PDA

View Full Version : I know it's really early, but...

Pembroke_Corgi
10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Do you have plans for the holidays?

Maybe it's just because many of my piano students are already working on Christmas music, but I've had Christmas on my mind lately (and "Silver Bells" stuck there as well)!

I'm excited about getting a tree this year, and also excited about getting so many cool cards from everyone in the card exchange! :D

So far the only thing I know is that my mom is flying into Denver for a week at Christmas, but I'm going to try to convice my brother to come, as well, since I miss him and my nephew and Christmas is always more fun with kids! I'm going to have 3 weeks off from classes AND my job, which is definately one benefit of working in a school. ;)

Uabassoon
10-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Alexa are planing our 3rd annual WinterHaven party. We live right next to a neighborhood called WinterHaven. All the streets have cute holiday names and the houses go all out every year, you can even rent a horse drawn carriage to go around the neighborhood! So we have people over for a big dinner then we all walk down to WinterHaven and look at all the houses. We usually do this around a week before Christmas.

For the week of Christmas I'm going home to Texas to be with my family.

I'm really excited even though I won't be with Alexa on Christmas day I'm looking forward to spending our first holiday season living together in our house. I love getting a Christmas tree and decorating the house for the holidays.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Oooohhh, that sounds fun!!! My grandparents live in Arizona between Phoenix and Tucson for half the year, and once when I went to visit they took me to the lights they have in Mesa. I think maybe it was at a mormon temple? I don't remember exactly, but it was lovely, and kind of fun to see palm trees decorated in Christmas lights!

I forgot to add that we are going to go to Georgetown, which is a little mountain town, they hold an old time Christmas market a couple weekends in December.

Miss Z
10-15-2006, 07:40 AM
Not as yet. We always stay home for Christmas and I usually busy myself having fun with my pets (after I've opened all my pressies of course ;) ). This year though we're thinking about going out for Christmas dinner, as it always annoys my mum when she has to cook a turkey with all the trimmings and a vegetarian meal for me :p

sparks19
10-15-2006, 11:34 AM
No plans.

this will be my first Christmas away from my family :( BUT my mom and my step dad are hoping to come visit for the Christmas weekend so that would be nice. :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-15-2006, 11:51 AM
We'll just be doing what we do every year. On Christmas eve, we'll be going to my Aunt's house for a family/friend get together sort of thing. We don't really enjoy going (because we don't really know any of the people there, except my Aunt and Uncle and they all think we're crazy for having even one dog let alone 5), but we apparently have to go. Then, on Christmas day we'll be having dinner at our house with my Grandma, my Aunt, my cousin, and two of my uncles. Winter (Tango's brother, and my Grandma's dog) will also be joining us. After dinner, we usually watch a movie of some sort too. That's all we ever do, but I enjoy it for the most part.

Dorothy39
10-15-2006, 12:28 PM
We will be honoring the Traditional ~ Christmas Eve Dinner with my in-laws, now being in their 70's~ When we get back home, I always watch "Dickens Christmas Carol" before going to bed!! this tradition has been cast in stone for over 30 years now!!!!

Christmas Day is usually here, with another "Festive Meal".

Right now, I'm still working on cleaning up our family room in the basement, so, I'll put on some Christmas Music while painting the ceiling tiles today!!! ;)

cyber-sibes
10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
We usually go to church Christmas Eve, then Christmas morning, take Star and Sherman to the dogpark. This was taken on a Christmas morning:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/Big%20Snow/running.jpg
Sometimes we have a few friends over for dinner who also don't have any family around. I get lots of Christmas spirit working in retail through the holidays- nonstop Christmas music!
I usually have my sons over for Thanksgiving, and then have "Christmas" whenever they can make it, anywhere from early Dec. to mid-January.