PDA

View Full Version : Chester

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi,
I had to send my Schnouzer to my Grandparents gargesale today because he has to find a new family,i didnt want to have to get rid of him and he might even come home tonight....but i have to because he needs more room he luvss to run but cant here.....and he needs some one that can work with him and be a only dog so i thought i would try to get some pics of him on here asap ttul tt4n

Kayla:D

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 02:10 PM
Here is a pic of chester//hopefully it will show up.......i had never really put a pic of chester on here so hes one 4 all to c ttul tt4n

jennifert
06-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Why do you have to get rid of him? Are you selling him at the garage sale? I'm confused.... He is the most adorable thing....I wish I could take him...

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 02:31 PM
We where selling him for 50$..but i dunno what my mom decided....we have to get rid of him because we dont have a fenced in yard, we will soon but dont right now,and he is a fighter i have a great peranies and chester tries to fight him and Charlie the great peranies had enough and fought back one day,didnt hurt chester but chester never stopped....so we have to get rid of him...i wish i didnt but i do and chester really needs to be somwhere that he can be the only dog.....well g2g ttul tt4n

jennifert
06-05-2002, 02:40 PM
How many dogs do you have? Please don't sell him for $50....WIll you screen his potential home? How old is Chester?
You're in Texas right? Maybe Aly will take him or at least be able to find him a home.....

Logan
06-05-2002, 02:44 PM
You need to find a Schnauzer Rescue group, to ensure that Chester finds the right home, ChewMonkey. Let me do some research quickly for you.

Do you think that your mother would go along with turning him into a rescue group so that he could be adopted out to the right kind of people? A garage sale is no way to get rid of any dog, let alone a pure bred one.

This is so sad. :(

Logan
06-05-2002, 02:53 PM
I found the following contact information using "Ask Jeeves". Please have your mother do this rather than selling the dog at the garage sale.

Bolivia Powell, AMSC National Rescue Chairman
4930 Northaven Road
Dallas, TX 75229 USA
(214) 363-5630
[email protected]

Rescue Lone Star Miniature Schnauzer Club of Dallas
Evelyn Hoover
Mesquite, TX 75149
(972) 285-4525
[email protected]

Minature Schnauzer Rescue of Houston
Karen Gayeski 281-580-6692
Vicky Beard 713-690-7991
Bev Smith 281-419-7250
Houston TX 77090
[email protected]

Miguel F. Orozco
9134 Truolon Dr
Houston, TX 77036
[email protected]
(713) 772-8221

Please try to contact one of these people who are nearest to you and get some assistance. I am assuming Chester is a Miniature Schnauzer. If you need more help, please ask. This is terribly upsetting. :(

Logan
06-05-2002, 02:54 PM
One more thing, Kayla. Jennifer is right. Aly is a wonderful rescue resource in Texas. I know it is a big state, which is why I gave you so many different names, but Aly works at a shelter, and even if you aren't near to her, she may be able to steer you to the right person. Please try this route first before selling him at the garage sale. PLEASE!!

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 03:18 PM
hi,
thanks for the help..i dont think he is minature....what we are doing is the people that want him have to have a fenced in yard,and we are sapossed to get their#.....if my mom remembers wich hopfully chester will come home.....what me and my dad are doing is going to there house and checking it out making shure that it is the right place for chester......but my mom i think is just giving chester away and not doing as me and my dad planned......i hope that she isnt......i will tell her about the rescue groups though if hopfully she brings chesse back....thanks abunch and i hope very much that she brings him back
Thanks
Kayla

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 03:23 PM
o yes chester is about 4 yrs old maybe 5........he might have papers and does not do good around men.....the people we got him from their father was mean to the dogs when they made him mad...he didnt beat them but yell at them and mean towards them i guess,but we really dont know much about this.......so chester is not good around men...my dad loves chester like every 1 else here and dosent want to get rid of him but we need to...thanks again 4 all the help....
Thanks
Kayla

jennifert
06-05-2002, 03:36 PM
When will your Mom be home? Can you give her a call at your grandparent's house? I'm sure we can find Chester a great home through all the help here at Pet Talk!!! If the money is important, I will wire your mom the $50 tonight!!! I don't want Chester sold at a garage sale....:(

senoritaamy2001
06-05-2002, 03:49 PM
A garage sale?? Really? Thats terrible! Your putting Chester in the hands of an absoulute stranger, who probably hasn't even considered getting a dog, because they thought they were going to a garage sale. This is definately not a good idea. Chester needs to go to a family who is seeking him, not household items sold in a garage. A dog is a family member, not a quick $50. Please check out the rescue sites that Logan looked up for you. I'm sure Chester would be grateful to you! Good Luck!

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 05:35 PM
He didny get sold!!!!!!:D i dont think we are selling him.....what are plan is that we find sum 1 in our area and check out there house and lat chester stay awhile and then go back check up on him and if all works out then he gets to stay if he likes it...we already tried this at one home and they had a male lab ,not good......well i g2 walk him now ttul tt4n

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 05:46 PM
O yeah...i told my mom about the Rescue places but she dosnt want him taken to one but thanks ne ways......we had one person in dallas that wannted him and the lady said she had a new house and a fencened yard and no dogs but when my dad got there there was a big lab that greated them at the door of a small appartment!!!!so we are being carful at finding chester a home...we are looking for a live time home for chester and if nething happends to him and they cant care 4 him any more chester comes back to us.....if any one knows any one in texas around East Texas that wants a small dog that lives in the country or some where that has a fenced in yard no Small kids and perhaps a teenager that can spend time with him chester needs to be the ONLY dog........to some we may be asking for much but we all love chester very much and Chester had been moved around to many houses that we want the next home is taken to to be his last home with a loving family that can give him much more......
Thanks

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 06:20 PM
HI,
here is another dog that we HAVE TO get rid of!!!Her name is Nana...she is umm i forgot what her dad was but i will send a pic......and her mom had Dal,and Pit,or maybe Boxer.....she is stilll small and does not do good around cats she has already killed a kitten and is not so sweet around MoomPIe my kitty....She looks some what like a BC but my brother Chris dose not what her any more becasue she is too wild for him and is hard to control evern though she is small....she is lookinf quite thin latley we have no idea why though i mean she eats ans eats and eats !!!!yet she dosent gain any weight and we already wormed her when we first got her could she have them again?????well i g2g ttul tt4n

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Here is a pic of Jake,a Blue Healer Nanas dad
my aunts dog who is also up for adoption

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 06:29 PM
pic of jake

mugsy
06-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Kayla, you HAVE to get your mom to listen to reason and deal through a rescue or no kill shelter. This news has obviously upset everyone on Pet Talk (including me) and everyone here is willing to do what we can to get these guys good home. Some simple training by a professional may solve the problem.

ramanth
06-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ChewmonkeyBC
Chester had been moved around to many houses that we want the next home is taken to to be his last home with a loving family that can give him much more......

How long have you had Chester? Are the other dogs getting used to him? Or did the problem just start?

You should never ever sell an animal in a garage sale or give it away free via paper.... the wrong type of people look for these animals.

I guess I just don't understand.... how many homes has Chester been at!? When and how did you get him?

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 06:50 PM
I dunno im confused!!!!!!!im lost all i know is that we have to get rid of CHester there is nothing i can do really they are my parents and i have to let them do and i some what understand them because money is tight here and we cant afford to keep all the animals if i had my way i would have my whole house cwarling with critters and we had many aniamls before but money is tight and we have to get rid of some so they will be safer because chester had gotten out one day with out golden retriver and where gone 4 3 days an our yard isnt fenced yet because we are remodling our house and we have to keep some money aside for our house...we have wire but we dont have enough post so we cant put up our fence and out dogs cant be let free because we live out in the country where people out here shoot dogs that come on there land because of all the killing of cattle.....so its not safe 4 the explores here(chester)........please under stand its hard and i only understant a little...thanks thuogh yall have all been very helpful i am tring to get my mom convienced to let chester go to one of the Rescure shelters a no kill one.........please help!!!! thanks every one

Kayla

mugsy
06-05-2002, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry to say this Kayla, but, it sounds like you need to take a serious look at whether you should have ANY pet at this point. Owning a pet is a HUGE responsibility and it doesn't sound like your mother is willing to take that on and you need to accept that. What you need to do is talk with your mother and get these guys to no kill shelters or rescue groups and not have any pets in your house for awhile until the entire family is ready and willing to take on the responsiblity.

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 06:58 PM
okkkkkkkk.......sit back and relax because here is the story of how much of Chesters life i know about.....

1. His origanl owners gave him to my aunt and Uncle......well then they probally didnt have him for about a month(like all the other animals they have had)so they gave him to my aunt and uncle that live not to long from us...well my aunt kim said he barked to much wich he hardly ever does here.......so they gave him to us......(i dunno how long aunt kim had him though)well we have had him for 2 yrs this year..he bacame part of the family quick....and every one that has seen him so far he has stole there hearts......

2.all of the dogs get along with him....but he is a fighter to

male dogs and dosent know that big big dogs can easily hurt him.

here all all the answers to your questions if u have anymore fell free to ask

Kayla

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 07:10 PM
see what we are doing is after we got sport my dad said we get rid of CHester and Nana and then get no more animals and get rid of no more animals....the big problem about us keeping animals is money money money....dont worry it is very hard to understand im having a hard time to understand this...i kinda wish i wouldnt have brought this subject up.......yall have been a great help every body and i give yall a HUGE thankyall i agree with you most of the way Mugsy i just cant come to part with my pets i get too close to them tooo fast....i cried and cried inside the day my dad took chester to the place in dallas and was soo happy to see him come back....but inside i was going hes not happy here i mean i no he loves me but no that iv got my dog show stuff i dont have much time for him and he needs to find some where else.......like i said thanks again!!!!ttul tt4n

Logan
06-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Kayla,
I have contacted someone else about getting the name of another Schnauzer Rescue group in Texas. Can I assume that you are near to Dallas?
I know you are having to do what your parents say, but it is frightening that your mom doesn't want to listen. I'll post the name here if I get it. I hope you will consider rescue groups for any dogs you need to get rid of, ones you can trust to safely place your pets.
Please understand that we are all here because we care about the animals, and when we hear something like this it is upsetting. I gather that you are quite young and aren't able to make the decisions for your family, but with our help, you can teach them a better way to handle things, perhaps.
Best of luck and I'll post more information if I get it.
Logan

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey,
i talked to my mom and she said that if there was a no kill shelter around here she would be more than happy to take him to 1 that the employes there or volentiers interacted with the dogs but there is no shelter around here like that....and here is the big reason why we have to get rid of chester hes not happy here.....its because he is a nervous dog when he gets crowded.....so we are going to call the people that breed the schnouzers wich is where Chester came from.....because they might know people that want a schounzer........we also know of an older lady that her dog just died because she took the dog to the vet to get some of his teeth pulled and there was an infection that the vet could not get to so the dog died:( ......so we might check them out and take a trip to there house to make shure chester likes it......well thanks again for everybodys help!!!!yall have a been a BIG HELP!!:D im so glad that i found pet talk.....
ttul tt4n
Kayla:)

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 08:10 PM
o yes and i know that i have made it sound that we dont care about our animals and stuff......sorry bout that......we have shelterd an beaten dog wich we found a loving family for after she became used to people again...turtles that we have found in the middle of the road and moved them to a safer place:)wildlife animals that we left food out for and kept them safe outside while they recoverd....like the one we named Spinner who fell out of the grasp of a hawk that was fighting a crow and dropped his dinner(she now lives behind our house in the woods and lives in a big hollow tree with Rockey who we saved as well)now are all turned to the wild and acting their same way they had before....
we have 2 ferrets mervy&maddie(after we finnish our house my mom wants to start a ferret rescue)i will have to put pics on here of the two(my sissers:D )well i better go thanks for lettin me brag about the neat critters we have and helped back to there ole selves

Logan
06-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Evelyn Hoover, the miniature schnauzer club rescue coordinator for the North Texas area - [email protected]

Kelly Hukill, our groomer and (responsible) breeder who is also involved in rescue - [email protected]

Linda McClellan, head of Paws for People, [email protected] (she could also supply contact info for other rescue groups)

Kayla, I can tell that you care. Perhaps if you and your mom would email any of the people I have listed, you might find that they can help you with transportation also. If I get any more leads, I'm going to keep on listing them. OK?

ChewmonkeyBC
06-05-2002, 08:19 PM
hey,
thanks a bunches i will send them to my mother and see what she thinks we might go see how the people interact there with the dogs that are waiting there.....get what i am saying??well thanks again:D

sammi
06-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Rescue places are trained by educated staff to place a dog in the right home and also do very strict home checks.

Don't sell your dog to anyone without a home check and checking with their vet ect.
This dosen't make sense that you now have another dog to rehome ..............did your parents do any research on the breed of dogs you have before you got them?
Pleace contact a rescue group to help you with placement of your dogs.:confused:

sammi
06-05-2002, 09:20 PM
Kayla, We realize that you love your pets and hate to part with them And yes, you have to obey your parents wishes. Pets are expensive and sometimes things change in a household.
Just know that we want to help you and your dogs find a good solution.

Karen
06-05-2002, 09:20 PM
Kayla, do let us know if your Mom contacts the rescue groups. If you love your animals, you can do no better than placing them with a rescue group - they are people who care so much about the animals that they open their homes and hearts to them.

I am glad, as is everyone, that the garage sale idea didn't work. What city are you near? That might help people help you find a place for Chester. As others have mentioned, Aly, who often posts here when she isn't too sleep-deprived from taking care of baby foster kittens, might be able to help you find a place for Chester. Is he neutered? How much training has he had? And even though he is full-grown, that doesn't mean he can't learn more, and learn to behave around other dogs with proper training.

Remodelling time is always stressful for people, money seems to become more of an issue, and everyone's lives seem turned upside down, but do tell you mother that the people of Pet Talk will try to help you find a good, safe place for Chester, okay?

jennifert
06-06-2002, 09:45 AM
Kayla, Any update on Chester's status? I could hardly sleep last night thinking of him.... :(

Just as an fyi, a rescue group is usually composed of volunteers who foster dogs at their homes. They usually don't have a central shelter location like the SPCA or the Humane Society. Usually people who have an interest in the specific breed and may even own some themselves, help with the rescue group efforts. They are like a volunteer "team" that will travel and pick up and drop off animals in need of help.
If Chester went to one of these groups, he would probably live in someone's home with them and their family until a new suitable home could be found for him. He may even be given some training and any health care if necessary. It's the ideal situation for a dog like Chester...
Your mother would not have to worry about his care and may even be able to meet his prospective new owners.
A rescue group will not ask you for money to surrendor Chester where many shelters will.
This same situation may work for Nana?, the australian blue heeler that you said someone was looking for a new home for?

Please give us an update asap....

Thanks!

Jennifer

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 05:29 PM
yes we do home checks,we have learned from past times that u should always check the house....we only took him to the garage sale so people would know that we have him and he is looking for a home we where not just going to give him up to some one that showed up there.....thanks every one for the help

Kayla

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 05:34 PM
yes i have been working with chester and he knows a few comands....the thing about the shelters is that we dont want to loose contact with the owners...we live in east texas around texarkana..my mom ask for yall to help find a home around us that is looking for a dog like chester chester is about 4yrs.....please help......thanks for all of the help.......

Kayla

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 05:55 PM
hey,
here is a pic of Curly a rotti/boxer bull mix that we found a home for.....we went and checked out the house and now Curly is a happy doggie there....so this way yall all no that we have done this before and CUrly is very happy......culry was a great watch dog,very sweet,but was a fighter and needed room to run..he now lives in a house with a fence around to whole house front and back yard...hope the pic shows up..ttul tt4n
Kayla

jackiesdaisy1935
06-06-2002, 07:07 PM
Kayla, my name is Jackie and I have two Schnauzers. They are wonderful dogs, but sometimes when they get abused they don't trust anybody, it takes a special person to help them.
I know money is a problem with your Mom and Dad and if your Mom could possibly take Chester to a Schnauzer Rescue, Chester would be trained to live with other people and he will have a good home with people who love him. The Schnauzer Rescue will not cost her any money, they will just take him in and find him a good home and you all will be happy to know that he is O.K.
There are many Schnauzer Rescues in Texas, just tell us approximately what part of Texas you live in and we will find one for you.
If you are not sure what to do, let your Mom and Dad read our posts, that we are trying to help you.
We understand that you can't afford to keep these dogs and we will be happy to help you find a Rescue.
Jackie

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2002, 08:46 PM
my mom dosnt really want chester to go to a rescue....she said if there was one around here yes...but there isnt....but if you can find one thanks we are around Texarkana there is one shelter in texarkana but not a no kill shelter...my mom does not want to drive to far from here if there is some one that has a home wright for chester......thanks for all your help......ttul tt4n
Kayla

jennifert
06-07-2002, 07:18 AM
I'm sure we can find a schnauzer rescue near your home. Even if it is a few hours away, the group may be able to arrange to pick Chester up. I see no reason why Chester shouldn't go to a rescue group. it is the ideal situation of everyone involved: your family and especially Chester! You can keep in contact with Chester through the rescue group I'm sure.

I'm going to go look for a rescue near you....

ChewmonkeyBC
06-07-2002, 06:04 PM
ok thanks ttul tt4n...
Kayla