PDA

View Full Version : It's about time!

davidpizzica
10-15-2006, 01:38 PM
All right! It looks very much like I WON'T be laid off this year! For the last couple of years I was usually laid off in the winter due to cutting the Club's budget and and some people were laid off. Now I'll actually be able to pay my bills and have some money to live on and for such luxuries as food, electricity and heat!

Laura's Babies
10-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Don't that make you feel GOOD! I am happy for you too!

davidpizzica
10-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Don't that make you feel GOOD! I am happy for you too!
It sure does! I'd rather be earning my pay than to ask the state of Pa. for it!

Karen
10-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Excellent, congratulations! So what kind of work will you be doing when the golfing season is over?

davidpizzica
10-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Excellent, congratulations! So what kind of work will you be doing when the golfing season is over?
Karen, there are trees to be cut down, we're building some new tees for some of the holes, snow shoveling (yech!), cleaning parts for the machinery, and maybe some painting. The boss will keep me busy!

Karen
10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Karen, there are trees to be cut down, we're building some new tees for some of the holes, snow shoveling (yech!), cleaning parts for the machinery, and maybe some painting. The boss will keep me busy!

I should have put "besides shoveling snow!" A golf course not far from us is used for cross-country skiing in the winter - do you get enough snow for that?

davidpizzica
10-15-2006, 04:06 PM
I should have put "besides shoveling snow!" A golf course not far from us is used for cross-country skiing in the winter - do you get enough snow for that?
Not too often, but sometimes we can get snowstorms that can dump over a foot of snow which is great for cross-country skiing. Our course goes over a lot of hills and is great for toboganning!(sp?).

moosmom
10-15-2006, 07:15 PM
That's wonderful David!! At least you'll be able to eat this winter.

gini
10-15-2006, 11:17 PM
David, I am really happy for you. I know being productive is very important, and putting food in front of you along with some heat - is also important!

Great news for you - and well deserved.

Dorothy39
10-15-2006, 11:24 PM
That has got to be a huge relief for you !!!!

How wonderful, now that Winter in on the Way !!! It is so good to know that all the work you do is appreciated, and needed.

It's also a comfort to know that you can pay the bills, eat and keep the home fires burning when it is cold outside!!!!

Great News!!!!!