat Factory
Bengalz
~Ginny~ (island)

AB
CagneyDog
Queen of Poop
Orangutango
Crikit
Shelteez2

SK
cali

MB
BC_MoM SK preferable S’toon

ON
Lilith Cherry
GreyhoundGirl
buttercup132
todd
catmandu
lisahumphreys882
Argranade
Blue_Frog
king2005

PEI
slleipnir

HMMM....I think ON should fly slleipnir out!

I included Catmandu, but he hasn't been "officially" put on this list. This is just for records. And I know we have a northern Canada person (Glacier) and another in Ontario (Russian Blue - who I haven't seen for a while...oh dear)

It looks like ON could band together and have a meeting!

Alberta is in a tough spot - could go to BC or to SK. Maybe both!

How about AB meeting in Saskatoon next March - and then arranging for a BC meet after that? Kelowna isn't far for me, and I have room in my car.

How do we start getting organized? BC Mom - you wanna pick the place for March break?

And you ON bunch....can you look after yourselves?

Each regional meeting could have a delegate to attend a National meeting! LOL

Poor slleipnir...how can all these people in the Atlantic Provinces NOT KNOW about Pet Talk????? Any point emailing friendly vet offices and getting them to put out the word?

king2005
10-20-2006, 01:28 PM
If Audrey can fly out here, she knows my home is open for her & her dogs.

I'll be a few blocks from her on Dec 22-Jan 1st, so if anyone else is going to the island for xmas let us know & we can all meet for a day or so. C-town is fun after a snow fall.. they plow the roads funny, so when you try to cross the road you have 3 HUGE Mt.s to climb over lol or atleast thats how they plow them on my dad's street lol

A return flight to & from PEI is under 600.00. My uncle paid under 600.00 to fly me out for Dec 22 & return Jan 1st. I can pick her up at the airport, or get one of the guys to pick her up for me. I can see the Persion airport (toronto airport) from where I work, & I live about 15-10km from it, so its easy for me to pick her up..

Also I have access to 2 cars (Chad is a G1 driver so the passenger has to be his boyfriend), so I can pick up a max of 7 people at one time from the Persion Airport. If planned ahead of time, I can get a 3rd car, so thats 4 more people I can pick up... However I can only house 1 person, as I live with 3 others & my friends don't like an over stuffed house.

So if we need to travel to a location, I can get a max of 3 cars (but will have 2 for sure) & I can move people about. I will have to ask for a little help in gas as I can't afford to gas 3 cars, but I know my friends will have no issues moving people about as they LOVE driving & meeting new people.

I will get this out of the way now as its no secret. Chad & Andrew are a gay couple so if anyone is uncomfy with that, they wont take offence (they are very understanding people) & we'll just put you in a different car.

I hope this will encourage more people to have a PT meeting here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 02:01 PM
The thing 'bout ON is everyone is so spread out. :( I know a few BCers are at least close to each other. The ONs are still quite a distance away.

P.S. BTW in case anyone cares, I'm about 5 mins away from USA and about 10 mins away from Québec. ;)

king2005
10-20-2006, 02:20 PM
The thing 'bout ON is everyone is so spread out. :( I know a few BCers are at least close to each other. The ONs are still quite a distance away.

P.S. BTW in case anyone cares, I'm about 5 mins away from USA and about 10 mins away from Québec. ;)

So thats the Prescott area? or east of Prescott?

I LOVE driving, so if people are willing to meet me at a hub (ie Brockville, at the mall where the Wal-mart use to be) I can pick them up as long as my gas is fully paid for by said people & drive them to the GTA, OR bring people from the GTA to the brockville area, or pick up more people in that area & go right to Ottawa, so Kelsey (tweetypie) & her twin can come too, as they are in Ottawa & can only meet in that area.

Another thing I don't mind doing is renting a mini van. I'll put it onto my VISA, as long as everyone chips in the rental & gas $.
My car is a good size, but if your 6' tall the back seats are NOT ideal.. under 6' you'll be comfy, same thing with the Cavalier (Chad & Andrew's Car) & the Ford Taurus (this is the maybe car)...

Chad & Andrews car is a smoking car, but the window is always down, so its not nasty inside... My car is either.. i don't smoke, so if people can't handle smoke my car is the place to be... the Ford Taurus is the same as Chad's car, smoking with window down.

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
:o I forget were Prescott is, but I've heard of it before. ( Maybe you'll guess, but I hate geographie ) I've heard of Missisauga, it's near Toronto, eh?

The closest city to my home is Cornwall. ;)

king2005
10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
:o I forget were Prescott is, but I've heard of it before. ( Maybe you'll guess, but I hate geographie ) I've heard of Missisauga, it's near Toronto, eh?

The closest city to my home is Cornwall. ;)

Mississauga is West of Toronto... its where the Peel Police are ... they are a totally different kind of Police, like the OPP, RCMP, & City Police. All have different testing & Peel is a ***** to get into lol...

I've been to Cornwall, thats due able aswell... Prescott is where the USA border is. There is also another one in Brockville (also called the thousand islands border).

I can go to Brockville as the 401 goes through it.. but I don't remember if its the 401 or the 417 that goes to Cornwall, but I can make stops along those HWYs.. Like I said as long as gas is paid, I'll drive :D

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 02:40 PM
There is a border in Cornwall, too.

king2005
10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Yikes, cornwall is further then I thought!
Still due able :P but I won't be going on the 416 (I said 417 above but thats the wrong hwy, I always get them mixed up).

Heres a route I would take.. it'll be on the 401 leaving the Toronto area going to Cornwall & then up to Ottawa
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=kanata,+ontario&daddr=cornwall,+ontario,+canada&ie=UTF8&z=9&ll=45.0774,-75.322266&spn=0.886337,1.829224&om=1

Blue_Frog
10-20-2006, 03:19 PM
I guess we need to figure out where all the ontario-ians are at, and try to pick a central venue of some sort?

I also don't mind driving - I've got an Escape, so can fit 4. I drive -a lot- ... i've put 44,000km on it already in the year and a half ive had it :o

So far, from what i can see its king2005 and myself in Mississauga, and GreyhoundGirl in Cornwall :)

Edit: Ooo... we can always meet at the Giant Apple *lol* -- i always stop there for pies on the way to Montreal!

king2005
10-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I guess we need to figure out where all the ontario-ians are at, and try to pick a central venue of some sort?

I also don't mind driving - I've got an Escape, so can fit 4. I drive -a lot- ... i've put 44,000km on it already in the year and a half ive had it :o

So far, from what i can see its king2005 and myself in Mississauga, and GreyhoundGirl in Cornwall :)

Edit: Ooo... we can always meet at the Giant Apple *lol* -- i always stop there for pies on the way to Montreal!

HEY!!! now theres a place to meet.. but where is it??
We gotta make sure the people in Cornwall & Ottawa can get there...

hehe I've only had my car since Wed & I put 369km on it already lol Its getting more on it right now lol Chad was a sweet heart & filled my car from empty to full a few mins ago *feels loved*, cause hes used most of my gas & knows I'm in the -$ cause he owes me so much $ lol You guys will LOVE Chad, hes an awesome guy!

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 03:33 PM
KING, don't come all that extra way just for me. :o Ottawa and Montreal are both an hour away from me, and I am in both of them quite frequentally, so if anyone lives in Ottawa or Montreal, I could give 'em a shout next time I'm in.

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 03:36 PM
OMG! Brain strike. We can meet in North Gower. I go there once a month for dog trials. ( :( but only in summert )

Next summer we can meet in North Gower at one of my dog shows, y'all gotta bring yer mutts, though. ;)

king2005
10-20-2006, 03:37 PM
KING, don't come all that extra way just for me. :o Ottawa and Montreal are both an hour away from me, and I am in both of them quite frequentally, so if anyone lives in Ottawa or Montreal, I could give 'em a shout next time I'm in.

If you can drive to Ottawa, then we could all meet in Ottawa :D

I think Andrew Hyden Park is a dog park or something... I just know its HUGE, never been there, but I think they do dog shows there too. SO it would be a good place to meet.. I also want to go to Ottawa, as I have friends there that I want to see... So Ottawa is a perfect place to go... I'm kinda pushing for Ottawa

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 07:14 PM
I have to go to ottawa soon, too. Very soon. Probably tommarow or sunday. I gave away my winter coat when I outgrew it last year, so now I haven't got a coat. And it's getting VERY cold.

PM me next time you'll be in Ottawa, particulerly if it's this week-end.

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
A return flight to & from PEI is under 600.00. My uncle paid under 600.00 to fly me out for Dec 22 & return Jan 1st.

Wow, I just noticed this. $600.00 to come from PEI? I've got a ticket to Paris from Montreal for $500.00. :D

slick
10-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Spring break is totally out for me for any location. I'm saving up for a trip to the UK in June and won't be able to get any time off before then. Sorry. :(

wolfsoul
10-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm in BC! :)

I'll be all over the place next year campaigning Solo. Mostly BC but I may run to Alberta if there's a specialty.

GreyhoundGirl
10-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Starting in June, we should meet at the agility fun days in North Gower. They attract the same sort of PTer crowd. ;) North Gower (for any who don't know ) is located close to Ottawa.

todd
10-21-2006, 07:12 PM
wow thats great

slleipnir
10-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I can't fly with zeke :( I find it too depressing to go places without a pet. When I went to florida/utah, I felt SO left out. I soo wish I could go visit some of you guys...

king2005
10-23-2006, 01:23 PM
I can't fly with zeke :( I find it too depressing to go places without a pet. When I went to florida/utah, I felt SO left out. I soo wish I could go visit some of you guys...

Have you ever thought of taking 2 weeks off & driving down here?? its 1000.00 each way to drive, but thats for a family of 4 & driving a large pickup truck with a camper.. so in a small car with just you & a pooch it'll be less.

I can house you for that time, or you can come down in the summer & camp all over ontario

GreyhoundGirl
10-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Have you ever thought of taking 2 weeks off & driving down here?? its 1000.00 each way to drive, but thats for a family of 4 & driving a large pickup truck with a camper.. so in a small car with just you & a pooch it'll be less.

I can house you for that time, or you can come down in the summer & camp all over ontario

:p You've got it all planned out.

king2005
10-24-2006, 06:30 AM
:p You've got it all planned out.

hehehe I've done the trip many times (now I fly to PEI yearly) & have even traveled with my old dog twice to PEI. I don't know, maybe I'll stuff her & Zeke in one of my bags & smuggle them to ONT on one of my return trips :D

slleipnir
10-26-2006, 10:50 PM

I don't have a car...:( If there was some other way I would.

Catty1
11-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I have been worn out from working too much, and just crawled back in here.

What I thought I would do is PM everyone in BC AB and SK and MB who is on a list I made, and see if we can pick a place.

I suggest we set a meeting for Spring Break in Saskatoon.

I won't bring my cats - but have lots of pics. And BCMom says there is a great dog park there.

We can split hotel costs, and they will be low season. There are a few nice but affordable hotels there.

Whadya think? Let's set date and city and go from there!

slick
11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Spring break is in March right??? I'm afraid I won't be able to take any holidays then. Even April is touch and go. :(

Catty1
11-01-2006, 10:13 PM
That's ok Slick...I know you are saving for a trip to the UK also. I'll catch up with you some time!

Hope the pain is better and you are feeling ok

hugs!

BC_MoM
11-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Anyday during spring break works for me. :) I'll be staying with my Grandparents. If I fly, I'm afraid I won't have the dogs with me - I will never let my dogs fly on a plane.

I'll try to convince my family to go down for a few days so they can drive me one way and I'll fly back. ;)

wolfsoul
11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Maybe Ashley and Jynnelle and I could all pool some gas money and make our way over. :) Would be fun!

Kalei
11-22-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm in the atlantic provinces!!!:) Don't forget about me lol! I'm in Nova Scotia~

Blue_Frog
11-22-2006, 09:59 AM
How would you guys feel about a meet-up in the spring at some kind of 'show' -- like the "Outdoor Adventure Show" at the International Center (by pearson airport) on Feb 23 - 25, 2007, or something a little farther along like the "All About Pets" show on Apr 6 - 8, 2007 .... or something else?

Its kind of hard going into winter to find something that would be pet inclusive, and since its been cold and raining for about a month and a half now everything outdoors would include frost and mud. Any ideas of things that people might like to do? For anyone interested in going to some kind of show, heres the listings ...

International Center (by the airport) Calendar - http://www.internationalcentre.com/main/events.cfm

Metro Toronto Convention Centre (on Front Street) Calendar -
http://www.mtccc.com/calendar1.cfm

Husky15
11-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Kalei and I live in Nova Scotia. There's not too many Maritimers here though it seems.