PDA

View Full Version : What weird things does your dog play with???

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 02:16 PM
My border collie dosent play with ne thing weird but my brothers GSD does .....welll its not really weird but he likes playing with 1 of my old shoes....does you dog play with any thing that a dog wouldnt normallly play with or the weird way he plays with it??if you have a pic of your dog in action send it or your dog just being cute with the toy...ttul tt4n

Kayla:D

sammi
06-06-2002, 03:03 AM
My dog Buddy who is yellow lab/husky loves playing with a big
plastic watering can! She took it over last summer and she is playing with it again this summer. She carries it around by the handle. Sorry no pic yet.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-06-2002, 03:24 AM
Sammi,
have you ever posted a pic of Buddy before? I would love to see a pic of a lab/husky mix!!!! :)

anna_66
06-06-2002, 01:58 PM
"Weird"? Roxey plays with quite a few weird things. One of the funniest things is insects! She loves them. At night when we are out, she is always scouting the porch for any type of insect. Then she'll grab them, and try to throw them! Till finally it's dead, then, this is the weird part, she'll eat them! Spiders, and junebugs are the most gross:eek: I can't stand spiders, and the junebugs are crunchy!:eek:
And for some reason, she likes toilet paper rolls! We just lay them beside the toilet and she always comes & gets them!

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 05:44 PM
lol a water can???thats a new one....insects lol pets can find play with some if the weridest things,and this make them even funnier and cuter......my bros cat used to play with insects she would do the same thing roxey does,cept i dont think she did any thing to spiders,mostly grass hoppers (ugghh!):D well i g2g ttul tt4n

Kayla:D

Deb Motter
06-06-2002, 08:58 PM
The funniest was when our dog was a puppy she got a 2 liter bottle of coke that was on the floor. She knocked it over and began to roll it around and bark at it. We thought is was hilarious until her puppy teeth punctured and it started spewing fountains all over the livingroom. She loved it even more then!

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 09:45 PM
hey
lol....sounds like your pup had lots of fun with the coke....lol i can see sport doing that well g2g ttul tt4n

Kayla

sandragonfly
01-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Humm, I'm not sure if this is "werid" to you but it's something special about my dog, Mocha...because I never have seen other dogs playing with sand before! She always get excited if she caught a crumb of sand flew over from my shoe while I walk once we arrive at the beach. It just grabbed her attention and she would demand me to throw a ball of sand again, and over again. Once upon a time, Mocha and I played with sand for over 3 hours, it was so unbelievable that she never stop playing! She ended up had about a pound of sand inside her stomach - I was scared if she'd get sick but no...she had the sand out when she did her business..it's wayyyy better than smelling the regular one! :p jk...:D You should try it with your dog, s/he'll love it! I try to throw a ball of sand on my east side, then north, west then south, she'll kept on going in circle and circle and cirlce! You gotta go fast!

wolf_Q
01-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
"Weird"? Roxey plays with quite a few weird things. One of the funniest things is insects! She loves them. At night when we are out, she is always scouting the porch for any type of insect. Then she'll grab them, and try to throw them! Till finally it's dead, then, this is the weird part, she'll eat them! Spiders, and junebugs are the most gross:eek: I can't stand spiders, and the junebugs are crunchy!:eek:
And for some reason, she likes toilet paper rolls! We just lay them beside the toilet and she always comes & gets them!

LOL sounds like Nebo! Must be a husky thing. ;) He loves to attack bugs. Last time I brought him to work with me he ate a cricket. It was nasty...you know those big brown crickets they have at pet stores? Yeah, we ALWAYS have them in the grooming....and I looked over and there's Nebo...doesn't just eat it though...no, he tortures the poor thing. He grabs it, spits it out, grabs it again, paws at it, etc. He is also OBSESSED with toilet paper! Except he doesn't just play with it...he likes to *eat* it! :eek:

Nebo also loves to play with just about anything, but plastic bottles have to be one of his favorites. When we're done with a 2 liter of pop I always take off the label and rinse it out...let him play with it for a while. :D Sometimes I'll even take the lid off and put dog treats in it!

primabella
01-07-2003, 03:17 PM
whenever we take mickey in from his "potty" he runs to the nearest slipper, picks it up and makes a mad dash to the living room. lol, we look crazy chasing him :p i've also seen him a few times with some kibble. he'll put it on the floor and then play with it and pretend to pounce on it. lol..silly doggies :rolleyes:

ChewmonkeyBC
01-07-2003, 08:04 PM
SAND?:eek: :D LoL I should try that with Chewy....
primabella -LOL I can see yall now running around the yard because Mickey has a pair of Slippers!:)
wolf_Q -"Sometimes I'll even take the lid off and put dog treats in it!"....Sounds like a good idea.....My aunts Lab would play with coke bottles:)!!And our cat would eat crickets!!ewww
-Kay-

FCRDCC:)

Aspen and Misty
01-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Chewy LOVES soda bottles to! I'm gonna try putting treats in them now. Hee hee. Weirdest thing Chewy plays with is The rats. THye have a game going where he will crouch towards the cage and all the rats will run to the second story and line up and then get into position and pounce then they all run and hide. Chewy hides under the bed and the rats usually make a mad dash for the hat. LOL it is so funny, it goes on for hours! Chewy plays with almost anything to, if its on the floor, its his!

Ash

anna_66
01-08-2003, 09:01 PM
They have resorted to tearing up the downspouts on the porch:eek: There "were" big tubes to let the water drain into the yard & not the bushes, but the other day they tore both of them off and took them out into the yard & started playing with them. Needless to say, this is not the kind of "toys" they should be playing with, daddy was very upset:mad: But come on, who could stay mad at these faces?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/pac89d5222150e7a970d8212d1f48e250/fce34349.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/pec82242b2193adcbf9cd36fac3a5094b/fcce704d.jpg
I mean really:D

ownerof3dogs
01-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Hercules love to play with 2 liter coke bottles. He tries to bite them and he pounces on them and they go flying across the room.

When Zeus is hyper he'll grab anything to play with.

wolf_Q
01-09-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
They have resorted to tearing up the downspouts on the porch:eek: There "were" big tubes to let the water drain into the yard & not the bushes, but the other day they tore both of them off and took them out into the yard & started playing with them. Needless to say, this is not the kind of "toys" they should be playing with, daddy was very upset:mad: But come on, who could stay mad at these faces?

I couldn't stay mad! :D Nebo likes to "fix" things around our yard also. When the pooper scooper (which btw he hadn't touched since we got him in july but decided it was fun to play with about a month ago) started appearing in strange places with teethmarks in it, I had to resort to keeping it on top of the dog run. He finds things under our deck (shovels, old dog toys, who knows what) and drags them out....yesterday he pulled these things on our deck that hold plants...dragging that around the yard. He's been slowly chewing off the rope holding the tarp over the patio furnature. He prunes the trees...really! :rolleyes: It's quite funny....not a single tree now has a branch lower then about 4 feet, they are all chewed off and in random places in the yard. Oh Nebo, you are SO helpful, thanks!!

EVERYTHING is a Nebo toy!

apcrs5122
01-18-2003, 08:59 PM
My old dog who has passed on used to play with empty milk jugs. He'd pick them up and run around with them and hide them behind trees for later. My cat that I have now loves to play with insects too. She especially likes crickets. :p

tomkatzid
02-07-2003, 11:12 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p584a363df22a96e153b599397022da1e/fcab5d65.jpg
Nina likes to play with the TP cardboard. She runs through the house and throws it in the air. She plays all by herself:)

Cheshirekatt
02-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Mandarin orange segments! My pitbull Wilma will run around with it, put it on the floor and roll around in front of it and then run around with it in her mouth again! Eventually it disintegrates in her mouth and then she swallows it.

izzysmomma
02-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ChewmonkeyBC
SAND?:eek: :D LoL I should try that with Chewy....
primabella -LOL I can see yall now running around the yard because Mickey has a pair of Slippers!:)
wolf_Q -"Sometimes I'll even take the lid off and put dog treats in it!"....Sounds like a good idea.....My aunts Lab would play with coke bottles:)!!And our cat would eat crickets!!ewww
-Kay-

FCRDCC:) I remeder when Isabell ( Izzy for short) was i month old (she had a really small mouth) she would get into the recycling and get out old coke bottles and chase them aroound the porch but could never ever get them it was so cute!!!! :D

snowpw
02-09-2003, 08:52 PM
You may find this strange but let me tell you my dog REALLY likes to play with showers!

Kfamr
02-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Hmm........ Nothing's really "Weird".... Except Simba LOVES to play with paper bags and shread them to peices!:)

NYCbabi 13002
02-16-2003, 07:04 PM
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]My dog likes to play with snow, and our chihuahua puppy

8P

tikeyas_mom
03-06-2003, 08:35 PM
socks, underwear or anything in the garbadge and or on the floor.. This is my shih tzu I am talking about.. He loves all his toys lol.... He sits on them and lays on them to make sure Tikeya my siberian doesnt get them. lol Tikeya doesnt even care about his toys lol ... :rolleyes:

ctagavilla
03-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Can't imagine why but my oldest shar-pei Sweetie-O has a thing for remote controls( not a good toy and we have to hide them from her)two of my dogs Sweetie-O (when she was a pup) and Matilda love bugs my boy Fang-Chu however is afraid of bugs. But I'd have to say, between the three nothing beats a stinky sock . Iv'e also bought my dogs a couple toys they unanimously hate, a yellow ring chew toy,:confused: and an orange ball.

Equinebehaviorist
03-12-2003, 09:57 PM
When Shasta was a puppy, well I guess she was older, maybe two (so long ago) my daughter, who is like 1 week older than Shasta, started the game of feeding Shasta Crayons! Unfortunately, Shasta has aquired a taste for them, and if the kids leave them laying about, she chews on them like candy. Makes for colorful poop!:eek:

tracsgirl
03-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Chakotae, my elderly MalamutexG.S.D., loves bailing twines(the strings off of hay bales). He throws and chases them and loves if you'll throw some for him. About 4 years ago he did something that proves dogs can plan a joke. I was cleaning the goat area letting the goats run loose while I finished. Ckakotae came in the barn and laid down like he'd been trained when animals are loose. Normally he would keep the goats away with 'dog talk' but this day he let them smell him and sniff him and when they were all gathered in a big group around him as close as they could get he let out a gigantic roar, watched them all bounded away, and looked at me andlaughed . It was about the funniest thing I've ever seen. :D He did something weird one day about the same time. We had tied the goats out in the back 40 to clear up bogberry bushes. All of a sudden they all came racing in by themselves just about that time, our neighbor called and says hey, your dog's chasing my sheep. We jumped in the truck and got over there but he said the dog had already gone home and everything was fine. It seems Chakotae had rounded up the sheep off his back 40 (next to ours) and put them in the barn. We never did figure out if something was back there or if it was an elaborate joke. He never did it again and he'd never been trained to herd. Poor cotys can't run much any more with his bad shoulders but, he's a wonderful dog and he still enjoys life and his little jokes

cocker_luva
04-09-2003, 03:37 PM
My Cocker chews on rocksand bricks. I don't know why? When we throw the rocks back into the ditch she will go into the ditch and bring back the very same rock!!! She also used to chew on bricks but then we used them all. Or got rid of them.

BorderCollieLuver
04-14-2003, 09:31 PM
whenever we empty a 2 liter bottle of soda we always rinse it out. after we rinse it my dad always hit it against the sink, my dog (border collie) always barks and goes nuts!!!!

emily

stacwase
04-16-2003, 11:40 AM
One time, we were out camping and my kids kept finding pretty, sparkly rocks in the water and bringing them to me. I'd say "Oh, how pretty!" So Pepper (my little terrier mix) started picking rocks up in her mouth and dropping them at my feet! I'd say "Oh, how beautiful!" and she'd go get me more.

She was such a sweet little dog.

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BorderCollieLuver
whenever we empty a 2 liter bottle of soda we always rinse it out. after we rinse it my dad always hit it against the sink, my dog (border collie) always barks and goes nuts!!!!

emily

One of Sadie's favorites also!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p6af523e8fbbf9bfcfad2a300b816d03d/fdcca914.jpg

tikeyas_mom
04-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Oscar plays with worms and socks lol

Byakko's Mom
04-19-2003, 07:38 PM
My dogs love to play with peacock feathers (no they aren't on the peacocks :) that would be mean. They like me to hold it for them to jump for it or chase or they like to play tug between themselves.
Then there is the yucky time my Goddaughters mom left my Goddaughter's wet diaper in the little trash can and we didn't know and the puppies were playing and I left them alone for a minute and guess what it became a dog toy , Yuck! :eek:
And all the regular stuff ,tons of toys and stuffies ,which leads to anyones stuffies and sticks and anything in the yard.They just love to play
Laurie

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Abby plays with toilet paper and Kleenexes :rolleyes: