PDA

View Full Version : Car Sickness

flowergirl
10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Daisy gets sick practically every time she is in the car. Even when it is evening and she hasn't eaten since breakfast. I was hoping she would grow out of this (Penny got car sick as a pup but no longer does), but I don't think this is the case for Daisy.

She seems loves car rides. She does not seem nervous at all. Pokes her head out of the window for fresh air and to watch what is going on. But, she gets sick, whether she is in the front or back.

I know they make medication for motion sickness for dogs. I've found a few products online. I've also heard a bit of vanilla ice cream before the trip. Has anyone used any of these products? I would love any suggestions or comments.

Thank you!

luvofallhorses
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM
If she gets sick, reduce how many car rides she gets. :)

Ginger's Mom
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
My Ginger always got car sick it didn't matter how far we went, when she ate, or whether she could see out the windows or not see. We tried Benadryl (as recommended by the Vet) and ginger (as recommended by our dog trainer). Nothing worked. One day the coordinator for a local rescue group came over with a dog bed with approximately 3-inch sides (it was just big enough for her to lie down in) and suggested that I try that to give her a sense of security. :) It worked. She still slobbers and foams in the car, but she no longer actually gets sick.

elizabethann
10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Would it help if she sat in the front seat?

I took my sister's puppy to the beach year's ago. Everything was well until I went to park the car. I smelled dog food. I looked out back and Sabbie had puked all over the back seat.

Good luck with your car sickness.

MajesticCollies
10-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Try giving her a few Ginger snaps before a ride. Ginger suppose to calm the stomach.

flowergirl
10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Try giving her a few Ginger snaps before a ride. Ginger suppose to calm the stomach.

Are those cookies? I'll have to look at the grocery store. Thanks for the suggestion.