PDA

View Full Version : Kater, you okay?

Karen
10-15-2006, 03:17 PM
We're hearing reports of a major earthquake and aftershocks in Hawaii, how are you and your critters?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/15/hawaii.quake.ap/index.html

Laura's Babies
10-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I was wondering if we had any PT'ers there. I hope everyone is ok.

Catty1
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I PM'd her. Latest news, I hadn't heard of any deaths there...

Kfamr
10-15-2006, 07:01 PM
I sure hope she is okay.

My friend Roger lives on Ewa Beach and he said his house is completely flooded and he's in a shelter in the mountains.

Alysser
10-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I hope Kater is okay. I didn't know she lived in Hawaii. I'll be praying for her.

Kater
10-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Hello PT! Everyone in our immediate vicinity is okay. All our critters are just fine. We got power back a few hours ago, and we had hurricane supplies prepared so we were fine food wise.

We've been staying off the phone, so I'm not sure about how everyone else fared. I am most worried about my friends on the Big Island. If you could, please keep the animal sanctuary in your prayers! They are located pretty close to the epicenter of the quake. (old thread: http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=46250) I have an e-mail out to her and I'm pretty sure she will e-mail everyone on her listserv as soon as she is able.

Flooding is a concern, but that is a pretty constant concern at this time of year anyway. However, the possibility of landslides will probably be higher than usual.

If you could, please keep my father in your prayers. He has CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and his white blood cell count is at an unbelievable low right now after intensive chemotherapy. He is fighting and infection and may need to be admitted to the hospital if the oral antibiotics are not working. He is seeing his doctor tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks for your concern.

Karen
10-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Your father will be our prayers, we are glad that you are okay. I did immediately think of the Sanctuary you worked at on the Big Island as well, let us know when you hear from her, too, okay?

gini
10-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Prayers for you Kater, your Dad and of course, the animal sanctuary.

Also, prayers for your brother and his critters in Western New York.

I was glad to hear that you were alright.

xxoo Gini

Kater
10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
I heard from the sanctuary. All is well! All the animals are fine, but quite shaken up. Things are messy, but it doesn't sound like there was any structural damage. There are few big boulders off a lava pinnacle that will need to be moved by tractor. Otherwise, no major damage.

What a relief! :)

Zippy
10-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Thank Goodness You and all your critters are fine.Your dad is in my prayers.

Catty1
10-16-2006, 08:03 AM
Glad to hear that you and your household is okay, and the shelter also!

Many prayers for your dad - that he gets well!

HUGS

popcornbird
10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Kate, I just heard of the earthquake today, and immediately thought of you. Hope you and your family are all doing well. I'll be praying for your dad. {{{hugs}}}