PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake rocks Hawaii

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Breaking news: A 6.6 earthquake has hit Hawaii.
There have been strong after shocks and power is out in many places.
No word yet on damage but this is a major quake.

Please keep our friends in Hawaii in your prayers.

Dorothy39
10-15-2006, 05:13 PM
I saw that posted on my home page while helping my sister find something on the internet.!!!!

WOW, Now I need to go back and read on it~~~6.6 you say? :eek:

Whew!!!!!

Prayers for Hawaii~ :(

Laura's Babies
10-15-2006, 06:11 PM
I just heard that on the news... Wow!

Vette
10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Crap!!

all paws and fingers crossed for everyone there.

Kater
10-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Hello PT! Everyone in our immediate vicinity is okay. All our critters are just fine. We got power back a few hours ago, and we had hurricane supplies prepared so we were fine food wise.

We've been staying off the phone, so I'm not sure about how everyone else fared. I am most worried about my friends on the Big Island. If you could, please keep the animal sanctuary in your prayers! They are located pretty close to the epicenter of the quake. :( (old thread: http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=46250) I have an e-mail out to her and I'm pretty sure she will e-mail everyone on her listserv as soon as she is able.

Flooding is a concern, but that is a pretty constant concern at this time of year anyway. However, the possibility of landslides will probably be higher than usual.

If you could, please keep my father in your prayers. He has CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and his white blood cell count is at an unbelievable low right now after intensive chemotherapy. He is fighting and infection and may need to be admitted to the hospital if the oral antibiotics are not working. He is seeing his doctor tomorrow hopefully. :(

Thanks for your concern.

Dorothy39
10-15-2006, 10:24 PM
We at Pet Talk are very fortunate to have received your reply.

I will be sure to keep your Father in my Prayers tonight :o ~

Thank-You for the link to the original thread about the Animal Sanctuary~ We will also hold them in our postive prayers here as well.

So glad to learn that you and yours are all right!!!