PDA

View Full Version : School Last Night! What A Riot!

anna_66
06-05-2002, 08:09 AM
Ok, last night had to be the funniest night of class we've ever had! Our teacher had to be at a dog show (Belgum's), so we would be on our own, with a supervisor (ok, we ended up with no supervisor!). She (our teacher) gave 3 of us (Me & Roxey were one) activities. Ours was a cookie hunt. So we practiced so we could demonstrate to the others how to do it. I AM NOT A TEACHER! Well, it wouldn't have been so bad, but some people don't come all the time, so they have NO idea what's going on. Anyway....on to activity 2. Tracking, put a post in the ground, shuffle your feet in one place for 1-2 minutes (ok, this is were it gets funny). I look around and here is 8 people on the grass shuffling their feet, we look like chickens scratching(I was afraid we would all start clucking)! Well, we aren't sure about the directions on how to do this, we are outside and we have noone to hold on to our pooches while we make our scent track. Roxey sits there like a good girl, but almost every other dog gets up! People are hollering, SIT! GET BACK THERE! NO! And then one of the dogs takes off! We are at the fairgrounds and this boxer runs up behind a horse ( I was so scared it was going to kick her). The guy just keeps hollering her name running after her (not the correct thing to do!). The rest of us stand there, like we are all in a daze! But if we all charge her, that isn't going to help either. Finally one lady stepped on her leash as she flys by and caught her! So, back to the tracking. I'm walking around so I don't step on anyone else's scent and one lady and her dog just walk right up to ours and stands there. I'm trying hard as I can to catch her before she gets into it, no good. When she finally hears me, she's like, "I'm so sorry!" Ok, first of all we were all supposed to be doing this, and 2nd didn't she hear that part of the directions? By now, it's really hot, the dogs don't want to corporate and it was all a big catastrophe!
So for our final activity, we go indoors for agility. Great, it's cooler, and the dogs and people will both be better (I thought!) and we only have 15 minutes left. We have a tunnel, weave polls, jump, stairs & cones. Of course, we are behind the boxer babe! They go thru the weave poles and to the tunnel. Now, this dog has been afraid of it since day 1, and WILL NOT go in. Fine, just take her onto the next thing, DO NOT PUSH HER IN. He was instructed not to push her in a few times, do you think he pushed her in? WELL OF COURSE HE DID! You should have seen it, pushed her head in, then their little girl climbed in the opposite end and pulled! He was holding it closed so she couldn't get out! Poor little girl! FINALLY, he decided she wasn't going to go thru (Duhhttp://www.forum-smilies.com/schockiert_05.gif) and quit, OMG! some people's kids! Roxey was great, tunnel, no problem, but it seemed to take her a while to get thru. There were treats in there left by the little girl, lucky Roxey! After a few times of this Roxey was bored, hot and tired, and luckily it was 8! Time to go. I wish I would have had a video camera, we could have been on Americas Funniest Home Videos! It's hard to explain how hilarious this all was, but believe me, you would have all been crying it was so funny! Thanks for listening to my loooong story, just wanted to share it!

CountryWolf07
06-05-2002, 08:12 AM
Glad you had a good time! :) Thanks for sharing! - Rachel

ramanth
06-05-2002, 08:41 AM
LOL!!!! I can only imagine the chaos if the instructor didn't show up for Kia's obedience class she had a few months ago. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Ann
06-05-2002, 08:46 AM
LOL, sounds like real chaos!! But pretty funny at the same time ;)

I feel sorry for that boxer they forced in the tunnel though, that's messed up.