PDA

View Full Version : Cop Was Killed In the Big City

elizabethann
10-17-2006, 03:09 PM
We've had a tragic past 2 days. A police officer was shot in the head while he was on bike patrol in Manchester NH. He only had 15 minutes left of his shift when some guy went and killed him. The cop was in grave condition but he died this afternoon. The suspected killer was found in Dorchester MA at his Grandma's house. He is being held on $2 million bail and is fighting extradition back to NH.

The officer, Michael Briggs was 35 and leaves behind a wife & 2 children.

RIP Officer Briggs.

:(

sparks19
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
That's terrible. What a tragedy. Rip Officer Briggs. I hope his family can make it through this terrible time.

lvpets2002
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
:( That is so sad.. I wonder what was the reason for this && or was there a reason at all!!! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WANTING TO TAKE THE LIFE OF OTHERS.. ITS JUST DISGUSTING.. I feel so sorry for the family..

cmayer31
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
RIP.

It's so sad that some people have the capacity to end someone elses life and destroy the lives of that persons family. Such sad, sad news.

moosmom
10-17-2006, 04:47 PM
What a tragedy. :( That's one of the reasons I quit being an Auxiliary State Trooper. In a uniform, you're a moving target.

I hope his killer gets the death penalty! :mad:

BC_MoM
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
RIP Officer Briggs. :( Prayers for his family and friends.

Laura's Babies
10-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Isn't killing a officer of the law and automatic death sentence?

We had a out of state policeman die in Baton Roge a few days ago, on vacation in a motorcycle accident.

I wish my brother would give up his policing job and get something safer to do. I worry about him so much!

Karen
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Isn't killing a officer of the law and automatic death sentence?

No, not every state has the death penalty.