PDA

View Full Version : Molly Ate a Cooked Bone

BC_MoM
10-15-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't know where, when or how she got it on our walk, but halfway home I saw her chomping on something so I ran up to her and grabbed a bone. She had already aten a bit of it. She was chewing, but I wasn't able to get it out before she swallowed. I think it was cooked - because it splintered. It looked like either a turkey or ham bone.

A bit closer to home, she starts hacking.. and she hacked up a chunk of the bone, so I went for it, but she again swallowed it.

I'm so worried ... is there anything I can do? Anything I should watch for?

*sigh* I wish Molly would stop picking things up on our walks.

binka_nugget
10-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Kai did this plenty of times when he was younger. The vet always told me to just keep an eye on him. As long as the dog eats, drinks and poops normally, we just have to wait it out.

BC_MoM
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
She's drinking normally, she didn't really touch her supper, though. She ate a few kibbles and that was it.

Jessika
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
I would just monitor her for a few days. You know seh ate the bone, so you will know at the first sign of trouble to call a vet. Don't worry Jess she'll be fine :)

.sarah
10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
I have heard to feed them some bread to kind of pad their stomach to prevent a perforation. If one of mine ate a cooked bone I would definetly do that.