PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Western New York

Kater
10-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I did a search and I don't think a thread has been made about this yet. An early snowstorm hit the area and now flooding is a problem while many remain without power. My brother lives in the area and we last spoke to him on Friday. He was without power and was told he might not get power until Thursday. No power means that his sub pump isn't working...so he is pretty worried about his basement flooding. His critters were fine Friday (2 cats and tropical fish), but he may lose the fish if he remains without power until Thursday. :( Anyway, keep Western New Yorkers in your prayers and any PTers from the area-- check in when you can!

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/10/14/october.snow.ap/
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--buffalosnow1015oct15,0,3949696.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

Lady's Human
10-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Kater, not to sound glib, but it's snow. WNY has snow constantly, and they'll deal with it quickly enough. This was just earlier than usual and the leaves were still on all the trees, hence the power outages.

More concerned about the big island moving than some white stuff off the lake.

Karen
10-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Well, hopefully his fishies will be okay, and everyone else, too. They'll all be in our prayers.

caseysmom
10-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Prayers on the way for your brother Kater....

Ladyshuman...I am sure the three people who died don't think its "just snow"

Lady's Human
10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Casey'sMom,

People get hurt/killed in almost every snowstorm in the eastern part of the country every year. It only counts to the rest of the country when it makes CNN.

caseysmom
10-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh okay...well if people always get killed whats to worry :(

Corinna
10-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Kater how sweet of you to worry more abut your brother when we are so worried about you. prayers for both of you.
LH and caseysmom hey you two kids stop the bickering or I'll ave to send you to your rooms. :)