PDA

View Full Version : POOPIE is searching for a forever home..

trezurdelites
10-17-2006, 02:25 PM
this beautiful healthy male parakeet needs a loving forever home...

his furparent died and he was left to her grandchildren who didnt want him..

the furparent obviously cherished him as he has the best toys and also a very nice size cage....

he comes with his cage and toys....

his name is Poopie, self explanatory...right... ;)

are you knowledgable about birds and their special needs and care ?
do you have other birds that poopie can interact with as its so important for birds not to lead a solitary life, as they are flock creatures ....
if you are a bird welfare advocate and know of their plights....
and would like to give poopie a loving caring home and make a lifetime committment to him....

we are in north central florida...

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/trezur/Picture408.jpg

Argranade
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM
If I was closer I would probably end up taking that cute little bird,

Good luck on finding him a home! :)

Also I see you have a tick cleaner to keep the bugs away, be careful he does not eat any because it can harm him I would'nt put it in the cage if I where you just to be safe.

trezurdelites
10-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi Argran......thanks for the best wishes !!

yes, the bird protector is gone, I took that picture when I first got him, and it was in his cage...
I'm sure the grandmother had the best intentions putting it there, but I agree with you....its not worth the risk...

great to see another bird lover.......! to me they are so misunderstood and most are not aware of their plight as pets kept in captivity.....
there is a horrific parrot/pet bird thrown away/abused/neglected overpopulation.....and bird rescuers across the nation are overwhelmed...

smaller birds like parakeets are easier for most to care for...
but parrots because they are in essence wild/exotic creatures...
I mean you cant take milliions of years of evolution out of the bird, just cause you take it out of the wild, right...
are so extremely intelligent, and have such special needs, and require so much care and attention for them to be healthy mentally and physcially.....
thats why so many feather pluck and self mutilate themselves...