PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

JuniorxMyxLove
10-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I have one question:
When using a crop, are you supposed to hit the shoulder or like behind the saddle-ish... becuase my instructor doesn't say and Im not sure which. :confused: Thanks!

buttercup132
10-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Depends on what your using it for.

If hes doing something bad then on the shoulder
If your trying to get him to move fatser or to just go then on the rear

areias
10-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Depends on what your using it for.

If hes doing something bad then on the shoulder
If your trying to get him to move fatser or to just go then on the rear

I agree. :D It also depends on the horse too, my previous horse, if I tapped her behind my leg, especially if we were galloping or coming out of a turn on a barrel, she'd let out a little buck. I could just imagine if you were on a horse that bucks a lot and you did that...rodeo!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Okay thanks. haha he acts up alot, and he's lazy, so Ill try both the next time I ride him.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
I rode a gelding named Barney yesterday and he hated beng tapped behind my leg with the crop[I found out the hrd way] but the next time I ride Junior(lazy horse there) I'll try both ways =]

Suki Wingy
10-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Ah, the good old "beating stick!" (don't worry we don't really beat them) Solo broke my brand new purple jumping bat when I smacked him in the butt too hard. (He was being a butt just because newer riders had been letting him get away with things all week.)
Generally, it he fails to pick up the gait I'm asking in 2 strides, or if he's a liitle slow coming to a jump, I tap him on the shoulder as a wake up call. If he's continually being slow or thinking of refusing or doing something bad I smack him in the butt.