PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #182-I'm Back

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey guys!
Sorry it took so long to get back to the bar! Let's see it's almost lunchtime so how about a couple of lasagnes to start off with one with meat one without and some salad and homemade bread. And for dessert some tiramasu! I need some suggestions for a good DOTD. I also made some coffee that doesn't taste like it was made for the space program.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! to everyone for your prayers and listening to LH vent he needed it. So as LH said, they did blood work and didn't find anything, and what he didn't tell you was they also did a CAT scan and they didn't find anything with that. It wasn't until we requested the second opinion that they decided to do a Billiary Scan and found out what had happened, so then they put in a shunt to re-direct the bile to where it was suppose to go, in order for the gall bladder duct to heal up. In three weeks I have to go back to get the shunt removed supposedly that's not as bad as getting it put in but we'll see.

So who wants Lasagne! :D

RedHedd
10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Lasagne for breakfast? I'll pass for now. Another cuppa that coffee will be just fine.

But now it's MY turn. I'm having surgery tomorrow. It's an in-and-out thing for a hernia repair. Surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a.m.; I have to be there by 7:15 and my friend will come pick me up at 11:30. Yes, they are going to knock me out so nothing to eat or drink for me tonight after midnight, but until then .... let's party!

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Red Hedd
Cup of Coffee…DONE!

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I hope yours turns out better than mine did.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Welcome Back!!!

No coffee for me, just a big cup of hot choclate with tons of marshmallows, please?

Mario, come back here with the bag of marshmallows!!!
:eek: stop throwing them you rascal!!! :D

Corinna
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
glad to see you back.jen . good luck reddhead! sorry so short trying to type with grandbaby on one leg. she has a nasty cold that she decided to share with me.

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Moff, Hot Cocoa with tons of mini marshmellow …DONE!

Corinna, here's some medicine for you and that grandbaby for the cold.

How about some fresh baked cookies to go with that hot cocoa?

Lady's Human
10-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Jen,

It's a good thing that this is a virtual bar, otherwise I'd be beating you back to the couch!

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Good to see you back LOH! That was not a pleasant experience you had! I can't believe that you are up and about and making lasagne! I'll take some, with salad and bread and a glass of red wine please!

Good luck tomorrow RedHedd! We will be with you!

RICHARD
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Can we just get rid of the fact that people need sir jury, period?

Hi guys.....

...Glad to see you back LOH, LH was moping around here worried about you!

Redd...

Do it once and then get better, OK?

DONE!

Corrina, four hands are better than one?

Feel better, OK?

Hi KK,

IT's probably dinner time over in your time zone....But I love lasagna anytime anywhere....I'm next in line.

------------------

I want to apologize to everyone for not being around....after a few weeks of just hanging out and not doing anything, I am getting my stride back...

I was kind of bitter for losing my job-not the real bitterness of the psycho class....just a little hurt and lost....I feel tons better now and ready to take on the world...

Plus I am catching up on 30 years of waking up early!!

Lets party?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
How about some fresh baked cookies to go with that hot cocoa?
Ah, fresh baked cookies - my favorite vegetable!!! ;)

Count me in!!! :D

Hi, Richard, glad to see you!!! :D

Logan
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Happy Thursday, everyone! :)

LOH, I'm so glad you are doing better. We were worried about you!!!!

Reddhead, I hope that your hernia surgery went ok today. I've had an outpatient procedure done for that, too. It will take a few days to feel better, but hopefully you will be 100% soon.

Richard, I had no idea you lost your job. :o I'm sorry I haven't kept up. Your attitude sounds great! I'm glad you're back!

Cheers to all of you. I'm off to go watch my daughter in her last regular season volleyball game. It is an important match tonight. Cross your fingers for her and her team, please!!!

Logan

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Fingers crossed for Helen! Let us know how she gets on, OK?

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
LH, sorry I'm feeling just a little pent up from being forced to be a couch potato for the last two weeks.

Richard from what I understand he was doing more than moping. More like moping and gnashing teeth, I think he gave Orc a run for his money.

How about we break into the tiramisu I want something sweet for dessert.

All right I'm about to freak everyone out. Can you believe there's less than 10 weeks till Christmas? :eek:

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2006, 05:07 PM
I have all my cards ready for the PT Christmas card swap!!! :D :D :D

lizbud
10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Howdy Y'all,

LOH it's good to see you're back & feeling a lot better. :) Redhedd,
good luck for the surgery tomorrow.

It's a cold, damp & dreary day here in Indy & I'd love a cup of coffee with
a splash of Baileys please. No food as I've already chowed down on sloppy
joes for supper.

Killearn Kitties
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
:confused: And sloppy Joe's would be what exactly??? mutter mutter mutter - the things you people eat! Grits, Miracle Whip, sloppy Joe's - incomprehensible stuff! I'll join you in a good coffee though!

Lady's Human
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
KK,

Sloppy Joes are ground meat in sauce on a bun. They're literally sloppy, but they are good! :D

I'll join you in a coffee and bailey's, Liz. It's a slow night at work, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. (I'm a tech, which translates into sitting around drinking coffee waiting for machinery or computers to die, then fixing them)

This is two slow nights in a row, and that just does't happen without something very ugly breaking to make up for the quiet time.

lizbud
10-19-2006, 06:02 PM
:confused: And sloppy Joe's would be what exactly??? mutter mutter mutter - this things you people eat! Grits, Miracle Whip, sloppy Joe's - incomprehensible stuff! I'll join you in a good coffee though!

Oh, shame on me Karen. :o Just after I had already posted, I did realise
that not everyone might understand that term. Glad LH filled you in on the
sloppy joe term. They are very tasty, but practically require a bib to eat
them. :)

LH, I used to have a job very similar to what you are doing. The long
boring hours were taken up by crossword puzzles & good reading material. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2006, 06:17 PM
:confused: And sloppy Joe's would be what exactly??? mutter mutter mutter - this things you people eat! Grits, Miracle Whip, sloppy Joe's - incomprehensible stuff! I'll join you in a good coffee though!

Perhaps we should serve some marmite? black pudding? soldiers?? Bangers and mash? or some.........haggis! :D :D ;) :p :D

RICHARD
10-19-2006, 06:18 PM
http://southernfood.about.com/od/sloppyjoes/

The recipe...

Karen,

Exactly what is haggis? :D

lizbud
10-19-2006, 06:44 PM
http://southernfood.about.com/od/sloppyjoes/

The recipe...

Karen,

Exactly what is haggis? :D

Richard,

You don't want to know, trust me. :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2006, 06:57 PM
It is normally made with the following ingredients: sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver, and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally boiled in the animal's stomach for approximately an hour. It somewhat resembles stuffed intestines.

Haggis is traditionally served with "neeps and tatties"....

:D :eek: :D

Poor Karen is sleeping and unable to offer any defense!
:p :p

RedHedd
10-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Can we just get rid of the fact that people need sir jury, period?
Redd...

Do it once and then get better, OK?

DONE!
Lets party?

DONE! I wish! However, next week I see my eye doctor and we're going to discuss cataract sir jury. I have so many seams in me from all my cancer surgeries, what's one or two more? :p

RedHedd
10-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Haggis is traditionally served with "neeps and tatties".... Are we allowed to say that here? :p

RICHARD
10-20-2006, 03:24 AM
:eek:
Are we allowed to say that here? :p

The thread hasn't disappered yet!

Thank you ES,

I just wanted KK to admit it comes from her neighborhood.

For the record...

I love menudo.....the food, not the band...

Bring on the Vegemite.... :eek:

DONE!

Pawsitive Thinking
10-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Perhaps we should serve some marmite? black pudding? soldiers?? Bangers and mash? or some.........haggis! :D :D ;) :p :D

Should we introduce them to the delights of faggots.........

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Oh I really don't think you can say that on an American website. It gets somewhat "lost in translation"!

Yes, the Scots have given the world many wonderful things, including haggis! ;) :D It is relatively recently that people in rich countries have become squeamish about what they eat. A couple of centuries back, I’m sure you would all have been very excited if I turned up in the bar with a haggis. You can get wimpy haggis encased in plastic, and also vegetarian haggis.

Pawsitive Thinking
10-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Oh I really don't think you can say that on an American website. It gets somewhat "lost in translation"!

Good point!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_%28food%29)

(for anyone who may be confused or offended)

Edwina's Secretary
10-20-2006, 09:23 AM
:eek:

The thread hasn't disappered yet!

I love menudo.....the food, not the band...

My father's favorite! Tripe soup.....I tried it once as someone insisted it a great hangover remedy.....

Corinna
10-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Just stopping by to grab a DLC need to get house cleaned . freind coming over to make our version of the vetrans wall using photos we took at the local Vetrans home. We are going to raise money to buy items they need and aren't provided at the home.
I'll check in later. PU what is that horrible smell? OMG not Haggis again !!!! Later after you guys air this place out. Maybe I'll have to come back and make fried fish. got some nice cod in Washington the other day.
Mario no!! thats not a football to throw it's food (sort of) !!!!

gini
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
My intent was to drop by the bar for breakfast...........but the smells from all of the sloppy joes, haggis and tripe, not to mention the menudo has sent me running.

Come on Mario - let's go across the street.

(LOH, you were missed and we worried about you - very glad to see you here)

RH - thinking about you this morning - we are planning your return party right now.

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2006, 11:26 AM
RH - thinking about you this morning - we are planning your return party right now.
Yeah, we've got the food on! :D :D

slick
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I called RedHedd last night and wished her well for today. She sounded really upbeat and positive and we shared many laughs. I asked her to check in when she gets home today. Hopefully, the drugs will allow her to do that. ;) :D

I have a doc's appt at 11:15 today to go over some stuff, then it's lunch with the girls at work, then it's off to my Mom's to drop something off, then to the grocery store, then home. Well, that's the plan anyway.....we'll see how much energy I have left after lunch. So I'll pass on breakfast for now.

For supper, I'll expect some tripe soup to start, followed by some haggis and neeps with a side order of faggots (the food, people, the food.....). No dessert for me please and hopefully this won't get this thread deleted. :D :D

Have a happy weekend everyone and let's just say a wonderful

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MZ STACI!

RICHARD
10-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Good point!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_%28food%29)

(for anyone who may be confused or offended)

Being interested in words and the double entendre, I loved the line in the Brit movies.

"Hey mate, can you spare/ya got a faggot!"

"right here in my pocket!" :D

Hi slick,

Glad to see you around!

Yes my email addy is good!

--------------------

VEGGIE HAGGIS?

NOw, what vegetable has a stomach? ;)

Prayers for RH.....

Corrina a DLC...DONE!

ES,

so what happened afterwards?

Edwina's Secretary
10-20-2006, 01:31 PM
ES,

so what happened afterwards?

Stories of my misspent youth are best not told in such a public forum... :D ;) :D

RedHedd
10-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I called RedHedd last night and wished her well for today. She sounded really upbeat and positive and we shared many laughs. I asked her to check in when she gets home today. Hopefully, the drugs will allow her to do that. ;) :D
I'm home, on drugs (Percoset for now, Vicodin for when that wears off) in an hour or so. A small piece of gauze taped to my abdomen and very little pain.

Great docs at the surgi-center and a really nice nurse-assistant who helped us get my girlfriend's car out of the parking lot. Some lughead parked right behind her and it took about 10 minutes of creative manipulation to get out of the spot.

My girlfriend has an antique store and I cracked up when I saw the orange cone in her back seat - she uses it so she can park wherever when she's loading and unloading stock. I immediately thought of Pet Talk but really couldn't explain, especially whilst on drugs! :eek: :D

Oh, and Slick I did vacuum last night and shaved today, but didn't do any braiding :p

I'm going to pass on the haggis, menudo and faggots - saw one walking down the street, but in my neighborhood, that's normal. :D Just a Little soup and tea and I'm going to go lie down and let the fur kids nurse me.

gini
10-20-2006, 02:54 PM
A lovely pot of tea and some soup coming right up! Rest now - today's events are behind you and we have a party planned for you later on!

(braiding??? Oh, I know, I shouldn't ask!!)

Killearn Kitties
10-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Excellent news RedHedd! You may not want to eat any haggis, but careful you are not hit by one! Corinna seems to be encouraging Mario to use one as a missile!

Ha! I knew those haggii would bring Slick our of hiding! Good luck with that busy programme of events.

Corinna
10-20-2006, 05:05 PM
hey I told him not to use it as one. does any one want deep fried cod i got it all ready along with deep fried tater wedges. if this gets a little strange Charity is on my lap helping grammypet talk. She is at the octapus stage all hands every where.
glad all the invilaids on here are getting better. happy healing all.

gini
10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Friday - boy, I have been looking at the clock all day - isn't it time to leave yet????? :(

Just dropped in to see how everyone is doing - and hoping like crazy that all of that strange food is GONE! Mario? What? You fed it to the ORC?

Ha! Perfect!

A Sloppy Joe - I haven't had one of those in years -

It is past five o'clock here - (barely) - but I would just love a large slushie!

Richard?

Have a great weekend everyone.

RedHedd
10-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Whoo Boy! Vicodin GOOD! :D :p I don't know what it is with me, but when I'm sick I like to cook; heck, I love to cook anyway, but I get more creative when I'm not feeling well. Cooking on drugs is something else, but still fun. :D The cats are smart and are staying out of the kitchen.

Homemade Spanish rice, seared Ahi and steamed green beans for dinner. I better not have a slushie while on these drugs cuz that might get me experimenting with attempting to cook some haggis & neeps! :eek:

RICHARD
10-20-2006, 10:59 PM
It is past five o'clock here - (barely) - but I would just love a large slushie!

Richard?

Have a great weekend everyone.

One slushie,
DONE!

RH,

I'll trade you a frozen slushie for some ahi...

ES,

Gotcha...

Corrina,

Charity begins at home! ;)

KK,

And all this time I thought it was one of those medicine balls that hit me! :rolleyes:

slick
10-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Good morning everyone! I apologize for not being to the bar until now.....been trying to recover and spending lots of time napping and enjoying some kitty purrtherapy. I have to be careful because I sleep in until 9am every morning and when I go back to work I have to be up at 7am. My body and Max are going to be in shock. :eek:

So, since I've just rolled out of the sack and my eyes are still full of sleep, I'll need help over to the couch. I'm starving so a big rancher's breakfast is in order today. I've brought along some Canadian bacon and some Baileys for those who want a "little something" to kickstart the morning.

RH: hope you are back to normal by now....whatever normal is. Aren't drugs wonderful??? I could stay on them forever. :eek: :D Then again, that means I wouldn't be able drink. Hmmm, I'll have to rethink that.

Chauncey: Nice to see you back here. I hear you are enjoying the life of leasure. PM me your email address OK?

Hello to everyone else and happy Sunday!