PDA

View Full Version : Aw.. Neighbor had to put down her dog...

CountryWolf07
06-05-2002, 08:18 AM
:( Heard the news yesterday. Abby, a Golden Retriever, was put down. She was 14 years old Her legs were failing her, and she couldn't walk anymore. I saw her for the last time the day before she was put down.. I told my brother "Look at Abby, poor girl, her legs aren't as good as they were back then.. " I went over to pet her. She had to be only the dog I've seen and met in my life who had the greatest personality! She was very calm and laid-back. She loved to be around people, and especially me. I've took her on walks for the owners few times.. I'll miss her for that. I loved that dog as much I love my two dogs right now... They have an another golden, named Cassie. She is a year old, friendly girl. - Rachel

ramanth
06-05-2002, 08:34 AM
WHEW! From your title I was afraid that the person was forced too....

It's very sad and hard but your neighbor did the right thing so that Abby wouldn't suffer anymore. I bet Abby had a wonderful happy life.

God bless Abby.

My deepest sympathies to her owner. :(

Stenograsaurus
06-05-2002, 08:34 AM
I'm so sorry, Rachael. Abby is at a place where she is whole again and running like a puppy now. I hope you can find comfort in knowing she is no longer in pain.

anna_66
06-05-2002, 09:59 AM
:( Such sad news. Tell your neighbors they will be in our thoughts and prayers in this hard time.

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-05-2002, 10:06 AM
What sad news :( But Abby is not longer suffering and that is how it should be. Your neighbors must have loved Abby so much in order to make such a selfless decision.

Cassie will help ease their pain, I am sure.

Sudilar
06-05-2002, 04:52 PM
It sounds like Abby was well loved. I am so sorry for the loss. My heart goes out to you and your neighbors.

Sue

tatsxxx11
06-05-2002, 05:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear of her passing Rachel:( Even though it may be "time," this is always a very difficult and painful decision. Please tell your friends that I send to them my thoughts and prayers over their loss. Bless you dear, sweet Abby, a very beautiful and beloved Golden Girl.

mugsy
06-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Rachel, give your friends the Kendall's sympathy also. We are definitely sympathetic to their situation.