PDA

View Full Version : Where would you like to live someday?

Christiansmommy
10-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi all! Haven't been on much, baby keeps me busy. But I do read posts whenever I get a chance...just don't have much time for posting.

I thought this would be a neat idea for a thread, since we all come from all over the united states and even the world.

I thought it would be neat to post a place you would like to live in the future and maybe someone from that state/country can tell you a little about it, pros cons...stuff like that...anyway...

A couple of places hubby and I have talked about moving to in the future ( may not ever happen), but you never know...

Wyoming
Florida Keys (Key Largo specifically)

Zippy
10-19-2006, 02:20 PM
New Mexico(moving there in May 2007) :D
does any one know any thing about NM?

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Here!! I actually LOVE Washington. I love rain. But if it rains more in another state let me know! ;)

Aspen and Misty
10-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Germany! I just love the place (although I have never been) I am hopeing to go visit there this summer!!! CAN'T WAIT!!

Ashley

Suki Wingy
10-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Here's the short list:
Montanna- if I retire from the show cirtuit (dog and horse) because I'd like some nice land and some cattle
Illinois- Northern, close to where I'm at now but more rural
Iowa- the tiny town in the middle of a corn field where all my recent ancestors are burried. The population is about 5, and the town risks turning into a cornfield.
Vermont- Because it's so pretty and close to both circuits.
I'd also like to live in the UK somewhere, perhaps Scotland or south England countryside.

MajesticCollies
10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
There is no where safer a region than the Great Lakes area. I love the four seasons and couldn't be without them. I would love to have a spread next to Lake Erie here in the Buckeye State!!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I love Alberta, and will probably live here forever but I've thought out possibly moving to BC someday..

I would like to live on a few acres though. I hate living in the city.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-19-2006, 03:08 PM
I like living in Denver, and we will probably live here for at least 4 or 5 more years. I love being so close to the mountains, and I also like living in the city.

However, we do have a dream of moving to Europe, specifically to the UK, but we will have to figure out how to bring along the pets! And save up for it, it's pretty costly to move overseas.

CountryWolf07
10-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Nashville, Tennessee. :)

Rachel
10-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I always thought I would love to live in Maine, but now that I am older, a bit of a warmer climate sounds appealing - like South Carolina or Tennesee!

Donnaj4962
10-19-2006, 03:36 PM
The Fort Myers area of Florida... so I can be closer to my folks AND MY SWEETIE!

::::sigh:::: someday soon!

kuhio98
10-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Oregon coast
Maine coast
Vermont
Adelaide Australia

Logan
10-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I love it right where I am, in the foothills of the NC mountains, but yet in SC. If I moved, I would want to move to the coast of SC or NC and have a home right on the beach. I also love Tennessee, but I don't want to be so far away from the ocean.

Logan

PS. Rachel, come on down!!!!! ;) I can't think of anything that would make me happier!

flowergirl
10-19-2006, 04:24 PM
I haven't lived in NM, but i traveled through the state for about a week. I absolutley love it-one of my fav states!
Carlsbad Caverns is awesome. There is a huge natural opening and you sit and wait, then all the bats fly out for the evening-thousands of bats!
White Sands is amazing. You climb to the top of these massive sand dunes and you have a 360 degree view of beautiful mountains.

I would love to move to:
Canada - Vancouver, BC
or The US West Coast

Laura's Babies
10-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I love it where I am and I am afraid if I moved away, I would miss it to bad...

Argranade
10-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Maybe ill travel but live anywhere else...nope I like Canada it rocks!

Pam
10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I always thought I would love to live in Maine, but now that I am older, a bit of a warmer climate sounds appealing - like South Carolina or Tennesee!

Rachel, I'm with you on that! I'd love to move south. You can add North Carolina or even Georgia to that list. Logan, make room for two more! LOL!

Glacier
10-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Down the highway from where I am now! Actually right around where I found Delta after his great escape. Preferably on about 20 acres(hubby wants a quarter section), with huge fenced areas for the dogs and trail access from the yard. If I can't move out there, I'm staying right where I am for good.

k9krazee
10-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I'd love to move to Montana or New Mexico, my two favorite states, but in all reality I'll probably never leave Michigan. I do like it here for the most part.

luvofallhorses
10-19-2006, 08:09 PM
hehe, 2 people said Montana and that's where I live. :p I guess I have learned to love Montana, but I'd love to go live in Colorado, Washington, or Nevada, or Idaho. I have been to all of them that I listed. but they always say when you live in Montana and you leave again..you're bound to be back in Montana someday. ;) Montana is really beautiful, and I hope to live in the country someday with horses. :)

zippy-kat
10-19-2006, 08:23 PM

What would you like to know? I live in NM.

I don't really see myself out of the southwest (NM or west Texas). I love it out here! There are many places I'd like to visit but the sw is "home."

Christiansmommy, I went to Wyoming for a horse show and just fell in love with the place. It is GORGEOUS!

cmayer31
10-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Although it would be tough to leave the Ocean, I think I'd be happy anywhere with mountains, some snow during the winter, and a lot of property. I've never been east of Utah for more than a week at a time, so I'm kind of fond of the west.

Chilli
10-19-2006, 08:38 PM
I've always liked the thought of Colorado... we were supposed to move there this year, but plans were changed. I might find myself living there someday. :D
I've never actually thought about where I want to live someday... I want snow, thats all I know.

wolf_Q
10-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't think I could live anywhere without mountains. Honestly I like Utah. If I had my choice I would still live here, but there's some cities I would choose over my current city, and I'd love to have at least an acre...Nebo would love that.

Karen
10-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Further out into the woods! We're in a nice neighborhood with trees behind us, instead of other houses, but this is the city nonetheless.

Daisy and Delilah
10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Maine, Tennessee, or North Carolina :)

carole
10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Well i only want to ever live in New Zealand, but visiting other countries yes would love to go back to the land of my birth Scotland, and i have a thing about Canada. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Chicago.....

or most any place in Europe.....

caseysmom
10-19-2006, 11:24 PM
The northern California Coast, I just love the laid back towns and atmosphere...its sort of hippie ish...it takes me back to my youth I guess. Plus I just LOVE the ocean, I am having serious withdrawels because I haven't been there for so long.

K9karen
10-20-2006, 12:56 AM
I fall in love with every new place I go. But I think I'm too much of a scaredy person to leave "home sweet home", plus, as much as I hate the cold, I do love the 4 seasons.

But, I LOVE San Diego, the people, the climate, everything.
I also love Colorado and would love to visit the Rockies, I'd handle the cold if I had a farm (yes, me). Hmm. I love Canada and Australia.... maybe I'll become a gypsy.

cloverfdx
10-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Daylesford, Victoria, Australia - Hopefully in the next 12 - 18 months this will be happening :D.
Sydney, Australia.

Thats all realy... well that is going to/ might happen.

catnapper
10-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I love living where I am, but I always felt if I were to move, it would be up towards New England, or maybe all the way over to England! :D

Hubby is dying to move South which will never happen unless my internal thermostadt resets itself - I'm always hot when our house is above 62 degrees!

mugsy
10-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Northern Wisconsin:

Black River Falls
Ashland
Hayward

Randi
10-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I think I could get used to live in Henley on Thames area, Oxfordshire quite easily. ;)

Queen of Poop
10-20-2006, 12:54 PM
I'd like to move a little farther north and be Glaciers neighbor.

pitc9
10-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Wahhhh... No one wants to move to OHIO?!? :eek: :confused:
But Why??
LOL!!!

I do love where I live, I could never be without the changing seasons or be away from my family, but I would love to live in Alaska.

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Russia.

I love the (Russian) dancing and it would be great to finally talk to some people who I could talk to without a translating dictionairy by my side :p , they would also probably have some great stories to tell.

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 02:47 PM
P.S. No chance of any PT meetings in Russia, are there??????? :p :D

Pembroke_Corgi
10-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Russia.

I love the (Russian) dancing and it would be great to finally talk to some people who I could talk to without a translating dictionairy by my side :p , they would also probably have some great stories to tell.
Вы говорите на русском языке? :)

iamgobsmacked
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
A freind of mine that I met on the eBay Katrina Disaster Board has just gone back to Louisiana. I just love the whole NOLA area. All the swamps and water, the foliage, the heat. Give it to me. Winter is coming and I hate it!

GreyhoundGirl
10-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Вы говорите на русском языке? :)

Srry, I just noticed someone responded to me.

OF COURSE ! And I love it.

Personally, I think I am the smartest person in the world for learnning it. :D It was VERY worth it. Now I write all my diarys and journals in it, it's my first language, but my brother (15) never bothered to learn it. SO he cannot read any of my privats stuff, because I write it all in Russian ! Muh ha ha ha. Never again shall he invade my privacy.

Now I have a question for you. Вы говорите на русском языке, или Вы переводили это онлайн?

BTW: If you try to translate that online, you will probably get the wrong question, I have checked out a lot of the popular translators, you would be very surprised at just how many mistakes the programs can make. ;) :p

cloverfdx
10-20-2006, 10:39 PM
The main St of where i want to live (Daylesford, Australia).

iamgobsmacked
10-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Either you speak Russian, or you use a translation online.

carole
10-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Actually on giving it some thought there are two places I would like to at least try living there for a while Provo utah, except when its winter and there is snow there, brr too cold and San Diego, been to both and loved these places so much. :)

Barbara
10-24-2006, 07:30 AM
On the Oregon coast, e.g. Bandon or a place like that. And I would like an old redwood house please :D

Joannie
10-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Any place that has trees and water and mountains.