PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Visitor

cmayer31
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Actually, probably the shortest period of time that a dog has been in my house. Luckily I decided to work from home and was close to the house, went to get food, when my roommate called me up and said that there was a really big brown dog in the front yard. I told him to put him in the back yard (fenced) and I would take care of him when I got back.

I honestly thought it was a brown pit that a neighbor up the street had because he's gotten out before and I've taken him home. To my surprise when I got home there was a huge mastiff drooling at me, but had no collar or tags. I took a couple of pictures and was trying to find a collar big enough for him so that I could get him to a vet to check for a chip. As I was digging through old collars I heard someone whistling, looked out the window, and saw a car drive by. Took me a second to find my keys and then I drove through the neighborhood looking for the car, finally caught up to it, asked the driver if he lost a dog and he said yes. He described him perfectly and I had him follow me back.

The owner had just removed the dog's collar and the mastiff managed to get out. All in all Mr. Mastiff, Zane, was at my house for about 20 minutes before being reunited with his owner. He now has his collar and tags back on too. :)

Got one decent picture:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pf08f95559bc06cca8e6a9b37013a35c8/ec7b4719.jpg

Such a cool dog, he reminded me of Bon, and it was fun to play with him in the yard while he was here.

Ginger's Mom
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Aw, he is adorable. :D It was very nice of you to help him get back home so quickly.

cmayer31
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Aw, he is adorable. :D It was very nice of you to help him get back home so quickly.

Thanks! If I see an obvious stray dog I'll try and find his/her owner. I figure if I help people when I can then maybe someone will return the favor if Frankie gets out again.

Kfamr
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks! If I see an obvious stray dog I'll try and find his/her owner. I figure if I help people when I can then maybe someone will return the favor if Frankie gets out again.

I'm the same way Criag, especially since the ordeal with Kiki. I would never wish what I went thru upon anyone. Even if I see a dog outside I panic until I see their owner with them.

He sure was a cutie!

Kater
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
What a doll face!! :) I'm glad Zane's people were out looking for him and he was able to be reunited so quickly. Good thinking to have the person describe him first. :) Great work!! :D

Toby's my baby
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
That is very kind of you to help "Zane" out!! I'm glad you were able to find his owners so quickly! He is one beautiful boy!

trezurdelites
10-17-2006, 04:25 PM
awwwww hes gorgeous !!!

and it cant get better than that !!!! :) if only all were so easy......

cyber-sibes
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Whoa - I thought "How did Bon get clear over there?" :D Zane is one happy-looking pup! I'll bet his owner was so relieved to find him!

zoomer
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
He's a very handsome boy! Much too great of a dog to be running loose! I'm glad you found his owner quickly and easily. He reminds me a lot of Bon :D

pitc9
10-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh what a FACE!!
Great job saving Zane!