PDA

View Full Version : Please any suggestions will be appreciated

Muddy4paws
10-14-2006, 09:30 AM
I know Im doing wrong posting here but I know alot more people look here and its urgent to me anyway.

My lab is about 8 years old now and we think shes loosing control of when she can go to the toilet, shes ok going outside for a pee but ATM shes soiling in the house shes done it atleast 6 times this week sorry to be gross but its very runny and shes normally so clean she will bark to go outside and run about to go out but shes not doing it anymore shes just going where she wants to

Please ANY SUGGESTION are really appreciated, We was always told she wont last as long as most dogs because of her illness shes had but never been like this and my mum and dad are taking her to the vet if she doesnt stop and I KNOW he will suggest her being put to sleep, he has done since she was a puppy, my parents cant afford alot of vet bills and I cant help out in that way because I dont earn enough I know you shouldnt get a dog if you cant afford it but we were alot more stable when we got her and we will do all we can to help her as much as possible.

We are keeping her on a rice and chicken diet til we can get her into the vets :( I really dont want to lose my babygirl and I know shes getting old and its scaring me so much

Pembroke_Corgi
10-14-2006, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry the best advice I have is to take her to the vet, which you will already be doing. I hope you can find some answers there, and that she feels better soon!

lizbud
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry she's having this problem. :( I'll bet she doesn't like it any
more than you do. Some dogs actually act embarressed with they have
accidents, but they just can't help it. I know what you said about Vet bills,
but really she should be seen. There could be some meds that would help
with this & then neither of you would have the problem.Make sense?

animal_rescue
10-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Maggie went through the same thing, she now takes hormones once a week(for the rest of her life) to control it. It may be best to take her to the vet and ask about the hormones to help control it.