PDA

View Full Version : ALL major good vibes, well wishes and prayers requested! (UNBELIEVABLE update)

jenluckenbach
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Leda was featured in our local paper as pet of the week this past Friday!!!

And there is a retired couple coming to meet her Tuesday evening. :)

I talked with them in length about her, and I like them.

PLEASE Leda, don't hide from them! ;) This would be perfect for you! You would be an only cat who will be totally pampered.

I need ALL pet talk fingers to be crossed from now until Tuesday. (you can risk a few cramps for me, right??? :D )

OMG!!! I have to go clean the house! :eek:

WOO HOO!!!! I am so excited.

Karen
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh, sounds perfect, prayers on the way!

Catty1
10-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Good luck, Leda! You will be an Only Girl, and spoiled into the bargain!

Prayers and good wishes coming your way, Jen!

Laura's Babies
10-15-2006, 08:51 PM
What more could a kitty want? A only child, people of her own! A new forever home!! Leda, you be good and turn on the charm girl!!

CatLuvrs
10-15-2006, 08:54 PM
That sounds great Paws and fingers crossed for you and Leda!

kimlovescats
10-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Good luck, Leda! I know how you feel, Jen. There are several of mine who are the most loving kitties, but they won't show it when visitors come. :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2006, 10:01 PM
This sounds like the purrfect home for Leda and I hope that everything will go well.:) Lots of prayers and positive thougths are being sent her way.

G535
10-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Why are you cleaning the house? They're coming to see a cat!

Hope all goes well and it's love at first sight on both sides. :)

Lizzie
10-16-2006, 01:56 AM
That's wonderful news, Jen! Truly wonderful. I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way on Tuesday and will be on tenterhooks waiting to hear what happened. Come on, Leda, step forward into a new and even more pampered life.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Good luck Leda!!!
May we please see one last pic of her Jen??

CultureJunky
10-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Way to go Leda, you must be on your bestest ever behavior so they'll fall head over heels in love with you and take you to a forever home to be pampered and spoilt forever more! Good Luck !

I'd also like to see a pic of Leda ;)

catlover4ever
10-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Sending lots of good vibes Leda's way!!!!!

Killearn Kitties
10-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Gsks eils Lrsq. Oops, I'm sorry but it is really hard to type with ALL your fingers crossed. Come on, Leda, you can do this!!

Randi
10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
All fingers and paws crossed here. :)

Leda, present yourself from you best side... if you have to, ask for tummy rubs, and they'll fall in love with you for sure. :D

Good luck!

catnapper
10-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Good luck Leda!

But I'm confiused!!! I thought Lizzie was adopting her! Did I miss something in my extended absence?

jenluckenbach
10-16-2006, 09:54 AM
But I'm confiused!!! I thought Lizzie was adopting her! Did I miss something in my extended absence?
You should pay more attention. :p (LOL)

When Lizzie agreed to adopt Leda she believed her to be a semi-feral with litter box issues who likes other cats. (this is how the shelter desribed her).

Turns out that she is just shy at first, but CRAVES attention from her human. I have seen NO evidence of a litter box problem (with the exception that she sometimes points her butt over the side of the box, therefore missing. Easily remedied by a deeper box). AND she does NOT really like other cats.

So the deal was that I would place her for adoption until such a time that Lizzie could arrange for transport. (Lizzie had the ringworm issue AND the great distsnce to transprot her over). If Leda found a home here, GREAT, if not, Lizzie would try to find her a home in her area. (Lizzie believes that Leda might be happier in a home where she would get more 1 on 1 attention with her human.)

So, she in a One by One cat, looking for a special person.

I am so excited about tomorrow, I don't know HOW I will concentrate at work. :rolleyes:

catmandu
10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
The Found Cats and I are praying that Leda and those people make a Love Connection, and that Leda soon has Guardians and her Furr Ever Home.
Please God, Please.

Barbara
10-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Paws crossed for Leda! Leda, these are nice people! Believe what PT tells you ;)

Dorothy39
10-16-2006, 12:20 PM
How wonderful ~~ Leda will be "the only cat" I sure do hope and pray that she opens up and gives these people a great Welcome!!!

I'm so excited for you too ;)

AbbyMom
10-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Leda, best of luck to you on Tuesday. Be on your best behavior and give them head bumpies! It works every time!

Lizzie
10-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Jen described the situation perfectly. From the shelter's description, I thought she would fit in very well with my litter-box issues group downstairs since they all (well, except for Taranis) enjoy the company of other cats. Jen and I discussed the situation and I became the safety-net in case Jen couldn't keep her or find her a home.

What time did you say the couple were visiting, Jen? I want to be sure to focus my thoughts on Leda at that time. Will you let Lucille know if Leda is adopted? She will be thrilled also.

jenluckenbach
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
6:30 pm eastern time, Tuesday Oct. 17th.

(Lizzie, I think I have to admit to misplacing Lucille's email address. :o )

rg_girlca
10-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh Jen, major prayers on the way that this couple will fall in love with Leda and give her a forever home.

Donnaj4962
10-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Awwww, seniors adopting a kitty! I love it! (I work with seniors!)

Best of luck to Leda and you Jen! Paws and fingers crossed here... and many prayers coming from Indiana also!

jenluckenbach
10-16-2006, 07:52 PM
They cancelled their meeting with Leda tomorrow. :( I could cry (for Leda).

I knew by posting here (or telling anyone) I would jinx her chances. PT prayers just do not work for me like they do for other people. :(

So our Leda is still on the lookout for her special person.

Sorry to get all your hopes up. :(

kimlovescats
10-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Jen, don't lose Faith! Things always work out for the best! This just means that there is another (better) plan for Leda! ;)

Laura's Babies
10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
If they are not the ones for her, then they are NOT the ones for HER! Her very own special people will show up sooner or later. This only means they are not the ones.... or the timming is not right.

rg_girlca
10-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully someone will come along and adopt this sweet girl.

((((((HUGS))))))

jazzcat
10-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Aww Jen I'm sorry. Did they say why? I'm just curious. Maybe they will rethink it or as others said maybe they just weren't the right ones. Prayers that her perfect home comes for her soon.

Catty1
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Her perfect home is on the way!

Er...any PICS around? :D How are she and the other furkids doing?

krazyaboutkatz
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Jen.:( I hope that she'll find her new loving forever home very soon. Please don't give up hope.

catmandu
10-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Dont Worry Jen, The Pet Angels Know That Somewhere Theres A Place For Leda.
Meanwhile Shes In One Of The Finest Places On Earth Right Now.
We Are Praying For Leda.

Lizzie
10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm very sorry for your disappointment, Jen (and for having to do all that cleaning for nothing!) I'm also sorry for Leda, but not too sorry because I know she is enjoying where she is now. Hopefully, you will get a call from people who saw the feature and are giving themselves time to think things over, to make sure they really want to take this step. We will all keep hoping.

Catty1
10-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Well...while your house is clean, why not invite all your CATLESS friends over to dinner?

Or if they have cats, get them to bring a catless friend! :D

It'll work out wonderful. Remember Moosmom and Coco? What a happy beginning THAT was for Coco/Isis!

I can hardly wait to see Leda's! :)

Donnaj4962
10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry that it didn't work out. Poor Leda. :(

I just KNOW that the right people are just trying to decide whether they should call.

CALL, PEOPLE, CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenluckenbach
10-17-2006, 06:58 PM
The same people called me this evening wanting to meet Leda after all! :eek: :eek:

They were here an hour and a half................I never talked so much in my life. :rolleyes:

They left here, application in hand, on their way to the pet store to stock up. (they haven't had a pet in 12 years, so they need everything)

I'll be delivering Leda to her new home Sunday. :cool:

So keep on praying....PRAY that she can adjust quickly to her new home.

HUGE SIGH and LOUD YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Heather78418
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
I am soooo happy for you and leda.... this is great . I'm sure she will love her new home.My prayers are with you both . Way to go Leda!!!!!!:D

jenluckenbach
10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
A little more of the story:

The concern the lady had was about "litter box habits." Upon my observation, Leda missed the box sometimes. Not because she goes outside, but because she allows her butt end to hang over the side of lower boxes. I (of course) mentioned this to them when I first spoke to them. I ALWAYS "tell it like it is"!!! But the lady took this to mean that Leda would potty around the house. I assured her that with a deeper or covered box, she should have no problems.

So they met her.

She, of course, was as scared as I knew she would be. I had her in the cage (so she didn't hide under the sofa). And she huddled and growled.

WE all talked (A LOT!) and Ipicked her up and let her into the room. She huddled by the door wanting to get out.

But I sat by her, petted her and we talked more.

The man tried to pet her....OK.... but also tried to hold her.....didn't last long. (LOL)

So I held her so the lady could pet her.

They will need to shop for all of her things as they have not had a pet in years. I will deliver her to her new home this Sunday and make sure she settles in. I will also be getting her back at thankgiving for a week while they vacation. (they don't think she would react well to a stranger pet sitting).

If she can manage her first 2 weeks in her new home I believe they can't help but fall in love with her.

I'll try to get new photo soon.

Freedom
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh, that sounds nice! Great opportunity for Leda, and a nice ending all around. PLUS you will get to see her again shortly!

catnapper
10-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Woohoo! Major Happy Dance!
WAY TO GO JEN!!!!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2006, 12:35 AM
This is wonderful news!!!:D I hope that everything goes well. Please continue to keep us updated about her.:)

Grace
11-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Did Leda go to her new home? Have you heard how things are going for her?

Catty1
11-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Grace, they backed out again. Here is the update from before:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=115058&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Leda

Grace
11-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Ooops - I'm sorry for not remembering that. Another of my senior moments.

Sorry :(

jenluckenbach
11-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Ooops - I'm sorry for not remembering that. Another of my senior moments.

Sorry :(
Not to worry, I forget TONS of things. Thanks for asking. :)

momcat
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=jenluckenbach] you can risk a few cramps for me,right? /QUOTE]
I sure can, Jen! It couldn't be for a better cause, a happy Leda with her furever family. This sounds like it has a real possibility, an older couple with an only cat... purrfect together. Here's hoping things work out all the wway around.

Leda being Pet of the Week, how great is that? Concatulations beautiful Leda!!!

Please let us know what happens?

catmandu
11-12-2006, 04:35 PM
How are things going with Leda in her new home.
We have Porch Angels on duty explaining to her that these people truly want to love her.
We are praying that Leda learns to love them too.

jenluckenbach
11-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Momcat and Gary. This thread is outdates. :( Leda's adoption did NOT go through, She is still here.

catmandu
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Is my face red!
I am sorry Jen!
I know that someone is out there who can see past the scraed Cat,and see the Cat Leda could become.
The Found Cats are shaking thier heads.

momcat
11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh Jen, I am so sorry for the misunderstanding. But I am happy to know that Leda is still under your loving care.