PDA

View Full Version : Riddick went to his new home tonight *UPDATE* & question

Catty1
10-18-2006, 09:02 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=114761

A big, warm shed, like a farm tractor shed. He'll still enjoy his independence, have a buddy, and when he gets used to being at his new place, will be let into the yard supervised so he won't try and trace his way back.

He'll be fed and patted twice a day! (Knowing HIM, he'll MUG Donna for affection!)

I gave him a good holding and cuddle before I put him in the carrier. Even though he meowed, he rubbed his soft furry cheeks against the finger I could get in there. We waited in the front hall of the building for his new mom to come by after she finished work. I put the carrier on top of the radiator for a while. He liked that!

No panic. He did get quiet, and likely was lying down while I went to get my mail.

Donna came and got him - she put the carrier in the back seat of the car, and secured it with the shoulder and lap belt!

I had bought a small bag of dry food, and had two really nice food bowls that I had.

I felt kind of sad and worried...but glad he won't be hiding from the slush and the snow! Beautiful boy.

One last thing: My upstairs neighbour Trevor has been involved in helping Riddick. I had called him to make sure my plans weren't crossing anything he was planning. Trev was SO glad to hear that Riddick had a good place to go.

He told me a story about Riddick: One day he was driving to work, and went past the house just next door to our building. Riddick and the black and white cat (Lilith, very territorial!) were fighting. Then L's owner, Jan, came out of the house. Riddick saw her and IMMEDIATELY left the fight and went over to make nice and rub legs and be cute.

Trevor broke up laughing. Lilith was still in fight position:"What? Hey! Get back here! We had something happening!"

If Riddick can pour it on like that, he will be fine. Little con guy!

I miss him and hope he didn't belong to anyone...but it seems he didn't.

Bless those in the neighbourhood that did feed him and let him in when they could. He is in marvellous shape for being on his own for 4 years.

:(

See you soon, Riddick!

kimlovescats
10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Wonderful ... I'm glad your friend seems happy to have him, and he will have a safe, warm home. I sure hope she does spend time loving on him often though, since he is such an affectionate boy!

Catty1
10-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Don't worry, Kim - HE will love on HER! LOL

And I will visit and cuddle him a lot.

She has about 6 cats in her house. All clean and quirky and very much themselves!

BC_MoM
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm glad you got him a new home. I know you made the right choice of home! :D

I hope we get to see some pictures of Riddick occassionally!

K & L
10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a wonderful home for Riddick!

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear that he found his loving forever home.:)

catmandu
10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
That sounds like a win win situation for you and Riddick, and its a lot better than taking him to a shelter.
We hope that he loves his New Furr Ever Home, as The Pet Angels may party there one day.

Laura's Babies
10-19-2006, 09:36 AM
GOOD LUCK at your new forever home Riddick!

Catty1
10-19-2006, 12:02 PM
I mean, it was only the first night - I MISS this little guy! I wish I lived in a bigger place, or with a yard and non-condo rules crap...

Tell me this sounds normal and he will be ok! :( Maybe I should have just taken him and dealt with three cat stress! :(
Hi Candace,

Riddick is not happy in fact quite pissed off this morning. He spent the night in the little heated room surrounded by "other" cat smells and Daddy was in the rest of the shop. This morning I switched them around - giving Riddick a chance to explore the shop without Daddy in it. He can't get out so don't worry. He has a sack of food, litter, and water and lots of choices of where to sleep, there are even a few windows (that do not open) for him to look out of. I'll let you know what happens when he and Daddy do meet.

Hugs, Donna

PS: "Daddy" is the other neutered male in the shed...and it's a cat, not her male housemate! :D

emily_the_spoiled
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
He actually sounds like he is doing better than some of my guys when I brought them home. I have a pair of brothers that hid in the closet for the first few days. I knew they came out because they left "deposits" in the litter box :rolleyes: . Once they were out, one of them (Newton) hid under my bed for the first few months and only came out when I was not home.

He will do just fine...

Freedom
10-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Just found this thread. Sounds like Riddick has the best location for a cat like him! He just needs to get adjusted a bit. Glad to hear the second male is also neutered.

If he shows up on your doorstep AGAIN, well, then you know he is picking YOU.

By the way if/when you move, check into local ordinances first. Cranston RI passed a new law over the summer, maximum 3 cats per household! Here in East Providence, we have a limit of 3 dogs, but no limit on cats. When we strted traveling back and forth to my Dad's house, I checked with their laws, too. They, um, definitely don't allow SEVEN cats in one household! Good thing we just "visit!"

Laura's Babies
10-19-2006, 04:04 PM
It's great that she is keeping you updated. Hopefully he will settle in and get use to his new surroundings.

orangemm
10-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I hope Riddick settles in...but it is still early on, so time will tell. It sounds like the perfect place for him, much better than living on his own.

(I'd be missing him, too. Don't second-guess your decision, it was the right thing to do)

Dorothy39
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
If this arrangement just doesn't PAN out, You are destine to deal with three cat (heaven) stress, and the Condo crap!!!

I do hope that Riddick can settle into this new lease on life, you'll just have to wait it out and see.

Keep us Posted Please!!!!!