PDA

View Full Version : Update on my tattoo

buttercup132
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Well I went to book the appointment today but then my dad saw the tattoo I wanted and said it looked stupid:rolleyes:

I just finished watching the movie Memoires of a Geisha and eally liked it and like the chinese culture alot more now and I found this tattoo. Im either going to put a dressage horse in the word or a pittie or Great Dane. And the word will probly be love. ( And this one was approved of)

http://tattoo.about.com/library/graphics/tigersymbol.jpg

Giselle
10-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool, but one REALLY big problem - geisha are Japanese. :p

buttercup132
10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Cool, but one REALLY big problem - geisha are Japanese. :p:o Err I ment Japanese really lol.

flamepony12
10-17-2006, 08:51 PM
hahah yes, the story takes place in Japan & geishas are Japanese. But for some reason, all of the actors in that movie are Chinese! :o

buttercup132
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
hahah yes, the story takes place in Japan & geishas are Japanese. But for some reason, all of the actors in that movie are Chinese! :oI honestly cant tell the difference by thier looks or writting. I bet people from those countries think the same about American and Canadians (cant tell the difference of them either).
But I do like thier writting I think its very artistic and I think the little girl in the movie is adorable.

Tralee
10-17-2006, 09:00 PM
Japanese have three alphabets, Kanji, Katakana, and Hiragana. Kanji uses Chinese characters and there are over 10,000 characters.

I like your idea for the tattoo!

flamepony12
10-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I honestly cant tell the difference by thier looks or writting. I bet people from those countries think the same about American and Canadians (cant tell the difference of them either).
But I do like thier writting I think its very artistic and I think the little girl in the movie is adorable.

I think Japanese writing is a bit more artistic looking, in my opinion :)

BC_MoM
10-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I loved the movie Memoirs of a Geisha! :)

Nice choice for a tattoo - hope ya get it!

Giselle
10-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Chinese:
我爱你 = I love you

Japanese:
私は愛する = I love you

I used an electronic dictionary to translate the Japanese part but I know the Chinese sentence is correct. Japanese characters are much more curvier and rounded. They're also much simpler in terms of how many strokes there are per word. I thought it was also interesting to note how similar "love" is in both languages ;)

buttercup132
10-18-2006, 06:20 AM
:confused: They both are just boxes.

Suki Wingy
10-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm not so big on foreign words for tattoos but I do like the idea. I like the tiger a lot. I'm thinking of getting a variation of this airbrush tat stencil on centered on my upper back (below the neck)
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/Oslobunn/290.jpg
I also think I want a cougar somewhere.

buttercup132
10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not so big on foreign words for tattoos but I do like the idea. I like the tiger a lot. I'm thinking of getting a variation of this airbrush tat stencil on centered on my upper back (below the neck)
I also think I want a cougar somewhere.That would look really cool!

pnance
10-18-2006, 11:36 PM
I also think I want a cougar somewhere.

Nice picture, but I'll warn you it will probably be fairly large. I just had a tatoo of a tiger done a few months ago. Because of where I put it I needed something smaller so just went for the head. I had a few options that I went in with, but the artist told me because of the detail on the tiger it's difficult to get a small good one. I have to admit he knew what he was talking about, I did colored so it looks almost real.

Giselle
10-19-2006, 12:01 AM
:confused: They both are just boxes.
Your computer can't read the characters. I'm not sure how to work around that, but maybe some other computer saavy person will know?

BC_MoM
10-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Hope this is alright:

Lilith Cherry
10-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Using IE? Go to View on the tool bar click and on the drop down list click on encoding; on this list click on Chinese Simplified and it will show what Giselle wrote in Chinese.

buttercup132
10-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Nice picture, but I'll warn you it will probably be fairly large. I just had a tatoo of a tiger done a few months ago. Because of where I put it I needed something smaller so just went for the head. I had a few options that I went in with, but the artist told me because of the detail on the tiger it's difficult to get a small good one. I have to admit he knew what he was talking about, I did colored so it looks almost real.Ya but if its that big and just the outline like it is (and not much detail like it has right now) then she will be fine, some of the dots for his whiskes on his face wont be able to be done and some of the lines on the tiger. I had to have some details taken out of my first one because I wanted it a certain size too.

Thanks Jess I can that. I think I like the chinese better now that I see the difference.

Suki Wingy
10-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Do you think the size the tiger is now is too small to do the details? I just want black.
I can't wait to see the finished version of yours, Alicia!

Argranade
10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Ya that one does look better, hope ya get it.

buttercup132
10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Do you think the size the tiger is now is too small to do the details? I just want black.
I can't wait to see the finished version of yours, Alicia! You might want to go a little bigger or you might loose some lines.

buttercup132
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
:o One little problem , I dont know what that word means!!
I looked up other words and they wont work (they are all too spaced)