PDA

View Full Version : Puddles

Jessika
10-17-2006, 01:03 PM
So every time we go for a walk after/during it rains, if I walk towards a puddle, Charlie will stop dead in his tracks and go around it. Even if its only a centimeter deep! I assume he can't see the bottom of it so he doesn't know how deep it is. He doesn't like going to the lake, either, he might go in belly-deep but NO further and if a big wave splashes he freaks out and runs. I just thought it was so adorable. I had the hardest time getting him to clean his paws today after our afternoon walk because he was muddy so I tried getting him to walk through a puddle. Nu-uh, wasn't going to happen, he made that CLEAR.

Jamie also has this weird thing if it IS raining, she refuses to walk on grass. I would have to drag her onto the grass. She prefers to just pee on the parkinglot or in the rocks than in the grass if its raining. I assume she just doesn't like the texture or the way it feels on her paws, but it's so weird lol

BC_MoM
10-17-2006, 03:39 PM
LOL Silly dogs. Mickey does the exact same thing as Charlie - they're so similar in personality!

Molly jumps 3 ft clear into the air to go over puddles. :rolleyes:

Vette
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Awww!! he sounds so cute!

my bridge dog Muffin was the exact opposite. she made it a point to step in every single puddle of water. and she played in the sprinklers and probably would enjoyed swimming.. but we never went around any body of water big enough for that.

cmayer31
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
lol, got to love their personalities. Frankie will roll in any puddle of water or mud that she can find. My roommates dog won't walk on wet grass at all. If we had the sprinklers on then forget it, he'll do his thing on the sidewalk.

Jessika
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM
See, Jamie is my water dog. I can't keep her OUT of it! She'll jump through every puddle and would swim across the Atlantic if I let her!

Yeah Mickey and Charlie ARE very similar, except Mickey doesn't seem as person shy as Charlie is. I think thats the only difference! :o

BC_MoM
10-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Well then......can I switch you Molly for Charlie? :D

Jessika
10-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Well then......can I switch you Molly for Charlie? :D
Not a chance :P

Well maybe for a small nominal fee of 16 easy payments of $765.99

BC_MoM
10-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Well maybe for a small nominal fee of 16 easy payments of $765.99

DEAL! ;) :p

zoomer
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Aww, those silly dogs! My dogs have no problem walking in puddles, but those two beautiful pups are cutely different :D