PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it!

jenluckenbach
10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Read this (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=1638139&postcount=36)

Leda IS being adopted!!!!!!!

kimlovescats
10-17-2006, 07:11 PM
See ... PT prayers DO work for you!!!! :D

Keep the Faith!

HUGS,
Kim :)

catmandu
10-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Thats Such Great News Jen, And Yet Another Gold Star Beside Your Name In The Pet Guardians Hall Of Fame.
Concatualtions From All Of Us In The Found Cats Hotel!!!!

Laura's Babies
10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
The timming is right, NOW!!!!! When do they pick her up?

jenluckenbach
10-17-2006, 07:58 PM
A little more of the story:

The concern the lady had was about "litter box habits." Upon my observation, Leda missed the box sometimes. Not because she goes outside, but because she allows her butt end to hang over the side of lower boxes. I (of course) mentioned this to them when I first spoke to them. I ALWAYS "tell it like it is"!!! But the lady took this to mean that Leda would potty around the house. I assured her that with a deeper or covered box, she should have no problems.

So they met her.

She, of course, was as scared as I knew she would be. :( I had her in the cage (so she didn't hide under the sofa). And she huddled and growled. :(

WE all talked (A LOT!) and Ipicked her up and let her into the room. She huddled by the door wanting to get out. :(

But I sat by her, petted her and we talked more.

The man tried to pet her....OK.... but also tried to hold her.....didn't last long. (LOL)

So I held her so the lady could pet her.

They will need to shop for all of her things as they have not had a pet in years. I will deliver her to her new home this Sunday and make sure she settles in. I will also be getting her back at thankgiving for a week while they vacation. (they don't think she would react well to a stranger pet sitting).

If she can manage her first 2 weeks in her new home I believe they can't help but fall in love with her.

I'll try to get new photo soon.

kimlovescats
10-17-2006, 08:42 PM
What a spectacular couple to adopt her when they couldn't even hold her, and she was so obviously scared!!! Most people want a kitty that comes right up to them and rubs all over them. I know some of mine have been overlooked just for sitting down and not moving! :rolleyes:

These people sound wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS, Jen!! :D

jazzcat
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Jen that is awesome!!! I'm so happy for Leda. Hopefully these people will understand and give her the time needed to adjust. I bet they will!

YAY!

Lizzie
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't often sob with happiness, but I'm doing so right now. Well done, Jen!

They must have been really taken with her to first of all call back and ask about the issues, and then to adopt when Leda showed herself to be scared. With her new guardians home most of the time, she should be more comfortable with them in few weeks - do you think?

CatLuvrs
10-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Wow Congrats Leda! How exciting!

moosmom
10-18-2006, 07:51 AM
Jen,

That is wonderful news!!! I know Leda will win over their hearts. Afterall, it's been years since they've had a pet.

Have a wonderfu life, Leda!! Do Jen proud!

Pawsitive Thinking
10-18-2006, 08:15 AM
They sound like they know what they're doing. Good luck in your new home Leda

mruffruff
10-18-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm so happy for Leda, the new purrents and for you! Older people tend to have more patience; just what Leda needs.

Barbara
10-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I am sure she will not take two weeks to wrap them around her paw ;)

Donnaj4962
10-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, well, well..... PT prayers DO work now don't they??!!!! I am so glad that Leda is going to her new home! This couple sound like the right people for her. They really wanted her enough to call back and ask more questions, and they are taking her without ever "actually" holding her! I have LES as I write this! I am so happy for Leda! She will be right at home in no time, I am sure!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-18-2006, 12:26 PM
WOW, that is GREAT news, Jen!! Good luck to Leda!!

Dorothy39
10-18-2006, 12:46 PM
That's Wonderful news!!!!

I've been keeping in touch with your thread while on Pet Talk ;) ~ And I'm so Happy that those Two saw the LIGHT!!!!!

They made the right decision after all~ Great Job Jen!!!!

orangemm
10-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Wonderful news! They must be pretty smart to realize that not all animals run right up and 'act friendly' with humans. Once Leda gets into her new home, she'll figure out that it is the best place for her and will warm up to her new meowmie and pawpie.

Time is the best teacher and healer.

Way to go, Leda! (and thank goodness for folks who look beyond the superficial)

AbbyMom
10-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Wonderful news. She'll charm them right away, I'm sure.

Prairie Purrs
10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Good for you, lovely Leda! Just turn on that tuxie charm and all will be well! :D

K & L
10-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Good luck Leda in your new home! Congratulations to all!

catfamily
10-19-2006, 11:23 AM
This is great.They sound like cat people to me.REAL cat people.Not needing the perfect (right away)lap cat.That's nice.And to tell you to watch her over Thanksgiving is great because they only trust YOU with her.So they already are worried about her.That's really good!
My BooBoo for 17 years pooped over the side of the box for the full 17 years.Because he never could sit the right way in the box and the poopys usually ended up on the side of the box or on the floor.(no biggy) And he was my only SOULMATE cat.So...I'm sure it will work out fantastic.