PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Fridays Health Club: October Edition

christa
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Due to the seemingly low interest in Fitness Fridays "weekly edition" . . . I am making this thread MONTHLY . . . meaning I will start a new monthly thread from now on.

This thread will finish out the month of October.

I wish that everyone would get on the health/fitness train, but I am getting tired of feeling that I am cramming it down everyone's throats. I will only be "bumping" this thread when I actually have something *inspiring* to say. I am not going to bump it just because I notice that it has fallen to page 3 or 4.

Anyway, here's to a new (half) month of October! Remember that you are encouraged to post recipes, meal ideas, exercise ideas . . . anything to inspire or motivate!

Good luck ladies!!!

PT Total Pounds Lost: 321 pounds!!!

Dorothy39
10-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm still here~ and even though I don't post a reply, your thread has gotton my attention!!!

I have increased my water intake, and have maintained a steadier diet since you planted the seed in my mind, body and soul.

Muddy4paws
10-16-2006, 05:07 AM
:( I had a bad week!! I put half a pound on :o Im getting weighed in tonight so hopefully I lost that half pound and a bit more! I'll post the results later so fingers crossed!!! :)

Toby's my baby
10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
I have not been being very good. :o I weighed myself the other day, and it read that I have PUT ON 5 lbs. :eek: I'm hoping that is just because I had eatten a lot that day, and I weighed myself a little after I had gotten done eatting supper.

Yesterday, I vowed to stop eatting all the crap we have in the house, I really need to bite down on this, HARD. I shouldn't be gaining weight before basketball season. :o

Good luck to everyone else!! :)

CagneyDog
10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I haven't exactly been doing great, but I've lost 11 pounds...which is better than nothing. I'm pretty happy about it.

jazzcat
10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I haven't been trying too hard since my surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago but I have lost the 5 pounds I had gained back over the summer so I'm happy with that. I'm still walking and my doc said I could start back at the gym very slowly next week - YAY!

Muddy4paws
10-16-2006, 10:50 AM
I have not been being very good. :o I weighed myself the other day, and it read that I have PUT ON 5 lbs. :eek: I'm hoping that is just because I had eatten a lot that day, and I weighed myself a little after I had gotten done eatting supper.

Yesterday, I vowed to stop eatting all the crap we have in the house, I really need to bite down on this, HARD. I shouldn't be gaining weight before basketball season. :o

Good luck to everyone else!! :)

Only weigh yourself in the morning!! lol dont torture yourself with weighing after dinner I've done that before and it said I was 6lb over Its a waste of time doing it after dinner because it makes you feel bad about the weight put on even though there isnt any because its still digesting. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning and you'll see a change! :)

Muddy4paws
10-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I haven't exactly been doing great, but I've lost 11 pounds...which is better than nothing. I'm pretty happy about it.

Thats really good! I've been going to a slimming world class and I've only lost 3pound so far :o You should be happy 11pound is alot!

JenBKR
10-16-2006, 10:54 AM
I admit I haven't been checking in as much :o I've been so busy at work and so much going on. I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained any either. Well, I've gained and lost the same two pounds for the last 2 weeks. However, I did tone up a bit in my belly, and bought new jeans in a smaller size! Yippi! I was in 14s, got into 12s now - and I have a bit of room in them so I'm thinking if I keep it up I'll be in 10s in no time. Hooray!

mruffruff
10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
I haven't been posting much lately but I'm still hanging in. The last week of September I gained 2 pounds, but as of last Friday I had lost that 2 pounds and 2 more.

Still eating one boiled egg for breakfast at 10AM and 3 cups of coffee before noon, A Healthy Choice lunch, and filling out the 1200 calorie limit at dinner. Once a week I eat out, whatever I like.

Now if I could get a job moving the body parts, I could really drop the pounds. Unfortunately I'm chained to this chair 42 hours a week. I try to make up for it evenings and weekends, but after chores, I'm pooped.

20 pounds gone since July 4th.

Muddy4paws
10-16-2006, 03:29 PM
I lost 3 1/2 pound!!! :D :D :D

k9krazee
10-16-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if I've lost/gained anything...but I've been trying really hard!! I've been going to the gym everyday for an hour, and trying to eat as healthy as you possibly can with cafeteria food. And I've been doing really well with limiting the amount of desserts I eat, which is a biggie for me.

I have a question though. Whats the best thing to do at the gym for weight loss? My routine is usually run a half mile for warm up, stretch, get on one of the exercise running things for 20 minutes, spend some time on the leg weights and then run a mile..usually adding a lap every other day. Is this okay?

christa
10-16-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a question though. Whats the best thing to do at the gym for weight loss? My routine is usually run a half mile for warm up, stretch, get on one of the exercise running things for 20 minutes, spend some time on the leg weights and then run a mile..usually adding a lap every other day. Is this okay?

If you're doing weights & cardio, the best way to lose is to warm up for about 5 minutes (walk briskly - just enough to get your heart rate up) - lift and THEN do cardio.

Of course the only way you're going to lose is if you combine this routine with healthy eating. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
10-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi Christa - you can add another 9lbs to the PT weight loss total - I am down to 150 lbs now, so getting closer to my goal of 132!