PDA

View Full Version : I'm not part boarding Buddy any more :(

buttercup132
10-17-2006, 08:31 PM
The lady who owns him called today and said her other horse cant be ridden anymore and she wants to get to know Buddy more and go up as much as she can etc. So she said she wants no more part boarders...
This is the second time shes taken away a horse I really bonded with.
I'm really crushed, I loved that horse so much and he reminded me so much of my boy Trigger. Theres another place just down the road where Rowdy is and I'm sure they are willing to let me and my mom part board (for next to nothing ) and let us ride when ever we want. But I think I'm going to take a break for the winter (seeing as it is super cold for riding and not as enjoyable) And start going there in the spring.

I cant belive she did this to me though. After being through all those horses with her and the problems shes had with the barn owner and now shes just dumping me. Not to mention I dont think I'll be able to see Trigger again because I dont know where the place is.
(I guess I can always ask)

Sorry for the rant but I'm really upset, I hate falling in love with a horse and getting attached just to be dropped back down again...:(

(sorry Karen if I posted this in the wrong catagory it wasnt fully about animals)

Tralee
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry you can't lease him anymore. Did you have any sort of lease agreement? If you lease another horse I would make an agreement that has the terms of the lease etc... Good luck

A few months ago I was looking at a horse to buy and I really liked him. Threre was another woman who was interested in him as well. The owner said she would wait untill I came to ride him before making any final decisions. I was planning on going the next day. I got an e-mail while I was getting ready to leave saying the other woman was going to buy him. I was so upset and angry. I had finally made the decision to sell Tralee in order to buy this horse. We had gone a week earlier to meet him but it was raining so I didn't ride him, the owner told us she didn't think the other woman was a good match for him. She thought she was too timid and unexperienced. But I guess all she cares about is who gives her the money first. I actually found the woman who bought him's blog and she is in love with him and they are doing great. I can say I'm still a little bit jealous. But I do really love my horse.

buttercup132
10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks, I think I'll still keep a look out for other horses too though. I really want to part board a Arabian.

areias
10-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Aww, thats really too bad. I'm sorry for you. :(

In all honesty, if I was you, I would look to lease through a riding stable. IMHO, a lot of times when a single owner is leasing a horse, it's usually until she can find someone to buy it or until she has enough time herself.

Riding stables actively look to lease out horses, a lot of times because the horse can be used in some lessons every now and then, but they can still make money off it by leasing.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-18-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm sorry. How sad! I wouldn't lease any more horses from her...hopefully you can find someone more trustworthy to lease a horse with.

Suki Wingy
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
I hate falling in love with a horse and getting attached just to be dropped back down again...:(

I know EXACTLY how that feels, it's happened to me several times. :( :mad:

Argranade
10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Yep that just sucks, hopefuly you can get a better place to ride in the spring.